Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Which Theologian are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Scored as Anselm

Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period.He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Eh, I got Karl Barth. I suppose he's closest, but I'm more "none of the above." Not a very good quiz, since it utterly ignores the East. Augustine (at least) is also skewed toward a Protestant interpretation of his teachings.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Eh, I got Karl Barth. I suppose he's closest, but I'm more "none of the above." Not a very good quiz, since it utterly ignores the East. Augustine (at least) is also skewed toward a Protestant interpretation of his teachings.
        I used to purposely pronounce the "th" in Barth in one of my classes, because that professor made the mistake of revealing how much he was annoyed by that. (I wouldn't have done that in Hebrew or Greek, or any other "challenging" class, so it must have been in my "Teachings of Jesus" class)

(just before I hit "post" I noticed I said Garth instead of Barth )
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If the questions were different, the score could very well be different.

You Scored as Karl Barth

The daddy of 20th Century theology. You perceive liberal theology to be a disaster and so you insist that the revelation of Christ, not human experience, should be the starting point for all theology.

Karl Barth
          100%
          Martin Luther
          100%
          John Calvin
          87%
          Paul Tillich
          67%
          Friedrich Schleiermacher
          60%
          Jonathan Edwards
          53%
          Anselm
          47%
          Charles Finney
          33%
          Augustine
          20%
          Jürgen Moltmann
          13%
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Agreed; it's egregious to completely ignore the East.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

What? There's an EAST?

Comment

CP, yeah, I think I've heard of an East, I think it's on the otherside of West Virginia.
                Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Anselm
                  100%
                  Martin Luther
                  80%
                  Jonathan Edwards
                  67%
                  Jürgen Moltmann
                  53%
                  Augustine
                  47%
                  Friedrich Schleiermacher
                  33%
                  John Calvin
                  33%
                  Charles Finney
                  33%
                  Karl Barth
                  27%
                  Paul Tillich
                  20%

What does this say about me? I had no idea I would relate to Martin Luther... Lol.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X