Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Other Day I Read:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Storm Warning View Post
    As if Christians don't cherry-pick their Bibles. In any case, all I did was take a single verse and ask "what went wrong?" You and others gave answers, which unfortunately only added to my perplexity, and led me to connect the dots (John 9 + Romans 3), leaving me to ask, "just who is god listening to"? now if you don't have a reasonable answer, fine, but if you do and can reconcile John and Romans, I'd like to hear it.
    As if. You and I both know you had those lined up before you posted your "conundrum".
    Not according to what John 9:31 and Romans 3:23 say. According to them god isn't listening to anyone.
    Not sure what the words of a random blind man healed by Jesus have to do with anything. And your ripping Romans 3:23 from context is duly noted; reading the verses around that would answer your question, if you were interested.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

If we are seeking for God's will to be done in all things, the desires of our hearts will align with His will.
      Can you give an example of a desire of your heart that you prayed for that aligned with God’s will?

Comment