Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Richard Dawkins stripped of 1996 Humanist of the Year Award...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's a case of "we are FAR more inclusive and tolerant than you, and we will absolutely not tolerate your exclusivity, however WE define it!"
    We hate people who hate.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    It's a case of "we are FAR more inclusive and tolerant than you, and we will absolutely not tolerate your exclusivity, however WE define it!"

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Machinist View Post
    People have the freedom to identify as they choose, and I believe it is a right...maybe even an inherent right. But don't get mad at me if I get thrown off by that brawny jawline and refer to you as "he".
    People have a right to identify as they choose.

Other people have the right to decide for themselves whether or not to accept your self-designation.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    This appears to be another example of what is increasingly becoming progressive fascism. Disagree with us [whoever "us" happens to be] at your peril over issues surrounding the trans community. Such attitudes manifest the traits of a religious cult.
    J.K. Rowling sure found out about that the hard way.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    ...for questioning transgenderism.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...-trans-tweets/

Suddenly Richard Dawkins is going to be "so 2005".
    He's gotten himself in trouble with the SJWs several times in recent years. It was only a matter of time before they cancelled him.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    This appears to be another example of what is increasingly becoming progressive fascism. Disagree with us [whoever "us" happens to be] at your peril over issues surrounding the trans community. Such attitudes manifest the traits of a religious cult.

Leave a comment:

• Machinist
    replied
    People have the freedom to identify as they choose, and I believe it is a right...maybe even an inherent right. But don't get mad at me if I get thrown off by that brawny jawline and refer to you as "he".

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by siam View Post
    Philosophically, do humans have a "right to identity"?...If so, is this a right acquired from the Nation-State or is it inherent (a right because we are human)?
    They have the freedom to do so. And we have the freedom to disagree. A man who claims to be a woman is not. We all have the right of freedom of speech and conscience.

Leave a comment:

• siam
    replied
    Philosophically, do humans have a "right to identity"?...If so, is this a right acquired from the Nation-State or is it inherent (a right because we are human)?

Leave a comment:

• Richard Dawkins stripped of 1996 Humanist of the Year Award...

...for questioning transgenderism.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...-trans-tweets/

Suddenly Richard Dawkins is going to be "so 2005".