Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Agnostics: Which Religion Would You Choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agnostics: Which Religion Would You Choose?

If push came to shove, which religion would you choose? Which would be most attractive to you and why?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

If it was just a matter of picking one because you had to list something, I'd think most people would tend toward those that promised them the most.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Would you choose a religion if push came to shove?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        If it was just a matter of picking one because you had to list something, I'd think most people would tend toward those that promised them the most.
        For instance, I was attracted to Islam - a real man's religion, a fighting religion.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
          Would you choose a religion if push came to shove?
          Or we could ask, which religion would appeal to you.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

For instance, I was attracted to Islam - a real man's religion, a fighting religion.
            I can see that. That's really interesting. I got to know a Sufi scholar years ago that I eventually did a study with. That's quite an attractive religion, or rather Muslim denomination.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              If push came to shove, which religion would you choose? Which would be most attractive to you and why?
              Since Deism is not a religion I can play at this 'choose a religion' game.
              I would choose Buddhism because it is possible for a Deist to also be a Buddhist.
              Seeking contentment through enlightenment within nothingness and nowhereness whilst still in a material life within community.
              That could take lifetimes.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Another option is picking the one that expects the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

can'tdisagree.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

So basically atheism.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

So basically atheism.
                      If atheism were a religion...

I was thinking more along the lines of Buddhism or U.U.

Comment