Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

His Elect !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election eliminates man's boasting !

Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Even though scripture teaches that in regards to Salvation, being Saved, man has no reason to boast, yet false teachers tell us that faith, mans act of believing, is an condition man must perform to get saved, which does nothing but bring up a reason for man to boast. A person can say to another who is not saved, the reason why you not saved and i am is because I performed Faith or believed and you didn't, folks that is boasting !

But Paul worte 1 Cor 1:28-29

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
    Boastful and prideful man believes that their act of believing is what caused them to get into Christ Jesus, and Paul knows the deceitful heart, So Paul tells us how any come to be in Christ Jesus, Vs 30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

In other words, the only reason why one is in Christ Jesus, is solely because of their unconditional Election, God's Sovereign choice of them !

"That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."

Glory in God's Election !

Comment

• One Chosen or Elect People !

What makes the Chosen or Elect of God in Deut 7:6-7 and different of a group than God's Chosen or Elect People in Eph 1:4 ?

Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

There is no difference except for dispensation or time, lets begin the comparison that shows they are the same. First both are said to be God's Chosen or Elect Cp Deut 7:6 with Eph 1:4, next both are Loved Deut 7:7; Eph 1:4

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Next, both are Holy before Him Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Eph 1:4

Both are a special people unto the Lord Deut 7:6

For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

That word special means:

I.possession, property
      A.
      valued property, peculiar treasure

B.
      treasure

Eph 1:18 says of the chosen in Eph 1:4

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

That word inheritance means :
      I.
      an inheritance, property received (or to be received) by inheritance

II.
      what is given to one as a possession

Also Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

That word peculiar means:

I.that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions
      A.
      a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

Does not that agree with Deut 7:6

Ok The word special in Deut 7:6 actually means possession, property, treasure !

The word inheritance in Eph 1:18 means proprty, possession !

These comparisons have been brought to light to show that the Chosen are the same in both places, both refer to the Chosen in Christ, Israel, the Church, Just under different dispensations, The Old Deut 7 and the New in Eph 1, under the old the chosen was made up of mostly jews, under the New mostly Gentiles Rom 11:25-26

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved:
      as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 6

Comment

• Chosen in Christ the Chosen one !

1 Pet 2:4,6 ; Isa 42:1

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Many of the most staunches enemies of our Election in Christ , attempt to deny the Glorious Truth by stating that only Christ is God's Elect, and by that they deny individual election of persons ! Yet they are ignorantly correct when they say that only Christ is God's Elect, but with that what they wilfully fail to understand, is that Christ's Election is also His Seed's Election in Him. Paul once wrote here Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Christ clearly here is being Identified as Abraham's One Seed, yet later on in Vs 29 many individuals that belong to Christ this One Seed, are also identified as Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29

29 And if ye [As an Individual] be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Do you see that ? In Vs 16 Christ alone is called Abraham's Seed,Just one ! Then in Vs 29 many inviduals who belong to Christ are also Called Abrham's Seed !

What this does is establish a Election Union with Christ and those who belong to Him by Election in Him Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him[Christ Abraham's Seed Gal 3:16] before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

So understand, what the deceived and foolish opposers of individual Election dont understand, is that Christ's Election 1 Pet 2:4,6 ; Isa 42:1 is also the Election of His Seed Chosen / Generation in Him !

Comment

• Chosen in Christ the Chosen one ! 2

Understand, The Man Christ Jesus 1 Tim 2:5 the Last Adam 1 Cor 15:45

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

His Election is also the Election of His Seed or Generation in Him, just as His Types Adam the first man as his Seed or generation had a election existence in him ! It was written of the first Adam this Gen 5:1-2

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

Seth with the rest of the individuals following in the chapter are all individuals that had a elective physical being as Adam's Seed or Generation, and who because of it, would be manifested by physical birth in God's Time and Purpose Ecc 3:1-2

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

Seth was born to Adam, to carry on his image and likeness when God purposed it !

Well Believers are but the Chosen Generation of Christ coming into manifestion after their birth 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Speaking to and only of believers, Peter refers to them as a Chosen Generation, this goes back to their having been Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, and hence they were His Generation or Seed, for a Seed and a Generation are the exact same, Ps 22:30-31

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Comment

• Chosen in Christ the Chosen one ! 3

Now just as the first adam had a generation/seed in him, that must be begotten in his image and likeness Gen 5:1-3

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; Note: God Created Adam with his generations in him !

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

So likewise, the Last Adam, The Man Christ Jesus, those of His generations must He beget in His Image and Likeness ! Thats why He is also called the firstborn of many brethren, those who shall be conformed to His Image Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

These are also His Seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed or generation, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Now lets observe something here, believers, before becoming believers and before being born, they are a Chosen Generation / Seed according to 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Also they had been said to be born of incorruptible seed 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Proving that they were the Generation of Christ, the logos of God, and therefore Chosen in Him whom Himself was the Chosen of God 1 Pet 2:4,6

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 6

Comment

• Chosen in Christ the Chosen one ! 4

Now all of this is being brought forth to show and prove that Christ's Election is the same as the Election of His Seed, just as Abraham's Election is the Election of His Seed Ps 105:6; Isa 41:8, which of course is comprised of individual members. Now to make this truth even the more obvious, we will look at David as a Type of Christ, and how that God made a Covenant with him as His Chosen, which denote certain promises to David's Seed Ps 89:1-4
              I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

See how David is called God's servant and Chosen in Vs 3 ? Thats the same titles as in Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Christ's being God's Elect / Chosen servant, So now notice the Promise to David in Vs 4 as he is God's Chosen and Servant Ps 89:4

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

This also applies to Christ's Seed, David's Antitype, therefore it applies to Christ's Seed those Chosen in Him Eph 1:4 and they shall be Established forever, which Christ has a view of here Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him[His Chosen Servant Isa 42:1]; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

According to God's Promise to David, Christ shall see His Seed Established ! Because His soul for them was made a offering for sin ! Thats why we read of believers being established or stablished, Paul wrote to believers here this 2 Thess 3:3

But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

No doubt this word of promise looks back to the Promise made to David the Type of Christ Ps 89:1-4

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

Comment

• Chosen in Christ the Chosen one ! 5

David the Antitype, which is Jesus Christ, because He made His soul an offering for sin, for His Seed Isa 53:10, satisfying for them God's Law and Justice, hence if His seed does transgress [which they shall by nature], Yet God's Promise unto them for David's sake is Ps 89:30-37
                30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;

31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;

32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.

33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.

36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

Notice how God says if they [plural] sin Vs 31-32 God would visit their sins with stripes or chastisements [Heb 12:5-11]

And by that God is keeping Covenant Faithfulness with Him, that is David / Christ Vs 33 because they are His Seed !

God's Mercy is for David and His Seed for ever more Ps 89:28-29

28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.

All of this Great Mercy is because they are God's Chosen within His Chosen One;

Now with all this stated before us, for any to deny that the very Election of Christ Himself is also the very Election of His Seed, individual persons in Him Eph 1:4 is tantamount to denying the Very Election of Christ the Head Himself which is utter Blasphemy ! 6

Comment

• Men pervert Election !

Most religionist of the antichrist suasion, would have us to believe that God's Election of an individual to Salvation is based upon what He foreknows and sees of their actions, which is nothing but a absolute lie, even if the word foreknow is used in its connection as Per 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Now Paul defines the Purpose of Election in Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

And that God's Purpose of Electing Individuals to Salvation is solely of Himself, or from within Himself, His Own Purpose and Grace, according to the pleasure of His Own Will Eph 1:5, for He has Mercy in Salvation on whom He will Rom 9:15-16

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

And Yes experimental Salvation is an Effect of God's Mercy Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; !

A Great Truth about God's Election of men to Salvation Mercy is revealed in the sacred account of Jacob and Esau; and in this narrative Paul makes it clear that God took no regard to the good or evil of these individuals, but that His Purpose concerning them in Election was established before their beings came into existence, before they had any existence and ability to do anything, and hence in this Light He Loved the One, and Hated the other, according to His Own Eternal Purpose of Election Mal 1:1-3

The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi.

2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.6

Comment

• Men pervert Election !2

You see if God's Foreknowledge meant as the antichrist followers tell us it means, that God foreseeing ahead of time who shall believe and who shall not believe, then that collides headlong with God's very specific stated purpose of election, not of works but of Grace Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election [purpose] of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

It is evident that in God's first forming of the Purpose of Election, that it had nothing to do with with man might do [being unborn] and so He is claiming to not have been influenced one iota by any outside of Himself considerations, but that He merely Sovereignly chose some and rejected others, according to His own will !

Comment

• Men pervert Election !3

Again, Foreknowledge connected with Election 1 Pet 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied ,

Again as it has been pointed out before, that God's Foreknowledge in Election has nothing to do with what God foresaw of the acts of His creatures in time as Per Illustrated with Jacob and Esau here Rom 9:11

God did not make His Purpose of Election Choice after seeing what a person was going to accept or reject, simply because, if that was True, Paul lied here when its being said that the Choice was made before the men were born ! Thats clear indication that God did not look to see how they would respond, since that would entail them having to had been born, for what sense would it make to say that God foresaw them acting out before they were born into existence ??

Not only that, such a blasphemous teaching as that is, it argues that God became enlighten by His creatures, that He gained knowledge of them and their actions, obviously He could not have had before He actually saw it, He had to wait and see how they would act after He Created them ! This is the end result of the fallacious teaching of all those who teach that God's Elective choice and foreknowledge is dependent upon what God foresaw the choices men would make ! Thats is utter Blasphemy and dishonoring of God ! 6

Comment

• Men pervert Election !4

The Purpose of God according to Election Rom 9:11 !

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

As stated previously, those of the antichrist who pervert this Gospel Doctrine of Divine Election, by lying and saying that its contingent upon God foreseeing the acts and responses of men, that such teachings are a absolute lie, and that it opposes and contradicts the very revealed Mind of God upon this Most Holy and Blessed Truth, its read here in Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

This verse very simply and succinctly yet absolutely tells us that God had no consideration of men [in this Purpose of Election] after they had been born, to determine their Election or Rejection.

Understand something, If God did chose or elect men based upon knowing [after they were born] beforehand how they would act or choose, then Rom 9:11 gives us a false witness of the Mind of God, because they could do no good or evil until after they had been born !

So you who stubbornly insist that Election is based upon a faulty understanding of Foreknowledge, in that it is based upon God foreseeing the actions of men to determine His Election of them, you outright call God a Liar by contradicting clear scripture testimony found here in Rom 9:11 !

Comment

• Save thy Elect !

Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Salvation is promised to and only provided for in Christ, God's Elect, Israel !

The Salvation that is in Christ Jesus, even Christ Jesus the Mediator 1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Is a Salvation not for all mankind, but for God's own Elect 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

This is that also that David prayed for Ps 106:4-5

4 Remember me, O Lord, with the favour that thou bearest unto thy people: O visit me with thy salvation;

5 That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation, that I may glory with thine inheritance.7

Comment

• The Elect The Salvation !

Salvation is and always has been and will be only for God's Elect, The Israel of God, which has nothing to do with ethnicity 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Notice THAT THEY may obtain the Salvation which is in Christ Jesus ! There isnt Salvation for anyone Else in Christ Jesus but that of the Elect , for this is a clear cut connotation !

And the Salvation here Paul is referring to 2 Tim 2:10 which is about the Church of the Eklect Gentiles, could be no other than the Salvation Promised here for God's Elect Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

The words The Elect are in the original with the definite article indicating that the Elect Paul is speaking of is the one and only Elect of God, yet they do include Gentiles !

διὰ τοῦτο πάντα ὑπομένω διὰ τοὺς ἐκλεκτούς ἵνα καὶ αὐτοὶ σωτηρίας τύχωσιν τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ μετὰ δόξης αἰωνίου 7

Comment

• Election in Christ Essential to the forgiveness of sins !

Election in Christ Essential to the forgiveness of sins , for when we read the passage Eph 1:3-8
                              3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

Its plain from these sacred words that Redemption through His Blood with the Forgiveness of sins has for its foundation Election Vs 4, Yes having been Chosen in Christ Jesus before the foundation, results in the bestowing of the Spiritual Blessings, of which one of many is Forgiveness of sins .

Therefore its quite appropriate that when preaching the Forgiveness of sins as Per Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission/forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 13:38

38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Acts 26:18

8 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

They did not neglect the foundation of this forgiveness of sins, having been Chosen in Christ for it Eph 1:3-4,7 !

Comment

• Is Election Salvation ?

I hear many times people say that Election, in and of itself, or Election itself is not Salvation, but that its merely unto Salvation, based upon a scripture here 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Now understand something, that verse does not say that Election is not Salvation, but its speaking of the fruit of Salvation in time, inbelieving the Truth, resulting from Sanctification of the Spirit. In a real sense, being able to believe the Truth is a Saving or Salvation [from error]. Thats what Paul means here 1 Cor 1:21

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

For preaching does not save anyone from hell or the penalty of sin, Christ's Death alone done that !

Again here to Timothy 1 Tim 4:16

Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Doctrine does not actually save anyone from the penalty of sin, but it does save from the delusions of sin and false gospels and doctrines , to belief of the Truth !

The Truth however is that ELECTION is ones Salvation from the Eternal Perspective, in the Eternal Realm, wherein from Eternity Past, the Elect ones, Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world as Per Eph 1:4, are by that Divine choice, saved in the purpose of God from the penalty of sin 2 Tim 1:9, and so that shall result in time, a Salvation wrought by the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13, which is but the fruit of Salvation they already had in the Eternal Purpose of God, which is Election Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
                                )

These Two purposes being the same , here in Rom 9:11 and 2 Tim 1:9, God's Purpose of Election in Christ,

So its concluded, it is not biblically correct to say Election is not Salvation, without clarification of the same ! 7

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X