Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Question About Numbers 15:32–36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

One of two options (at least) with reasonable likelihood. Not that I can think of more than two.
    Given that I made such a remark to you on page 11 some 12 days ago I can only opine it has taken you a considerable period of time to recognise that likelihood

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

The other possibility is that this individual [assuming he existed] had retired from the army

"It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Given that I made such a remark to you on page 11 some 12 days ago I can only opine it has taken you a considerable period of time to recognise that likelihood

I saw no reason to argue with it then, and still don't. It is the less likely of two alternatives, but not by a huge margin.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I saw no reason to argue with it then, and still don't. It is the less likely of two alternatives, but not by a huge margin.
        So what is the most likely possibility then? In your opinion.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

So what is the most likely possibility then? In your opinion.
          11 days ago, I thought it much more likely that he would have been a serving soldier who became a god-fearer after he arrived in Judaea. Thinking it over since, I consider it close to line ball - just a shade more likely that he was a serving officer. Next week, I will have given it more consideration.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

11 days ago, I thought it much more likely that he would have been a serving soldier who became a god-fearer after he arrived in Judaea. Thinking it over since, I consider it close to line ball - just a shade more likely that he was a serving officer. Next week, I will have given it more consideration.
            How will we bear the suspense?

Watch this space!

"It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I'm ok with them following the Law YHWH gave them. I accept without judgment that YHWH smote Uzzah for touching the Ark of the Covenant in a way that violated proper procedures. I accept without judgment that at times YHWH directly commanded genocide.
              Like most of the Bible the citation reflects an ancient world view of God or maybe Gods only relevant to the time those that lived and wrote these texts. IF God exists and I believe, God is a universal God not defined by any one ancient culture, nor any one of the many diverse conflicting fallible human views that try to define God from teir perspective.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I'm ok with them following the Law YHWH gave them. I accept without judgment that YHWH smote Uzzah for touching the Ark of the Covenant in a way that violated proper procedures. I accept without judgment that at times YHWH directly commanded genocide.
                What you are accepting is someone' making up a story to justify murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post

What you are accepting is someone' making up a story to justify murder.
                  Sure, from the perspective of an infidel or a near-infidel lib.

I'm evangelical. My presuppositions differ.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Sure, from the perspective of an infidel or a near-infidel lib.

I'm evangelical. My presuppositions differ.
                    And your presuppostion makes you a murder enabler. Got it...

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post

And your presuppostion makes you a murder enabler. Got it...
                      Just God. It only applies to the creator of time and space.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist View Post

Just God. It only applies to the creator of time and space.
                        Right? I was hoping someone would comment on this. God can do anything He wants. If He wants to kill an entire population, who are we as mortals to say to an uncreated being that He's wrong for doing so? There's a logic problem there.

Comment

Right? I was hoping someone would comment on this. God can do anything He wants. If He wants to kill an entire population, who are we as mortals to say to an uncreated being that He's wrong for doing so? There's a logic problem there.
                          machinist.jpg

You are congratulating yourself for your own comment? Okaaaay...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

machinist.jpg

I think it was addressed to LM. He was hoping that LM would comment on the post.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For starters, beginning at 1:22 -
                              For the sake of the exercise, accept Hitler's story as factual (it probably isn't). Consider whether Tandy should have acted as he did, then view it from the perspective of one who knows the outcome.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

machinist.jpg

snip.JPGsnip.JPGsnip.JPGsnip.JPG

Comment