Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

They are not Christians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Uh, rogue and others already did that. And eider, you have zero evidence, archeological or otherwise that they all lived in tents.
    Most........... there is evidence of a 1st century building at Nazareth. Most itinerant peasants were tent dwellers.
    If you think that there were folks living at Nazareth or any of the other hilltops around Sepphoris during the Roman siege and razing of Sepphoris then I can't help you.

You didn't answer my question.
    Please show me the evidence that Nazareth was full of buildings in the early first century AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post
      Maybe that's an UK term.....
      What is it called in America? Footings? (genuine question) it never occurred to me that the term might be unfamiliar.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Most........... there is evidence of a 1st century building at Nazareth. Most itinerant peasants were tent dwellers.
        If you think that there were folks living at Nazareth or any of the other hilltops around Sepphoris during the Roman siege and razing of Sepphoris then I can't help you.

Please show me the evidence that Nazareth was full of buildings in the early first century AD.
        No - there is at least one building, it has actually been found (in fact, I think there are two). There is evidence of more than 20 buildings.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Maybe that's an UK term.....

No..... you just aren't aware of the area that the building remains of Sepphoris comprise........ that's really really big, strange as it seems to you.
          It might be worthwhile to read about the history of Zippori/Sepphoris.....??
          Are you going to pretend that there aren't archaeological remains from building at this time like you do with Nazareth?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Actually, more than just one and they include at least one small home.

Do you think that Nazareth was some sort of temporary community, only occupied sporadically (depending on the season) like you see with some actual itinerant populations?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This thread is getting in tents.
              I think that was his intent.
              When I Survey....

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post

I tentatively agree.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post

I'm content with that.

Comment

....Most itinerant peasants were tent dwellers.....
                    Let's apply a little basic logic here.
                    You'd have to assume that most residents were itinerant peasants.
                    Can you demonstrate that?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah everyone was getting too tents.
                      So the old Indian told his wife he had a very bad dream that night.
                      "I dreamed I turned into a TeePee - then a WigWam - then a TeePee then a WigWam - TeePee WigWam TeePee.....

His wife interrupted him and said, "STOP THAT, You're TWO TENTS!"

(yeah, better spoken than typed)
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                        There is evidence of more than 20 buildings.
                        Have you got a archeological report or other article for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Are you going to pretend that there aren't archaeological remains from building at this time like you do with Nazareth?
                          No.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Do you think that Nazareth was some sort of temporary community, only occupied sporadically (depending on the season) like you see with some actual itinerant populations?
                            Why don't you read about the history of this hill top?

Are you trying to pretend that 2000 years ago you would have set up home for your family in a low place rather than a high place? This is an IQ test question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Let's apply a little basic logic here.
                              You'd have to assume that most residents were itinerant peasants.
                              Can you demonstrate that?
                              What do you think that the residents of Nazareth did?
                              Do you know how large Nazareth was? (The city of Sepphoris's main buildings area was 7 acres....which was magnificent, btw)
                              How many would farm sheep?
                              How many might have worked on the Sepphoris rebuilding circa 2-1BC?)

Comment

Have you got a archeological report or other article for that?
                                https://www.cleveland.com/religion/2...areth_say.html
                                The dwelling and older discoveries of nearby tombs in burial caves suggest that Nazareth was an out-of-the-way hamlet of around 50 houses on a patch of about four acres (1.6 hectares).
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment