Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Satanic Musician Makes Appearance at Kanye West’s Sunday Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satanic Musician Makes Appearance at Kanye West’s Sunday Service

‘Ye of Little Faith?’ Satanic Musician Makes Appearance at West’s Sunday Service

sunday_service_donda-west.jpg

This past Sunday (Oct 31), Kanye West, who officially changed his name to Ye in October, held his first Sunday Service since releasing his highly anticipated second Christian album, “Donda.”

“Donda” features 27 tracks and includes guests JAY-Z, The Weeknd, Travis Scott, Pop Smoke, Roddy Ricch, and many other notable artists. Perhaps no guest is more surprising than well-known anti-Christian shock-rocker Marilyn Manson.
    Who is Marilyn Manson?

Marilyn Manson, born Brian Warner, grew up attending his mother’s Episcopal church and went to a Christian school through the tenth grade. He created his stage name by combining the names of two cultural icons: Marilyn Monroe and Charles Manson. Manson has released 11 studio albums and has been nominated for four Grammy Awards.

The controversial rocker is outspoken about his hatred for Christianity, and he has been seen burning Bibles at concerts. On Manson’s 2017 album “Heaven Upside Down,” his song “Say10” includes the lyric, “You Say God and I say SAY10” [Satan].

RELATED: Shock Rocker Alice Cooper Prays Every Day and Gives God Credit for His Sobriety

In 1994, the Church of Satan made Manson an “honorary” minister of their church for his “real world accomplishments at the time.”

Manson has also been the center of multiple sexual abuse allegations. For these reasons, some have expressed shock that West has included Manson on his latest album and at a Sunday Service concert.

Although Manson didn’t say anything during the Sunday Service, he was visibly taking the experience in. Some question whether Ye is having an influence on the Manson or if this could be an elaborate publicity stunt — something West is known for doing.
    Justin Bieber Joins West and Manson

Popular pop singer Justin Bieber also joined West and Manson. This wasn’t Bieber’s first time singing at a Sunday Service, as he was seen performing at a 2020 service.

Bieber isn’t shy about his faith, and he has frequently joined Maverick City Music’s Chandler Moore to sing worship music at Churchome, a multisite church on the west coast.

Attached Files
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I had my doubts about Kanye's conversion from the very beginning. And I doubt Beiber, as well. These celebrities (in some people's minds) should be more careful when proclaiming faith.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I had my doubts about Kanye's conversion from the very beginning. And I doubt Beiber, as well. These celebrities (in some people's minds) should be more careful when proclaiming faith.
      The boy is ALL OVER the place.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The boy is ALL OVER the place.
        If Kanye had truly repented he would have, at the very least, spent his time sitting at the feet of great teachers of the Word instead of getting immediately behind the pulpit.

And he would have given up the worst of his music career. I say that with the proviso that I know nothing about his music career. I am only guessing that some of it, or all of it, was bad.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Well, he's bipolar. So there's always the chance that he legitimately converted, but is unstable.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

‘Ye of Little Faith?’ Satanic Musician Makes Appearance at West’s Sunday Service

This past Sunday (Oct 31), Kanye West, who officially changed his name to Ye in October, held his first Sunday Service since releasing his highly anticipated second Christian album, “Donda.”

“Donda” features 27 tracks and includes guests JAY-Z, The Weeknd, Travis Scott, Pop Smoke, Roddy Ricch, and many other notable artists. Perhaps no guest is more surprising than well-known anti-Christian shock-rocker Marilyn Manson.
            Who is Marilyn Manson?

Marilyn Manson, born Brian Warner, grew up attending his mother’s Episcopal church and went to a Christian school through the tenth grade. He created his stage name by combining the names of two cultural icons: Marilyn Monroe and Charles Manson. Manson has released 11 studio albums and has been nominated for four Grammy Awards.

The controversial rocker is outspoken about his hatred for Christianity, and he has been seen burning Bibles at concerts. On Manson’s 2017 album “Heaven Upside Down,” his song “Say10” includes the lyric, “You Say God and I say SAY10” [Satan].

RELATED: Shock Rocker Alice Cooper Prays Every Day and Gives God Credit for His Sobriety

In 1994, the Church of Satan made Manson an “honorary” minister of their church for his “real world accomplishments at the time.”

Manson has also been the center of multiple sexual abuse allegations. For these reasons, some have expressed shock that West has included Manson on his latest album and at a Sunday Service concert.

Although Manson didn’t say anything during the Sunday Service, he was visibly taking the experience in. Some question whether Ye is having an influence on the Manson or if this could be an elaborate publicity stunt — something West is known for doing.

Popular pop singer Justin Bieber also joined West and Manson. This wasn’t Bieber’s first time singing at a Sunday Service, as he was seen performing at a 2020 service.

Bieber isn’t shy about his faith, and he has frequently joined Maverick City Music’s Chandler Moore to sing worship music at Churchome, a multisite church on the west coast.
            Is Manson really a "Satanic Musician" or is he, like Alice Cooper, simply doing a stage show? Nor is The Church of Satan as "Satanic" as some here might like to think.

From its Wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_SatanThe Church does not espouse a belief in Satan as an entity who literally exists,[11] and LaVey did not encourage the worship of Satan as a deity.[12] High Priest Peter H. Gilmore has stated "My real feeling is that anybody who believes in supernatural entities on some level is insane. Whether they believe in the Devil or God, they are abdicating reason."[13] Gilmore defines the word "Satan" as "a model or a mode of behavior", noting that in Hebrew the word means "adversary" or "opposer", which can be regarded as "one who questions."[13] Gilmore describes Satanism as beginning with atheism, and taking the view that the universe is indifferent: "There's no God, there's no Devil. No one cares!"[13] LaVey sought to cement his belief system within the secularist world-view that derived from natural science, thus providing him with an anti-theistic basis with which to criticize Christianity and other supernaturalist beliefs.[14] He legitimized his religion by highlighting what he claimed was its rational nature, contrasting this with what he saw as the supernaturalist irrationality of established religions.

So no sacrificing babies, black cockerels or nubile virgins.

Perchance Manson is like Gilfoyle from the hilarious series Silicon Valley who in one scene describes himself as a "LaVayan Satanist with theistic tendencies"!

I do not agree with the burning of any books but at least one Christian [a Southern Baptist former preacher Mr Bob Old] has burned the Qur'an. Does that make Mr Old equally "Satanic"?

From the little I know of Kanye West [Ye] he strikes me as somewhat disturbed which is probably not surprising given his history.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            The things that you're liable
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life
            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

sunday_service_donda-west.jpg

Who is Marilyn Manson?

FWIU, most of Manson's persona is an act. He arose during the era of "shock rock" and was one of its most successful participants. He claimed to be a mininster in the Church of Satan at one time but they denied any connection. The last I heard (a decade ago at least) he claimed that he had found Satanism attractive because of his rebellious nature but has said he was moving back to Christianity.

His appearance with Kayne has caused some to wonder whether he continued with that move and if due to abuse allegations and waning popularity he is seeking a new purpose in life -- or just trying to "reinvent" himself.

In any case, I have always enjoyed his song "Beautiful People." It can only be described as a sort of oxymoron -- delightfully disturbing,

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Who knows? God has converted some really terrible people before. Like Paul. I think this is where we have to look at what they do and not what they claim. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Who knows? God has converted some really terrible people before. Like Paul. I think this is where we have to look at what they do and not what they claim. Time will tell.
                  As I said earlier in this thread, if his conversion was real he would have not immediately gone into a pulpit, except perhaps when invited to share his testimony, but should have placed himself in a position of learning from other Godly men first.

His so-called conversation was when, a year ago? If I recall, he immediately started going around and preaching in pulpits. And he should have put aside his old ways, which I don’t think has happened. Money and fame are still his gods. His fruit should have been apparent almost immediately.

Even Paul had to go and be taught for several years before he began to preach, and he didn’t keep persecuting believers in the meantime.

Comment

I'm always suspicious of "celebrity coverts" who turn their new found faith into a new source of fame.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It just looks weird, too - the all-white robes make it look like some kind of cult.

Comment

It just looks weird, too - the all-white robes make it look like some kind of cult.
                        Yup.

Kanye has always been a weirdo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Yup.

Kanye has always been a weirdo.
                          No arguing with that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            No arguing with that.
                            Didn't you claim he was your kind of people?

Comment

Didn't you claim he was your kind of people?

I'm probably more among the beautiful people smiley dirtyflirt.gif

Comment