Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Legit Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legit Christianity

What would you do?

2021-10-13_09-34-27.jpg

A couple years ago, I finally gave in and got an insta, cause the kids kept bugging me. (If ya know my first and last, you'll figure it out, but be prepared for way too many baking pics.) But they never give up, so yeah, I got a TikTok, too. This one showed up in my FYP this morning, and I thought of y'all.

Great answer!

As long as they came to worship and weren't trying to be disruptive I say "Welcome sisters!"

Now the fact that they themselves use the term "invade" makes me wonder what their purpose really was, but again, if they came to join in the worshipping of our Lord...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Great answer!

As long as they came to worship and weren't trying to be disruptive I say "Welcome sisters!"

Now the fact that they themselves use the term "invade" makes me wonder what their purpose really was, but again, if they came to join in the worshipping of our Lord...
      Yeah.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Great answer!
        Sparkly filters and all!

Ya may remember a few years back when I was invited then disinvited to an Easter play at church featuring the marine's kid. I don't think the girls need to be there to worship. It's enough that they're there to see what's up, or should be, to my way of thinking. Even if they might've been thinking of being disruptive, getting greeted by that guy? It takes two to tangle, and it's hard to lash out from inside a happy bear hug, ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Even if they might've been thinking of being disruptive, getting greeted by that guy? It takes two to tangle, and it's hard to lash out from inside a happy bear hug, ya know?
          Yeah, he could definitely be disarming although that bear hug would likely result in sexual assault charges these days

And it really doesn't take two to "tangle" [tango]. Over the years various churches have had to deal with people barging in during the middle of service loudly swearing and engaging in a wide variety of acts ranging from vandalism to having sex.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, he could definitely be disarming although that bear hug would likely result in sexual assault charges these days

And it really doesn't take two to "tangle" [tango]. Over the years various churches have had to deal with people barging in during the middle of service loudly swearing and engaging in a wide variety of acts ranging from vandalism to having sex.
            Yes, the young gay man who testified on our behalf at the Texas Senate was doing so because he said people in his 'community' were planning to "invade" churches for the purpose of being denied same sex weddings or whatever, so they can sue.

It's a crazy world in which we live.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, he could definitely be disarming ...
              Ya couda stopped there, ya know.

... although that bear hug would likely result in sexual assault charges these days
              Happy bear hugs don't have to be physical.

And it really doesn't take two to "tangle" [tango].
              I don't brag about bending idioms to my will, and you don't break 'em by correction.

Tango, in church?

Don't let the preacher hear ya say that.

Over the years various churches have had to deal with people barging in during the middle of service loudly swearing and engaging in a wide variety of acts ranging from vandalism to having sex.
              I'm pretty sure I could wreck any make-out session with just my words. And loud swearing? What do you expect when someone greets ya with a "Praise Jesus, here's yer snake!"

... yup, that was a skunk climbing down the woodfall next to the berm ...

Sorry, got distracted for a sec. Too fast for a pic!

Now where was I?

Yeah, but think about it, if you're concentrating on guarding against vandals, or disruptors you can't stop, and greeting folks coming in the door with suspicion, that's not legit Christianity, not in my book, anyway. Back in my brightly-colored mohawk days, strolling in holding hands with a couple girlfriends, I regularly disarmed waitstaff with kind words and a smile. If a godless heathen can do it, you can too, leastwise that's the way I see it.

Perfect hair, maybe not so much.

Comment

Ya couda stopped there, ya know.

Happy bear hugs don't have to be physical.
                Air bear hugs?

Kinda by their nature they are physical.

I don't brag about bending idioms to my will, and you don't break 'em by correction.

You haven't even heard my terms

Tango, in church?

Don't let the preacher hear ya say that.
                I risked excommunication for that and all I get back from you is static.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I'm pretty sure I could wreck any make-out session with just my words.
                I don't think dousing romantic inclinations would work since it is pretty clear that romance had nothing to do with it. At our age I suggest going up to them and getting someone to pull your finger. I've heard rumors that's how you clear out a classroom at the end of the semester.

In any case, I seriously doubt any that have done that were allowed to proceed unchecked -- unless you're talking about a 10 second wonder who was done just as folks started to react.

And loud swearing? What do you expect when someone greets ya with a "Praise Jesus, here's yer snake!"
                The proper response is to politely decline and inform the person that you brought your own.

yup, that was a skunk climbing down the woodfall next to the berm ...

Sorry, got distracted for a sec. Too fast for a pic!

Now where was I?

Yeah, but think about it, if you're concentrating on guarding against vandals, or disruptors you can't stop, and greeting folks coming in the door with suspicion, that's not legit Christianity, not in my book, anyway. Back in my brightly-colored mohawk days, strolling in holding hands with a couple girlfriends, I regularly disarmed waitstaff with kind words and a smile. If a godless heathen can do it, you can too, leastwise that's the way I see it.
                I think you may have just done battle with a straw man there. Go back and read my post. There's nothing about "concentrating on guarding against vandals, or disruptors you can't stop, and greeting folks coming in the door with suspicion."

My response is "Welcome sisters!" Now if they do something to make themselves not welcome -- like being intentionally disruptive -- that would change. But until that happened -- IF it ever did -- then they are welcome.

That they choose to call going to church "invading" it is perplexing and may speak as to intent. But then again, it may not. They could be looking at it as to how they think the church members would perceive it. In the end I would still welcome them in that I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I've even been called "gullible" as a result. Those that truly know me would likely do synchronized spit takes upon hearing that.

Perfect hair, maybe not so much.
                Speaking of which... your last check bounced. You know. The monthly payment for keeping those pictures from 2002 when the wind mussed your hair out of sight. I suggest you take care of that by the end of this week.

See? Giving the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

I risked excommunication for that and all I get back from you is static.
                  Cow Poke'll never hear it from me. Mums the word. Trust me on this.

Comment

That they choose to call going to church "invading" it is perplexing and may speak as to intent. But then again, it may not. They could be looking at it as to how they think the church members would perceive it. In the end I would still welcome them in that I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I've even been called "gullible" as a result. Those that truly know me would likely do synchronized spit takes upon hearing that.
                    Spare us the modesty. There are lots more reasons why folks tend to call you gullible.

Young folks do and say a lot of things looking for a reaction, or just testing the boundaries

2021-10-13_11-37-13.jpg

"Invade" was unquestionably provocative, which is what made the TikTok reaction video so remarkable, with or without the sparkly filter. Being naturally skeptical, I'm assuming those kids are probably Christian, dolled up for the attention. And ... bingo, I'm right.

2021-10-13_11-44-12.jpg

Even a staged play can make a statement, though. Welcoming is better than not welcoming.

Comment

Spare us the modesty. There are lots more reasons why folks tend to call you gullible.
                      Can I be blamed for agreeing with all the wimmenfolk who keep saying that I'm suave, debonair and devastatingly handsome? That's not gullible but conceding something that is true, is true smiley flirt2.gif

Comment

We already have a pirate, a rogue, a cow poke, a trout, a cat, a brony and some rose bush. What's one more emo?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          We already have a pirate, a rogue, a cow poke, a trout, a cat, a brony and some rose bush. What's one more emo?
                          An invasion.

*ba-dum-tish*

Comment

An invasion.

*ba-dum-tish*
                            Even Jerk™'s are welcome here.

Comment

An invasion.

bad-joke-badumtss.gif
                              FIFY n/c

You're welcome.

Comment