Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Richard Dawkins stripped of 1996 Humanist of the Year Award...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Dawkins stripped of 1996 Humanist of the Year Award...

...for questioning transgenderism.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...-trans-tweets/

Suddenly Richard Dawkins is going to be "so 2005".
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Philosophically, do humans have a "right to identity"?...If so, is this a right acquired from the Nation-State or is it inherent (a right because we are human)?

Comment

Originally posted by siam View Post
      Philosophically, do humans have a "right to identity"?...If so, is this a right acquired from the Nation-State or is it inherent (a right because we are human)?
      They have the freedom to do so. And we have the freedom to disagree. A man who claims to be a woman is not. We all have the right of freedom of speech and conscience.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

People have the freedom to identify as they choose, and I believe it is a right...maybe even an inherent right. But don't get mad at me if I get thrown off by that brawny jawline and refer to you as "he".

Comment

This appears to be another example of what is increasingly becoming progressive fascism. Disagree with us [whoever "us" happens to be] at your peril over issues surrounding the trans community. Such attitudes manifest the traits of a religious cult.

"It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

He's gotten himself in trouble with the SJWs several times in recent years. It was only a matter of time before they cancelled him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
              This appears to be another example of what is increasingly becoming progressive fascism. Disagree with us [whoever "us" happens to be] at your peril over issues surrounding the trans community. Such attitudes manifest the traits of a religious cult.
              J.K. Rowling sure found out about that the hard way.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                People have the freedom to identify as they choose, and I believe it is a right...maybe even an inherent right. But don't get mad at me if I get thrown off by that brawny jawline and refer to you as "he".
                People have a right to identify as they choose.

Other people have the right to decide for themselves whether or not to accept your self-designation.

Comment

It's a case of "we are FAR more inclusive and tolerant than you, and we will absolutely not tolerate your exclusivity, however WE define it!"
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    It's a case of "we are FAR more inclusive and tolerant than you, and we will absolutely not tolerate your exclusivity, however WE define it!"
                    We hate people who hate.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Ironically they proved his tweet true.

dawkins.jpg

They vilified him for it.

I hate to agree with Dawkins on anything because he is such a prig, but his tweet was spot on.

I also was saddened to see him try to back off his comments and apologize to these woke bullies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I also was saddened to see him try to back off his comments and apologize to these woke bullies.
                        Has that ever worked?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Has that ever worked?
                          Nope. Because "forgiveness" is not in the cancel culture's vocabulary.

If I were him, I would go on tiktok or twitter, and publicly destroy his "Humanitarian Award" and show them what he thinks of their wokenated removal of it. Maybe piss on it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            We hate people who hate.
                            Or we hate people who don't hate the same stuff WE hate!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                              A bunch of people castigating someone for forsaking science in favor of personal prejudice isn't fascism or a cult, it's the normal course of cultural development. Fascism would be codifying that prejudice for the sake of harming those whom one is prejudiced against. A cult would be believing in common falsehoods easily proven wrong by the most basic study.

Comment