Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you


This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.


Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Richard Dawkins stripped of 1996 Humanist of the Year Award...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I've seen one that had the sinks in the middle sort of like one of those kitchen island designs and the stalls for men on one side and the stalls for women on the other, but all in one room.

    The woman I knew who works there said she either holds it or goes to the building next door.
    If there are private cubicles I fail to see the issue. It's not anyone is doing something no one else has to do.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

    Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

      If there are private cubicles I fail to see the issue. It's not anyone is doing something no one else has to do.
      Should read "It's not as if anyone is doing something no one else has to do".
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

      Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

        Should read "It's not as if anyone is doing something no one else has to do".
        I'm not sure just how "private" stalls are in Europe but over here they've got significant gaps.

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by seer View Post

          I said nothing about being unacceptable as fellow human beings - of course they are, as they are all created in the image of God...
          Well, you certainly made a big deal out of human beings who don't fit the norm as being abnormal - using "abnormal" as a pejorative.. Why is that?
          Last edited by Tassman; 04-26-2021, 11:26 PM.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Histrionics aside, your mention of those with albinism does raise an interesting point. Given that they are sensitive to bright light, often requiring sunglasses and lots of sun screen just to go outdoors, shouldn't we be mandating that all windows be replaced with tinted glass in order to accommodate them?
            "Histrionics"? Look to yourself.

            What we should be doing as a caring, society is "mandating" whatever is necessary to ensure maximum possible "accommodations" for ALL citizens - including people with albinism
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I'm not sure just how "private" stalls are in Europe but over here they've got significant gaps.
              More often than not public bathrooms here have cubicles that run floor to ceiling with masonry walls. When you go into the cubicle and lock the door you are, effectively, in a small locked room.

              However, I have been in unisex bathrooms [in bars and restaurants] in other countries where the cubicles have had board partition walls that do not reach to ceiling or floor and no one seemed overly bothered. Perchance it is a US or anglophone issue.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

              Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Tassman View Post

                "Histrionics"? Look to yourself.

                What we should be doing as a caring, society is "mandating" whatever is necessary to ensure maximum possible "accommodations" for ALL citizens - including people with albinism
                So when will you be replacing all the windows in the place you live with tinted windows so that if someone with albinism happens to come over they have been accommodated? Failure to do so on your part means that you are full of it when you say that you want society to do "whatever is necessary to ensure maximum possible 'accommodations' for ALL citizens."

                Also, I think that we should also be required to change all those %#&$$ bathtubs that are too small for us folks who are five foot sixteen inches tall or taller so we aren't resting our chin on our knees when we bathe.

                And every doorway needs to be altered to accommodate really tall folks like basketball players. Why should they risk smacking their head every time they enter or exit a room? Or be forced to subjugate themselves by bowing as they enter -- especially a tall black person having to bow to a group of whites as he enters?

                And what about those top shelves in the kitchen? Shorter folks have to get a stool or climb on the counter to get stuff out of them. All kitchens should henceforth be required to lower their shelves by at least two feet. And the same with stores. No shelves more than five feet above the floor.

                Next we can mandate that all printed material be embedded with a chip that will read the text out loud so that blind people and those suffering from dyslexia can enjoy the material as well.

                And this is not even scratching the surface of "'mandating' whatever is necessary to ensure maximum possible 'accommodations' for ALL citizens.

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #83
                  For what it's worth, in a discussion this weekend regarding Kaitlin Jenners consideration to run for California Governor, I unconsciously referred to this individual, within this conversation, as "she" and "her".

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    image_45352 (1).gifimage_45352 (1).gif

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by machinist View Post
                      image_45352 (1).gif

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        A 3rd Wave?

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                          A 3rd Wave?
                          Or maybe the third string. Instead of "Death" it's his cousin "Sick in bed for two days." And instead of "Pestilence" it's his typically out-of-work brother-in-law "mild rash."

                          I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

                            Or maybe the third string. Instead of "Death" it's his cousin "Sick in bed for two days." And instead of "Pestilence" it's his typically out-of-work brother-in-law "mild rash."
                            Does the Book of Revelation allow for that?

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Machinist View Post

                              Does the Book of Revelation allow for that?
                              They're not doing anything official. Just "mapping the terrain" so to speak before it all happens.

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                So when will you be replacing all the windows in the place you live with tinted windows so that if someone with albinism happens to come over they have been accommodated? Failure to do so on your part means that you are full of it when you say that you want society to do "whatever is necessary to ensure maximum possible 'accommodations' for ALL citizens."

                                Also, I think that we should also be required to change all those %#&$$ bathtubs that are too small for us folks who are five foot sixteen inches tall or taller so we aren't resting our chin on our knees when we bathe.

                                And every doorway needs to be altered to accommodate really tall folks like basketball players. Why should they risk smacking their head every time they enter or exit a room? Or be forced to subjugate themselves by bowing as they enter -- especially a tall black person having to bow to a group of whites as he enters?

                                And what about those top shelves in the kitchen? Shorter folks have to get a stool or climb on the counter to get stuff out of them. All kitchens should henceforth be required to lower their shelves by at least two feet. And the same with stores. No shelves more than five feet above the floor.

                                Next we can mandate that all printed material be embedded with a chip that will read the text out loud so that blind people and those suffering from dyslexia can enjoy the material as well.

                                And this is not even scratching the surface of "'mandating' whatever is necessary to ensure maximum possible 'accommodations' for ALL citizens.
                                Does your mockery and sarcasm indicate that society should NOT mandate whatever is practical and reasonable to ensure the comfort and welfare of ALL citizens – including the likes of albinos and LGBT people.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by tabibito, 09-14-2021, 05:15 AM
                                23 responses
                                176 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tabibito  
                                Started by seer, 08-30-2021, 09:03 AM
                                270 responses
                                1,444 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post eider
                                by eider
                                 
                                Started by seer, 08-30-2021, 07:35 AM
                                1 response
                                26 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post eider
                                by eider
                                 
                                Started by seer, 08-28-2021, 05:41 PM
                                10 responses
                                81 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Stoic
                                by Stoic
                                 
                                Started by MehdiR, 08-25-2021, 01:44 PM
                                9 responses
                                123 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bill the Cat  
                                Working...
                                X