Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Joshua's long day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got better things to do. Yer boring.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I was referring to a BS generator, Markus
      I think you have that quite well handled on your own.

I can see why you abandoned the Tektonics area, JP apparently handed you your rear end on a platter and you ran for the hills hiding out in threads like this one. Your objections and contradictions are kindergarten level atheism at best. Yawn.

Question: now that you see that Caesar's murder has contradictions, do you now doubt that he was killed or existed too?
      ALINCOLNISM! smiley fist shake.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Markus River View Post

Try a little contextual analysis. Isn’t that your mantra?

I agree, there was indeed a summary dismissal. But it was of the tedious way the pious always try to wave those sociopathic killers in atheist’s faces. Not of the crimes against humanity they perpetrated to maintain their collective grip on power.
        Not to mention Pol Pot, Idi Amin, ..., Kim Jong Un; and of course their supporters and armies.

But while you are happy to deny that they are representative of atheism, you are not so happy when Christians deny that sociopaths are representative of Christianity.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Not to mention Pol Pot, Idi Amin, ..., Kim Jong Un; and of course their supporters and armies.
          Idi Amin was, I believe, a Muslim. I don’t see an Islamic unitary monarchy, like Saudi Arabia, offering political asylum to an atheist.

But while you are happy to deny that they are representative of atheism.
          Yes, they were anti religion. They were also anti trade union, anti-capitalist, anti inteligencia and anti any body or organisation that could form a nucleus for popular dissent.

[Y]ou are not so happy when Christians deny that sociopaths are representative of Christianity.
          I don’t, by any means, believe that sociopaths are generally representative of Christianity. They should always be judged on their actions and declared motivations.

There has, historically though, been far more widespread killing by believers in the name of God, than killing by atheists in the name of non-belief in God. The absolute numbers may be lower, but that was more to do with primitive technology and smaller populations limiting the opportunities for industrial scale slaughter.
          When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
          - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
          “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            I've got better things to do. Yer boring.
            It's a pity that occasionally running a spell checker isn't one of them.
            When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
            - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;

Comment

• Yer is slang for you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Yer is slang for you are.
                Duh. I'm talking about your history of error strewn posts. Considering you usually only manage to write one sentence each time, your batting average is appalling.
                - Anonymous

Comment

• Phones love typos...

Comment

• Originally posted by Markus River View Post

Idi Amin was, I believe, a Muslim. I don’t see an Islamic unitary monarchy, like Saudi Arabia, offering political asylum to an atheist.
                    Correct; though Libya was not as accommodating as Saudi Arabia, with Gadhafi expressing regret for ever offering hospitality to Amin.

There has, historically though, been far more widespread killing by believers in the name of God,
                    "names of gods" would be a more accurate term, I believe.

than killing by atheists in the name of non-belief in God. The absolute numbers may be lower, but that was more to do with primitive technology and smaller populations limiting the opportunities for industrial scale slaughter.
                    Making a virtue of necessity - until relatively recently, atheists lacked numbers and organisation that religion afforded to pogroms. They have certainly been making up for lost time though.
                    Last edited by tabibito; 01-07-2022, 07:16 PM.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveTheApologist View Post
                      Are you serious? Paul was executed during the reign of Nero! He died His relevant letters are dated to 25 years after Jesus' death, at most. Well within living memory!

Tell me, are you dishonest, or just ignorant?"
                      Just to be clear, I was replying to this excerpt in my last post on this thread.

Comment