Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Satanic Musician Makes Appearance at Kanye West’s Sunday Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Nor is The Church of Satan as "Satanic" as some here might like to think.

So no sacrificing babies, black cockerels or nubile virgins.
    Well that is disappointing. I wonder if it’s too late to get a refund on these horns. . . ?
    When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
    - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
    “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It just looks weird, too - the all-white robes make it look like some kind of cult.
      And they shamelessly parade every Sunday.

ClergyInRobes.jpg
      When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
      - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
      “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

Well that is disappointing. I wonder if it’s too late to get a refund on these horns. . . ?
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

ClergyInRobes.jpg
          not even close
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

not even close
            Well……..

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Well……..

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

[QUOTE=mossrose;n1321724]

Well……..

Yeah, thought about that.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

ClergyInRobes.jpg
                    Possibly the clergy/preachers/parsons [take your choice] of some denominations represented on these boards do not wear [sacerdotal] vestments.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Possibly the clergy/preachers/parsons [take your choice] of some denominations represented on these boards do not wear [sacerdotal] vestments.
                      Perhaps you're incapable of noting the difference between the video representation in the OP and the one of the clergy represented in the "other" picture.

Comment

Perhaps you're incapable of noting the difference between the video representation in the OP and the one of the clergy represented in the "other" picture.
                        I made a perfectly reasonable remark concerning vestments. I understand that not all evangelical/fundamentalist Christian denominations require their preachers/pastors/vicars [or whatever term they choose to use] to wear any [sacerdotal] vestments.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I made a perfectly reasonable remark concerning vestments. I understand that not all evangelical/fundamentalist Christian denominations require their preachers/pastors/vicars [or whatever term they choose to use] to wear any [sacerdotal] vestments.
                          And, again, you're totally missing the point.

Comment

Is Manson really a "Satanic Musician" or is he, like Alice Cooper, simply doing a stage show? Nor is The Church of Satan as "Satanic" as some here might like to think.
                            I've tried to find more about that, and, interestingly, It's hard to find an analysis that isn't filled with vulgarity. One interviewer was posing that very question about Manson, and his appearance with Kanye, now supposedly known as "ye".

When asked "Is Manson a Christian?", the response from his agent was "that's nobody's business". That, in itself, calls his 'Christianity' into question.

Comment

When asked "Is Manson a Christian?", the response from his agent was "that's nobody's business". That, in itself, calls his 'Christianity' into question.
                              Yeah anytime a supposed Christian refuses to open claim to be a Christian and share their story, I am instantly suspicious of their faith.

Luke 9:26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah anytime a supposed Christian refuses to open claim to be a Christian and share their story, I am instantly suspicious of their faith.

Luke 9:26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

And the whole thing with "flirting with satan", like Manson has done, isn't something any sincere Christian would ever do. Even if it's an act.

Comment