Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Send proof! of miracles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send proof! of miracles...

I paid the $20 to watch the "Send Proof" video, which was a video with points and counterpoints, with Christians and skeptics, and a number of examples of healings. One of them was a lady who lost her vision at age 12 due to macular degeneration (medically documented), whose sight was restored after prayer. Overall, convincing! Then they reference the Global Medical Research Institute, which is a group dedicated to "Applying rigorous methods of evidence-based medicine to study Christian Spiritual Healing practices". And the sendproof website is still soliciting reports of documented healings, so another video may be in the offing.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    I paid the $20 to watch the "Send Proof" video, ...
    sucker.png
    "There is a sucker born ev'ry minute..."

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      "There is a sucker born ev'ry minute..."
      Well, I've experienced healing myself, and have prayed for others and seen the Lord work. But you can watch the trailer for free, it hits the highlights, and then there's the Global Medical Research Institute, which publishes in peer-reviewed journals. So I think it's money well-spent.

Blessings,
      Lee
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Interesting, eclectic batch of luminaries listed at the site.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I paid the $20 to watch the "Send Proof" video, which was a video with points and counterpoints, with Christians and skeptics, and a number of examples of healings. One of them was a lady who lost her vision at age 12 due to macular degeneration (medically documented), whose sight was restored after prayer. Overall, convincing! Then they reference the Global Medical Research Institute, which is a group dedicated to "Applying rigorous methods of evidence-based medicine to study Christian Spiritual Healing practices". And the sendproof website is still soliciting reports of documented healings, so another video may be in the offing.

Blessings,
          Lee
          The $20 was to stream it, right?
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            The $20 was to stream it, right?
            That's correct...

Blessings,
            Lee

Comment

Well, I've experienced healing myself, and have prayed for others and seen the Lord work. But you can watch the trailer for free, it hits the highlights, and then there's the Global Medical Research Institute, which publishes in peer-reviewed journals. So I think it's money well-spent.

Blessings,
              Lee
              Experiencing healing is not a reliable 'miracle' whether one is a believer or not.

The next word in the dictionary past 'miracle' is 'mirage.'
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                Experiencing healing is not a reliable 'miracle' whether one is a believer or not.
                Well, I was diagnosed and treated for a condition called mitral valve prolapse, and some years later, went to a meeting with Randy Clark, where he called out my condition. I went up for prayer, and one of the prayer team members at the meeting prayed for me. I didn't know if anything happened at the time, until some years later I was told by a doctor that I don't have mitral valve prolapse! No more extra heartbeats and chest pain...

Blessings,
                Lee

Comment

I'm kind of intrigued, but if I'm going to spend money, I guess I'd like something I can hold in my hands. I already have Keener's books on miracles. The most recent and non-academic one is only $22 at Amazon.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Well, I was diagnosed and treated for a condition called mitral valve prolapse, and some years later, went to a meeting with Randy Clark, where he called out my condition. I went up for prayer, and one of the prayer team members at the meeting prayed for me. I didn't know if anything happened at the time, until some years later I was told by a doctor that I don't have mitral valve prolapse! No more extra heartbeats and chest pain...

Blessings,
                    Lee
                    So what?!?!?!?! There are literally tens of thousands of cases of healings from what would be considered terminal illness that have apparently 'miraculously survived.by believers and non-believers of many diverse and conflicting religions.

The reality you healed naturally and physically survived through natural processes. There is no documented evidence as in all the other claims over time of Divine healing
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      So what?!?!?!?!
                      So I would encourage you and others to pray to Jesus for healing for yourself and others.

There are literally tens of thousands of cases of healings from what would be considered terminal illness that have apparently 'miraculously survived.by believers and non-believers of many diverse and conflicting religions.
                      References, please?

The reality you healed naturally and physically survived through natural processes.
                      But I don't think heart valves get better on their own.

There is no documented evidence as in all the other claims over time of Divine healing
                      My healing was documented by doctors' reports. And Craig Keener documents dozens of miracles in his book.

Source: amazon.com

"Seldom does a book take one's breath away, but Keener's magisterial Miracles is such a book. It is an extremely sophisticated, completely thorough treatment of its subject matter and, in my opinion, it is now the best text available on the topic. The uniqueness of Keener's treatment lies in his location of the biblical miracles in the trajectory of ongoing, documented miracles in the name of Jesus and His kingdom throughout church history, up to and including the present. From now on, no one who deals with the credibility of biblical miracles can do so responsibly without interacting with this book."
                      --J. P. Moreland, Talbot School of Theology, Biola University

Keener closed the first volume with 13 pages of accounts of the blind healed, 13 pages of the lame walking, and 43 pages of accounts of the dead raised to life. Page after page after page of such accounts can get a little monotonous until you start realizing what this means in terms of changed lives, apologetics, church growth, prayer, and a worldview of faith and hope.
                      --Amazon reviewer

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Blessings,
                      Lee

Comment

So I would encourage you and others to pray to Jesus for healing for yourself and others.

References, please?

But I don't think heart valves get better on their own.

My healing was documented by doctors' reports. And Craig Keener documents dozens of miracles in his book.

Source: amazon.com

"Seldom does a book take one's breath away, but Keener's magisterial Miracles is such a book. It is an extremely sophisticated, completely thorough treatment of its subject matter and, in my opinion, it is now the best text available on the topic. The uniqueness of Keener's treatment lies in his location of the biblical miracles in the trajectory of ongoing, documented miracles in the name of Jesus and His kingdom throughout church history, up to and including the present. From now on, no one who deals with the credibility of biblical miracles can do so responsibly without interacting with this book."
                        --J. P. Moreland, Talbot School of Theology, Biola University

Keener closed the first volume with 13 pages of accounts of the blind healed, 13 pages of the lame walking, and 43 pages of accounts of the dead raised to life. Page after page after page of such accounts can get a little monotonous until you start realizing what this means in terms of changed lives, apologetics, church growth, prayer, and a worldview of faith and hope.
                        --Amazon reviewer

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Blessings,
                        Lee
                        Keener has noted in various places, including the bottom of page 5 of Miracles Today, his more recent one-volume non-academic book on the topic that he has directly spoken with people who flatly affirmed that even if they personally saw someone raised from the dead, they would not admit to it being a miracle.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Keener has noted in various places, including the bottom of page 5 of Miracles Today, his more recent one-volume non-academic book on the topic that he has directly spoken with people who flatly affirmed that even if they personally saw someone raised from the dead, they would not admit to it being a miracle.
                          If I saw someone (apparently) raised from the dead, my first thought would be that he must not have really been dead. If I was absolutely convinced that there had been a dead body before, then I would assume that I had been deceived by that body being replaced by a live person. And if I was also absolutely convinced that no swap could have taken place, then I would probably start to question my sanity.

I'm not too worried about that happening, though.

Comment

That's correct...

Blessings,
                            Lee
                            Color me skeptical when it comes to folks who seem more interested in a profit than spreading God's word.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

If I saw someone (apparently) raised from the dead, my first thought would be that he must not have really been dead. If I was absolutely convinced that there had been a dead body before, then I would assume that I had been deceived by that body being replaced by a live person. And if I was also absolutely convinced that no swap could have taken place, then I would probably start to question my sanity.

I'm not too worried about that happening, though.
                              Or if you visited a person who, following an accident, had had their left leg amputated and when you visited them again, three days later, the left leg has regrown! Now that would be considered a miracle.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment