Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christianity, Atheism, and the Problem of Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You are doing that nit-picking thing again, where you know what people mean and you couldn't care less about the answers to your questions. You are merely asking them to derail the thread because you have realized that you are wrong or don't actually understand the topic. You seem to do this to hide your ignorance.
    Then please feel free to ignore what I post.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

So which form of logic are you using in these discussions - be specific please.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

The laws I listed are true and would be true no matter what because they can not be otherwise.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm speaking of universal laws.

I don't mean to be harsh but you need to put up or shut up - which form of logic are you using in these discussions - be specific please.
        You need to define your use of the word "true" and in what specific context you are employing it.

Again you need to define precisely what these universal laws are, and what you understand by them.

"It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

What exactly do you mean by "please?" and "ignore?"

Please define each word in your sentence for me and explain the context.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            It's obvious when you've been knocked back on your heels in a debate because you try to divert the conversation into minutia. It's one of your most consistent "tells".
            Why limit it to "when you've been knocked back on your heels"? I mean, yeah, especially then, but...

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What exactly do you mean by "please?" and "ignore?"

Please define each word in your sentence for me and explain the context.
              It is a polite suggestion. However, I think I will take my own advice and ignore you.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

It is a polite suggestion. However, I think I will take my own advice and ignore you.
                Strange. You don't seem to like it when people treat your posts like you treat theirs.

Comment

Such statements always manage to come back to bite the person who made them.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You need to define your use of the word "true" and in what specific context you are employing it.

Again you need to define precisely what these universal laws are, and what you understand by them.
                    What is true is that which tracks with reality. Or self-evident. And I already listed the laws, if you don't understand them that is on you. I mean the law of non-contradiction is not that difficult. So I will ask AGAIN - which form of logic are you using in these discussions - be specific please.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

You know perfectly well what those terms mean.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Why do you guys even play along with her nonsense? She does this every time she finds herself losing an argument. It means you won.

Comment

I know there are different definitions for each of those terms along with various philosophical interpretations and questions pertaining to "true" and truth.. However, I have no idea which precise definition for either is being employed here.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I know there are different definitions for each of those terms along with various philosophical interpretations and questions pertaining to "true" and truth.. However, I have no idea which precise definition for either is being employed here.
                            Are you sure you don't have something like Asperger's? Trollberger's perhaps?

Comment

Why do you guys even play along with her nonsense? She does this every time she finds herself losing an argument. It means you won.
                              That's why I'm just laughing at her at this point.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I gave you a definition of truth/true. But I will ask AGAIN - which form of logic are you using in these discussions - be specific please.

Comment