Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Judged by the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judged by the World

I recently had an online atheist (or, at least, a "former" Christian) judge me as not being a good representative of Christianity. Such irony is, of course, lost on the source.

I instantly thought of the recent news article where Pope Francis allegedly calls Biden - who is a supporter of abortion - a "good Catholic". Sadly amusing.

pope.jpg

Usually when non-Christians accuse us of not being sufficiently "Christian", it's often because they're upset that we're not doing our best impersonation of a doormat and letting them walk all over us. They really don't care if we're good Christians or not, they just want to emotionally manipulate us into if not agreeing with them then at least not putting up any meaningful resistance.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Usually when non-Christians accuse us of not being sufficiently "Christian", it's often because they're upset that we're not doing our best impersonation of a doormat and letting them walk all over us. They really don't care if we're good Christians or not, they just want to emotionally manipulate us into if not agreeing with them then at least not putting up any meaningful resistance.
      No disagreement there. In fact, I see the same attitude from Leftists in Washington. When they call for bipartisanship and cooperation, they expect the doormats to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

No disagreement there. In fact, I see the same attitude from Leftists in Washington. When they call for bipartisanship and cooperation, they expect the doormats to respond.
        When Democrats say "bipartisanship", what they really mean is "You agree with us to do it our way."
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I recently had an online atheist (or, at least, a "former" Christian) judge me as not being a good representative of Christianity. Such irony is, of course, lost on the source.

I instantly thought of the recent news article where Pope Francis allegedly calls Biden - who is a supporter of abortion - a "good Catholic". Sadly amusing.

pope.jpg
          That's Dr Jill in that picture, yes? She looks nervous... like, PLEASE Joe, don't say anything stupid!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

When Democrats say "bipartisanship", what they really mean is "You agree with us to do it our way."
            And if you don't then YOU are being very partisan!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That's Dr Jill in that picture, yes? She looks nervous... like, PLEASE Joe, don't say anything stupid!
              I guess he didn't have to. "Unnamed" Vatican source(s) are claiming he had an accident in his pants. Although I'm sure that can happen to anyone 80 and over.

I never did hear what was wrong with Bush Sr. when he threw up in the Japanese Prime Minister's lap. I would think he just had the stomach flu, but he passed out as well.

Comment

I guess he didn't have to. "Unnamed" Vatican source(s) are claiming he had an accident in his pants. Although I'm sure that can happen to anyone 80 and over.

I never did hear what was wrong with Bush Sr. when he threw up in the Japanese Prime Minister's lap. I would think he just had the stomach flu, but he passed out as well.
                As I recall, Bush, on the floor, told his physician "just roll me under the table til after dinner". Still had a sense of humor.

But Barbara delivered his speech, and was OH so charming -- I've been at a couple of events where she was the speaker, and she is HILARIOUS, and classy at the same time.

Comment