Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Does Islam preach forcible conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I must be clairvoyant then!

Volume II: ad 500–ad 1420 [ Eds. David Eltis and Stanley L. Engerman]
    Must be a new definition of 'clairvoyant' that you're using.

Do continue this rabbit trail. I'm sure it's much more convenient than correcting your earlier glaring errors on the main topic.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

It is just a glaring example of your usual standard of research.
      Yet the fact remains that in November 2020 I gave the correct title for Vol 2 and the names of the two main Editors.

So as according to you:

but volume 2 didn't exist until 2021

I must have preternatural skills!
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Must be a new definition of 'clairvoyant' that you're using.

Do continue this rabbit trail. I'm sure it's much more convenient than correcting your earlier glaring errors on the main topic.
        Which include but are hardly limited to...

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

​​​​​​​[...]

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        Islam does not preach forcible conversion.
        We do not know what Muhammed said. The Qur'an was written down centuries later.
        Around 800 CE biographies of Muhammed came to written and these were carefully preserved. Before that? We have nothing.
        The Qur'an is silent on Gabriel's revelations or any supernatural voice. The figure does appear in some verses but there is no mention of that figure being the messenger of supernatural revelations.
        Nor were the hadiths ever intended to be considered in such a manner.
        Or maybe more attempts to show that Jesus also commanded conversion by the sword that have been a regular laugh riot so far.

At the very least please find another source who will do something like your last one and insist that the notion that Islam was spread at the point of the sword was nothing but some myth that the Crusaders came up with.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yet the fact remains that in November 2020 I gave the correct title for Vol 2 and the names of the two main Editors.

So as according to you:

All you gave was the correct title and the names of the two main editors. Surely an historian such as yourself would know that such information is often available in advance of publication. The exact contents of such a work, not so much.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

So as according to you:

Yet again you are expecting your narrative to be believed and concrete evidence to the contrary ignored.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Yet again you are expecting your narrative to be believed and concrete evidence to the contrary ignored.
              The fact remains that I wrote a post [Tweb date and time 11-16-2020, 04:08 PM - i.e. November 16 2020] that cites all four titles in the Cambridge World History of Slavery series and that post gives the second volume's title correctly including the names of the two main editors. The period it is covering AD 500 -AD 1420 gives a reasonable indication as to the contents of that volume.

According to you:

volume 2 didn't exist until 2021

Hence my jocular remark about my having preternatural skills!

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Which include but are hardly limited to...

Good heavens you really desperate aren't you?
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Good heavens you really are desperate aren't you?
                  Corrected
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Run away, brave Sir Robin!

sigpic

Comment

Not sure how my reminding you of some of the highlights of your performance here on this thread can be construed as desperate...

Maybe you could point it out since you continue to cravenly run away from addressing your hilarious proclamations

Islam does not preach forcible conversion.
                      We do not know what Muhammed said. The Qur'an was written down centuries later.
                      Around 800 CE biographies of Muhammed came to written and these were carefully preserved. Before that? We have nothing.
                      The Qur'an is silent on Gabriel's revelations or any supernatural voice. The figure does appear in some verses but there is no mention of that figure being the messenger of supernatural revelations.
                      Nor were the hadiths ever intended to be considered in such a manner.
                      Or maybe more attempts to show that Jesus also commanded conversion by the sword that have been a regular laugh riot so far.

At the very least please find another source who will do something like your last one and insist that the notion that Islam was spread at the point of the sword was nothing but some myth that the Crusaders came up with.

So where exactly is this desperation you see O poltroon of Tweb?

All I see is a list of things made by an empty-headed poser pretending to have a clue.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Run away, brave Sir Robin!
                        I am tempted to write and ask if such devotion is evidence of a "bromance"?
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Not sure how my reminding you of some of the highlights of your performance here on this thread can be construed as desperate...

Maybe you could point it out since you continue to cravenly run away from addressing your hilarious proclamations

So where exactly is this desperation you see O poltroon of Tweb?

All I see is a list of things made by an empty-headed poser pretending to have a clue.

And all I have read are uncontextualized comments from various individuals along with cherry picked verses from freely available online texts.

"It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

And all I have read are uncontextualized comments from various individuals along with cherry picked verses from freely available online texts.
                            I'm going to press X to doubt and suggest you haven't actually read them.
                            My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post

I'm going to press X to doubt and suggest you haven't actually read them.
                              Since attempting to ignore her gaffes hasn't worked, she's switching to hand-waving. It should be trivially easy to expose uncontextualized comments (by providing context) and cherry-picked verses (by showing contrary ones), especially given that they are from "easily available online texts."

sigpic

Comment

Since attempting to ignore her gaffes hasn't worked, she's switching to hand-waving. It should be trivially easy to expose uncontextualized comments (by providing context) and cherry-picked verses (by showing contrary ones), especially given that they are from "easily available online texts."
                                For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

But don't you see that because they aren't quoted from books in her personal library they are necessarily uncontextualized and cherry-picked?

We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment