Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Podcast about Lordship Salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsidian
    replied
    Unbelievable. The very verse you quoted says that it is possible to call him lord and not do what he says.

Leave a comment:

• lee_merrill
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornet View Post
    Does that mean that "Jesus is God" or "I'm going to obey Jesus"?
    "Jesus is Lord" is the text, I believe this is a confession of obedience.

"Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?" (Lk 6:46)

So calling Jesus Lord implies obedience...

Blessings,
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• Obsidian
    replied
    Submitting to God's authority is works. Making a promise to submit to God's authority is just making a promise to do works.

Leave a comment:

• Hornet
    replied
    Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Well, sanctification is not defined as whether you take Jesus as Lord! Now submission is a process, but taking Jesus as Lord is part of the start of salvation, I believe.

"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Ro 10:9 NIV)

Blessings,
    Lee
    Does that mean that "Jesus is God" or "I'm going to obey Jesus"? The Lordship Salvation is not a dispute of whether or not a person needs to admit that Jesus is God at conversion. It is a dispute of whether or not a person has to submit to God's authority or make a promise to obey God at conversion.

Leave a comment:

• lee_merrill
    replied
    Well, sanctification is not defined as whether you take Jesus as Lord! Now submission is a process, but taking Jesus as Lord is part of the start of salvation, I believe.

"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Ro 10:9 NIV)

Blessings,
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• Hornet
    started a topic Podcast about Lordship Salvation

Podcast about Lordship Salvation

There is a podcast called "Theology Gals" and the hosts had an episode about Lordship Salvation. They say that Lordship Salvation as John MacArthur defines teaches that repentance and submitting to Christ's authority is a part of faith. The opposing point of view is Free Grace theology, which teaches that sanctification does not necessarily follow from justification. Zane Hodges is an example of the extreme version of it and Charles Ryrie is an example of the softer version of it.

http://theologygals.com/2019/05/lord...y-episode-112/
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X