Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

God's Love and Allowing Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

The born-again prevailed. Read Hebrews 11.
    Only those who eat and drink from Christ and are fruitful with faith are born again. Those who ate and drank from Christ, saw the great things God did through Christ, but did not bear fruit, perished. Meaning they were ministered by the Holy Spirit, yet they were not saved:

Gal 3:5So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

1 Cor 10:1For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; 2and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3and all ate the same spiritual food; 4and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ. 5Nevertheless, with most of them God was not well-pleased; for they were laid low in the wilderness.

Heb 4:2And indeed we are those having had the gospel preached just as they did; but the message of their hearing did not profit them, not having been united with the faith of those having heard.

Numbers 14:21“Yet as surely as I live and as surely as the whole earth is filled with the glory of the LORD, 22not one of the men who have seen My glory and the signs I performed in Egypt and in the wilderness—yet have tested Me and disobeyed Me these ten times— 23not one will ever see the land that I swore to give their fathers. None of those who have treated Me with contempt will see it.

24But because My servant Caleb has a different spirit and has followed Me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he has entered, and his descendants will inherit it.

John 3:1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs You are doing if God were not with him.”

3Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.a

Matt 11:21Woe
    to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Luke 13:7"And he said to the vineyard-keeper, 'Behold, for three years I have come looking for fruit on this fig tree without finding any. Cut it down! Why does it even use up the ground?'

Hebrews 6:4For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. 7For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

These were people who heard the Gospel and claimed they believed God could be trusted to help them enter the Kingdom, defeating the ones who would not let them enter. Because they spoke their belief with their lips they were ministered to by the Holy Spirit. But they did not bear the fruit of faith, did not get a new courage, like Caleb, did not get born again, so they ran away when they were tested.

So don't tell me they did not receive the Spirit before the time they were required to have changed, been born again.
    Last edited by footwasher; 12-29-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by footwasher View Post

Only those who eat and drink from Christ and are fruitful with faith are born again. Those who ate and drank from Christ, saw the great things God did through Christ, but did not bear fruit, perished. Meaning they were ministered by the Holy Spirit, yet they were not saved:

Gal 3:5So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

1 Cor 10:1For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; 2and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3and all ate the same spiritual food; 4and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ. 5Nevertheless, with most of them God was not well-pleased; for they were laid low in the wilderness.

Heb 4:2And indeed we are those having had the gospel preached just as they did; but the message of their hearing did not profit them, not having been united with the faith of those having heard.

Numbers 14:21“Yet as surely as I live and as surely as the whole earth is filled with the glory of the LORD, 22not one of the men who have seen My glory and the signs I performed in Egypt and in the wilderness—yet have tested Me and disobeyed Me these ten times— 23not one will ever see the land that I swore to give their fathers. None of those who have treated Me with contempt will see it.

24But because My servant Caleb has a different spirit and has followed Me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he has entered, and his descendants will inherit it.

John 3:1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs You are doing if God were not with him.”

3Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.a

Matt 11:21Woe
      to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Luke 13:7"And he said to the vineyard-keeper, 'Behold, for three years I have come looking for fruit on this fig tree without finding any. Cut it down! Why does it even use up the ground?'

Hebrews 6:4For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. 7For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

Faith is a fruit of the Spirit. Therefore all listed in Hebrews 11 were born again as evidenced by their faith.

Comment

Saving faith consists of believing God saved you. You cannot have saving faith if you think you can be lost.
        No the text says they did not profit from the ministering of the Holy Spirit, which is meant to help in bearing the fruit of courage, faith. Did not benefit from the rain, did not benefit from the nourishing ground, from the drinking from the Rock. Towards making yourself benefit, by bearing fruit. Like Caleb. Caleb cooperated, the others did not. So faith depends on the individual. Both were treated equally by God, fed equally, there is no Scripture which says Caleb got special treatment, so it shows bearing the fruit of faith depends on the individual. It seems you are blind to Scripture.

Comment

Faith is a fruit of the Spirit. Therefore all listed in Hebrews 11 were born again as evidenced by their faith.
          Fruit which depends on the individual changing, like Caleb, who profited from the ministering of the Holy Spirit. The others were equally fed, but refused to change, be born again.

Comment

No the text says they did not profit from the ministering of the Holy Spirit, which is meant to help in bearing the fruit of courage, faith. Did not benefit from the rain, did not benefit from the nourishing ground, from the drinking from the Rock. Towards making yourself benefit, by bearing fruit. Like Caleb. Caleb cooperated, the others did not. So faith depends on the individual. Both were treated equally by God, fed equally, there is no Scripture which says Caleb got special treatment, so it shows bearing the fruit of faith depends on the individual. It seems you are blind to Scripture.
            Have you experienced this? “And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.” Deuteronomy 30:6 (KJV 1900)

Notice it is God, not you who performs this.

Comment

Have you experienced this? “And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.” Deuteronomy 30:6 (KJV 1900)

Notice it is God, not you who performs this.
              I notice that you change the subject everytime you are not able to win an argument. If you are confident in your faith you will not run away. Will you remain within the topic and defend your truths from now?

Let's stick with your claim that God circumcised the hearts only of the elect.

Will you agree that God ministered to ALL the Israelites?

Comment

I notice that you change the subject everytime you are not able to win an argument. If you are confident in your faith you will not run away. Will you remain within the topic and defend your truths from now?

Let's stick with your claim that God circumcised the hearts only of the elect.

Will you agree that God ministered to ALL the Israelites?
                He removed the unbelievers from Israel leaving only believers in Christ. Can you shelve the insults? And have a good discussion?

“Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet [Christ]. You must obey him in everything.. Every person who does not obey that prophet will be destroyed and thus removed from the people [Israel].’” Ac 3:22–23

Comment

He removed the unbelievers from Israel leaving only believers in Christ. Can you shelve the insults? And have a good discussion?

“Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet [Christ]. You must obey him in everything.. Every person who does not obey that prophet will be destroyed and thus removed from the people [Israel].’” Ac 3:22–23
                  Can you stop running away? This is not an insult. In the first place, you are holding yourself back from having a good discussion by doing this. So this is good advice.

Second, you are not being blessed. Don't you want to be a blessing to the world?

God made problems, made people sick, made things difficult to understand, prepared good works for you to do, in advance, so that you may walk in them:

Isaiah 45:7Iform the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

He created a state, a Rest, a Promised Land, a Kingdom, which if you entered, you would be empowered to solve these problems. People would be amazed as you healed physical problems, opened up difficult Scripture.

John 9:1As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. 2And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” 3Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

They would know you were in the Kingdom, that God was with you, helping ​​you.

Joshua 2:8Now before they lay down, she came up to them on the roof,9and said to the men, “I know that the LORD has given you the land, and that the terror of you has fallen on us, and that all the inhabitants of the land have melted away before you.10“For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea before you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to the two kings of the Amorites who were beyond the Jordan, to Sihon and Og, whom you utterly destroyed.
                  11“When we heard it,our hearts melted and no courage remained in any man any longer because of you; for the LORD your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath.

They would want to have this life. They would turn to you to ask how you got this life, how you entered the Kingdom.

John 3:1Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; 2this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” 3Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

And you would do this everyday, do difficult things, pick up crosses, and be helped by God, and when He raises you up from the earth, you would gather His sheep back to Him, draw His children to Him and earn treasure which does not perish:

John 12:"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

C'mon Dave, upgrade from that kiddy stuff. It doesn't work, will get you nowhere.

Don't run away.

Will you agree God fed ALL the Israelites?
                  Last edited by footwasher; 12-29-2020, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Can you stop running away? This is not an insult. In the first place, you are holding yourself back from having a good discussion by doing this. So this is good advice.

Second, you are not being blessed. Don't you want to be a blessing to the world?

God made problems, made people sick, made things difficult to understand, prepared good works for you to do, in advance, so that you may walk in them:

Isaiah 45:7Iform the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

He created a state, a Rest, a Promised Land, a Kingdom, which if you entered, you would be empowered to solve these problems. People would be amazed as you healed physical problems, opened up difficult Scripture.

John 9:1As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. 2And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” 3Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

They would know you were in the Kingdom, that God was with you, helping ​​you.

Joshua 2:8Now before they lay down, she came up to them on the roof,9and said to the men, “I know that the LORD has given you the land, and that the terror of you has fallen on us, and that all the inhabitants of the land have melted away before you.10“For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea before you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to the two kings of the Amorites who were beyond the Jordan, to Sihon and Og, whom you utterly destroyed.
                    11“When we heard it,our hearts melted and no courage remained in any man any longer because of you; for the LORD your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath.

They would want to have this life. They would turn to you to ask how you got this life, how you entered the Kingdom.

John 3:1Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; 2this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” 3Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

And you would do this everyday, do difficult things, pick up crosses, and be helped by God, and when He raises you up from the earth, you would gather His sheep back to Him, draw His children to Him and earn treasure which does not perish:

John 12:"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

C'mon Dave, upgrade from that kiddy stuff. It doesn't work, will get you nowhere.

Don't run away.

Will you agree God fed ALL the Israelites?
                    I've been insulted enough on "Christian" forums to know better. Most of it comes from a lack of bible knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave L View Post

I've been insulted enough on "Christian" forums to know better. Most of it comes from a lack of bible knowledge.
                      www3.dbu.edu › naugle › pdfPDF
                      Fallacies of Relevance - Dallas Baptist University

II. Red Herring (Diverting the Issue)

A. Definition

This second device for changing the subject is less sneaky: it just does it! This fallacy is closely related to both missing the point and the straw man. The red herring fallacy is committed when you divert the attention of the reader/listener by addressing a number of extraneous issues unrelated to the subject at hand, and then assume that the issue has been addressed, and conclusion established. Often times, a joke or a story, one that is even superficially related to the subject, does the trick quite nicely!

The arguer ignores the opponent's question or argument, and subtly changes the subject. The question is: has the hearer misinterpreted something, or simply changed the subject deliberately. Red herring arguments are especially difficult to discern in long, protracted discourses, and so close attention must be paid to the line of thought expressed. This could be called the Politician's Fallacy, because they often change the subject entirely when a difficult issue or question is addressed to them and they don't know how or what to answer.

The name red herring comes from a procedure used to train hunting dogs to follow a scent. A red herring or bag of them (they are known for their potent smell) is dragged across the trail with the intent to mislead the dogs on the quest for the game being pursued

(e.g., a fox).

B. Examples

1. Minority pressure groups have argued that the Beta General

Corporation should employ a larger number of minority workers.

But Beta General already has plenty of minority workers. The

problem is that minority pressure groups have too much power.

Soon they will take over the country. They think Beta General has a

negative view of minorities, but that's not true. Minority employees

work hard.

2. Environmental groups have argued that the construction of the

new dam will have an adverse effect on the scenic beauty of the

lake area. But if we followed the advice of environmentalists, the

economy will go to pot. Environmentalists freak out every time a

bird, or any other specie is the least bit threatened. This is silly.

Plants and animals are under the control of evolution, and truly the

fittest will survive. They should not worry so over what nature does.

3. Acts 23:1 And Paul, looking intently at the Council, said,

"Brethren, I have lived my life with a perfectly good conscience

before God up to this day." Acts 23:2 And the high priest Ananias

commanded those standing beside him to strike him on the mouth.

Acts 23:3 Then Paul said to him, "God is going to strike you, you

whitewashed wall! And do you sit to try me according to the Law,

and in violation of the Law order me to be struck?" Acts 23:4 But

the bystanders said, "Do you revile God's high priest?" Acts 23:5

And Paul said, "I was not aware, brethren, that he was high priest;

for it is written, ' \You shall not speak evil of a ruler of your people.\'"

Acts 23:6 But perceiving that one part were Sadducees and the

other Pharisees, Paul {began} crying out in the Council, "Brethren, I

am a Pharisee, a son of Pharisees; I am on trial for the hope and

resurrection of the dead!" Acts 23:7 And as he said this, there arose

a dissension between the Pharisees and Sadducees; and the

assembly was divided. Acts 23:8 For the Sadducees say that there

is no resurrection, nor an angel, nor a spirit; but the Pharisees

acknowledge them all. Acts 23:9 And there arose a great uproar;

and some of the scribes of the Pharisaic party stood up and

{began} to argue heatedly, saying, "We find nothing wrong with this

man; suppose a spirit or an angel has spoken to him?" Acts 23:10

And as a great dissension was developing, the commander was

afraid Paul would be torn to pieces by them and ordered the troops

to go down and take him away from them by force, and bring him

into the barracks.

Will you agree good Bible knowledge teaches that God fed bread from heaven to ALL the Israelites?

John 6:32Jesus then said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven.
                      Last edited by footwasher; 12-30-2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by footwasher View Post

www3.dbu.edu › naugle › pdfPDF
                        Fallacies of Relevance - Dallas Baptist University

II. Red Herring (Diverting the Issue)

A. Definition

This second device for changing the subject is less sneaky: it just does it! This fallacy is closely related to both missing the point and the straw man. The red herring fallacy is committed when you divert the attention of the reader/listener by addressing a number of extraneous issues unrelated to the subject at hand, and then assume that the issue has been addressed, and conclusion established. Often times, a joke or a story, one that is even superficially related to the subject, does the trick quite nicely!

The arguer ignores the opponent's question or argument, and subtly changes the subject. The question is: has the hearer misinterpreted something, or simply changed the subject deliberately. Red herring arguments are especially difficult to discern in long, protracted discourses, and so close attention must be paid to the line of thought expressed. This could be called the Politician's Fallacy, because they often change the subject entirely when a difficult issue or question is addressed to them and they don't know how or what to answer.

The name red herring comes from a procedure used to train hunting dogs to follow a scent. A red herring or bag of them (they are known for their potent smell) is dragged across the trail with the intent to mislead the dogs on the quest for the game being pursued

(e.g., a fox).

B. Examples

1. Minority pressure groups have argued that the Beta General

Corporation should employ a larger number of minority workers.

But Beta General already has plenty of minority workers. The

problem is that minority pressure groups have too much power.

Soon they will take over the country. They think Beta General has a

negative view of minorities, but that's not true. Minority employees

work hard.

2. Environmental groups have argued that the construction of the

new dam will have an adverse effect on the scenic beauty of the

lake area. But if we followed the advice of environmentalists, the

economy will go to pot. Environmentalists freak out every time a

bird, or any other specie is the least bit threatened. This is silly.

Plants and animals are under the control of evolution, and truly the

fittest will survive. They should not worry so over what nature does.

3. Acts 23:1 And Paul, looking intently at the Council, said,

"Brethren, I have lived my life with a perfectly good conscience

before God up to this day." Acts 23:2 And the high priest Ananias

commanded those standing beside him to strike him on the mouth.

Acts 23:3 Then Paul said to him, "God is going to strike you, you

whitewashed wall! And do you sit to try me according to the Law,

and in violation of the Law order me to be struck?" Acts 23:4 But

the bystanders said, "Do you revile God's high priest?" Acts 23:5

And Paul said, "I was not aware, brethren, that he was high priest;

for it is written, ' \You shall not speak evil of a ruler of your people.\'"

Acts 23:6 But perceiving that one part were Sadducees and the

other Pharisees, Paul {began} crying out in the Council, "Brethren, I

am a Pharisee, a son of Pharisees; I am on trial for the hope and

resurrection of the dead!" Acts 23:7 And as he said this, there arose

a dissension between the Pharisees and Sadducees; and the

assembly was divided. Acts 23:8 For the Sadducees say that there

is no resurrection, nor an angel, nor a spirit; but the Pharisees

acknowledge them all. Acts 23:9 And there arose a great uproar;

and some of the scribes of the Pharisaic party stood up and

{began} to argue heatedly, saying, "We find nothing wrong with this

man; suppose a spirit or an angel has spoken to him?" Acts 23:10

And as a great dissension was developing, the commander was

afraid Paul would be torn to pieces by them and ordered the troops

to go down and take him away from them by force, and bring him

into the barracks.

Will you agree good Bible knowledge teaches that God fed bread from heaven to ALL the Israelites?

John 6:32Jesus then said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven.
                        God abolished any Israelite who did not believe in Christ. “Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet [Christ]. You must obey him in everything.. Every person who does not obey that prophet will be destroyed and thus removed from the people [Israel].’” Ac 3:22–23

Comment

God abolished any Israelite who did not believe in Christ. “Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet [Christ]. You must obey him in everything.. Every person who does not obey that prophet will be destroyed and thus removed from the people [Israel].’” Ac 3:22–23
                          But good Bible knowledge teaches that ALL the Israelites heard with belief what Moses had to say and as a result, all received the faith creating ministry of the Holy Spirit:

1 Cor 10:
                          For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea;
                          and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
                          and all ate the same spiritual food;
                          and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ.
                          Nevertheless, with most of them God was not well-pleased; for they were laid low in the wilderness.

6Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they also craved. 7Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written, “THE PEOPLE SAT DOWN TO EAT AND DRINK
                          AND STOOD UP TO
                          PLAY
                          .”

It even says they were deeply involved, but still perished, because they did not let faith be created, did not bear fruit:

Heb 6:
                          4For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. 7For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

So did God treat all the Israelites, give ALL of them bread, the faith building ministry of the Holy Spirit, equally, or not?
                          Last edited by footwasher; 12-30-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

But good Bible knowledge teaches that ALL the Israelites heard with belief what Moses had to say and as a result, all received the faith creating ministry of the Holy Spirit:

1 Cor 10:
                            For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea;
                            and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
                            and all ate the same spiritual food;
                            and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ.
                            Nevertheless, with most of them God was not well-pleased; for they were laid low in the wilderness.

6Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they also craved. 7Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written, “THE PEOPLE SAT DOWN TO EAT AND DRINK
                            AND STOOD UP TO
                            PLAY
                            .”

It even says they were deeply involved, but still perished, because they did not let faith be created, did not bear fruit:

Heb 6:
                            4For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. 7For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

So did God treat all the Israelites, give ALL of them bread, the faith building ministry of the Holy Spirit, equally, or not?
                            Most were God-hating idol worshippers. The few in Hebrews 11 were saved. Possible petty few others.

Comment

Most were God-hating idol worshippers. The few in Hebrews 11 were saved. Possible petty few others.
                              Please stick to the subject. Did God give the faith strengthening ministry of the Holy Spirit, which Paul calls receiving the Holy Spirit, to ALL the Israelites, or not:

Gal 3:1You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? a4Have you experienced b so much in vain—if it really was in vain? 5So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Comment

Please stick to the subject. Did God give the faith strengthening ministry of the Holy Spirit, which Paul calls receiving the Holy Spirit, to ALL the Israelites, or not:

Gal 3:1You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? a4Have you experienced b so much in vain—if it really was in vain? 5So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?
                                Are you falsely accusing me now of not sticking to the subject?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X