Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

His Elect !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God's Chosen People ! cont

Now however at the time of Deut 7, the church was comprised of Chosen ethnic jews called Israel, but as time would go on it would be revealed that this Chosen People Israel whom God Loved was not only made up of ethnic jews, but of all people of different Nations, and that had been a Mystery, though hinted at in prophecies like Isa 49:6

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Lk 2:32

A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Also the Mystery was that Elect Israel, Whom God Loved was not an ethnicity according to the flesh, but a spiritual seed, hence the seed of Israel Isa 45:25 and Gal 6:16

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Isa 45:25 This Glory of Israel is the same as the Glory of the Church Eph 3:21

21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Comment

God's Chosen People ! cont

Now that the Chosen People of Eph 1:4, the Church, are the same as those in Deut 7, notice Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Yes, they are both Holy unto God, the fact is, there are not Two different sets of Chosen Holy People, however this is no issue at all when we understand that both objects of God's Choice here are the same people under different economies or administrations ! This is why those under the New Covenant are called with an Holy Calling 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

He dwells among them[The Church] as His Holy People 2 Cor 6:14-18

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Now Paul here is writing the Church the Body of Christ and He is applying this OT Scripture to it:

Leviticus 26:11-12 ; Ezk 37:26-27

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

The Church, the Body of Christ is an Holy Temple unto the Lord Eph 2:21

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

1 Cor 3:16

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

See the OT Tabernacle and Temple of the People of Israel were merely Types of the Church, the Israel of God.

Now it we fail to see the fulfillment of Deut 7:6 here in the Church, we are blind to the Truth !

Comment

Is Christ God's Elect ?

This question is answered in the affirmative ,lets look at Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

1 Pet 2:4,6

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Now if He is God's Elect or Chosen as scripture doeth testify Lk 23:35, then so are the ones Chosen in Him that constitute His Body and it's Members; for God did not choose the Head Christ with no Body members,but in God's Choice of the Head, all the Members of that Head's Body were with Him Chosen Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Thats why His Members are called an Chosen Generation 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation or offspring, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Paul tells us that in the beginning, He was the Head of the Body, the Church Col 1:17-18

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

What does " who is the beginning" mean ? Vs 17 tells us , in that He as the Head " is before all things"

Remember it is written of Jesus this Rev 1:8

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 3:14

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

The Beginning of the Creation of God is that He is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is the Creation of God, which was Created for God's Glory Isa 43:7

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

And also in that capacity, as the Head of the Church, all things were Created by Him and for Him Col 1:16-17

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he[The Head of the Body] is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Now this Union of Christ and His Body existed and predated their [His Body] existence and union with their earthly head Adam after Creation. The only way to deny the Election of some in Christ, is to deny Christ's Election as well, for His Election is irrelevant if its not as the Head of His Body the Church ! 4

Comment

Election is in Christ 2

Election is in Christ . The fact that Christ Himself is God's Elect, makes it imperative that those who are Joint Heirs with Him [Rom 8:17] are also of God's Election.

Just as Believing spouses are Heirs together 1 Pet 3:7

7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

And we know the Mystery of Christ Eph 5:31-32

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

For Christ is God's Elect as He chose Him to be the Head of the Body [His Wife] the Church which hath many members Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

1 Cor 12:12

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

And so the Members of His Body consequently are Joint heirs with Him Rom 8:17, As Christ is the Son of God, they in Him are the Children of God, as the Son of God, He is Chosen Lk 23:35,those Chosen in Him are God's Chosen Eph 1:4 and they are Children of God, His Brethren Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

We cannot consistently believe that Christ is God's Elect without embracing His Members of His Body not being God's Elect as Well !

Comment

Election in Christ !

Those who were Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

They actually had a Election Being in Him, before they had one in their Earthy head of Adam at Creation. This is because Christ's Headship was before Adam's, and before Creation no other Headship existed save that of Christ, and so in all things He must have the preeminence; being that He is before all things, and by whom all things consist, and He is the Head of the Body, the Church Col 1:17-18

This is key, Paul is saying here that in the beginning, Christ is the Head of the body the Church , before all things else !

This is proof, if we can receive it, that Christ was the Head of the Church before all things, and He was the Head of those Chosen in Him as Early !

This Truth establishes eternal election in Christ, or He could not have been the Head of the Church, His Body in the beginning !

To deny Eternal Election therefore in Christ, is to deny His Eternal Headship in the beginning, and then our Christology becomes a false Christ ! 4

Comment

Election in Christ

Now this Election in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, where He existed as the Elect Head of the Church, His Body, before all things Col 1:17-18

It is then in Him, in the beginning before anything was made by Him, in Him was Life Jn 1:1-4

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And which life was Eternal Life 1 Jn 1:2;5:11

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

1 Jn 5:11

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Now being Chosen in the Son Eph 1:4, they were Chosen in to Eternal Life, hence it was given to the them then in the Son, its that Grace given them in Christ before the World Began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Peter calls it the Grace of Life 1 Pet 3:7

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
              The syric version renders the phrase " Grace of Life" as " The Gift of Eternal Life !

The phrase also could read as Heirs of Eternal Life Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Comment

More on the Elect !

Now all the Elect of God, who died to God in Adam, and became alienated from the life of God as Per Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

This blindness is the same as here 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And they are dead in trespasses and sins, but yet because Christ has shed His Blood for them, washed them from their sins, having satisfied for them all of God's Law and Justice, they are quickened to life by Christ with that Eternal Life they had in Christ their Head before the world began; it is then they are born again of that incorruptible seed 1 Pet 1:23, and then they are manifested as His Chosen Seed as well as the Sons of God !

Comment

For the Elect's sake !

2 Tim 2:8-10

8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

The word Elect here is the greek word eklektos and means:

picked out, chosen

a) chosen by God,

1) to obtain salvation through Christ

Its from the root word eklegomai which means:

to pick out, choose, to pick or choose out for one's self

Its those people God has chosen for Himself !

Now Paul is saying in our passage that he basically endures all things, all the adverse circumstances he encounters in Preaching the Gospel of Vs 8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

For the Elect's Sake, God's Election of Grace, those He has reserved unto Himself Rom 11:4-5

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

BTW There was an Election of Grace in the time of Elijah as it was then in Paul's time under the New Covenant, that proves the connection of the OT Believer and the NT Believer !

This brings us to understand the supreme importance of the Truth of Eternal Election in Christ, in Preaching the Gospel. Both the Election of Grace in Elijah day as well as that in Paul's day had to be Chosen in Christ in order to be of the Election of Grace.

This Election is foundational because without it, there would be no Only Begotten Son from Everlasting, for then there would have been no Elect in Him before the Foundation Eph 1:4, then no Chosen to Salvation, for which Purpose, no need to send His Son to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

His People here are the Chosen, the Elect, The Israel of God; and so the Gospel of God finds its origin in God's Purpose of Election !

For the Gospel reveals to the Elect ones the Covenental Blessings of God to His Chosen, which Blessings are theirs according to His Choosing them in Christ before the foundation of the World Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Which things God reveals to them by His Spirit 1 Cor 2:6-12 ! For as one has believed the True Gospel of God, they perceive that their Salvation comes to them from God's Eternal Election, and this cannot be unless Election from Eternity is a foundational theme in Gospel Preaching. For what meaneth this if not Election 2 Tim 2:19,10

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Remember what Paul had just stated a few lines earlier in Vs 10 !

All the Spiritual Blessings one is given in time, such as New Birth, Faith, and Repentance, are due because of Election or having been Chosen in Him, their Covenant Head before the foundation.

Comment

What is meant ?

What is meant by being chosen in Christ before the foundation ? Its not just something to say because it sounds good, but its an actual truth revealed in scripture Eph 1:4

Remember what Paul writes of Christ as being the Head of the Body, the Church, who is the beginning ? Col 1:17-18

So being chosen in Him before the foundation means that we [the chosen] were chosen in Christ , then as the members of His Body before all things. 4

Comment

We will not have this man to reign over us !

Lk 19:14

But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

The natural man does not submit to the pure doctrine of Election because it does not submit to God's Sovereignty. For the natural man cries unfair, unjust is the God who shows the discriminating grace of Election to Salvation. That God purposed it for some and not others is a Sovereign prerogative. It says loud and clear that God has a right and does what He wills with His own creatures, which is Paul's point here Rom 9:11-15

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

And as vs 14 shows us the natural mans response to Election, we know this by Paul's answer:What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God?

By no means Paul says, for God has the right to have mercy and elective love on whomsoever He will [Sovereignty], meaning He did not show elective love and mercy to esau, but He did to Jacob, and this without any consideration of good or evil done by them, and that by doing so God has not wronged esau ! The natural man does not accept this premise as being fair !

Comment

We will not have this man to reign over us !2

The same Election Principle of God's Sovereignty over His creatures is seen again in my Lords story here Matt 20:3-15

3 And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,

4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.

5 Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.

6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?

7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.

8 So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.

9 And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.

10 But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.

11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

And because God chose to give the same payment for labor done by those who worked much longer than the one worked much less. Its like if Two people get a job at a factory to work, and one started on Monday and Worked hard up to Friday Payday and that one is paid 150 dollars for the days worked, but another who was hired Friday Morning and worked only a eight hour shift, and at on the same day he is also paid 150 dollars for his eight hour shift of which you found out about, naturally when that is found out its reasoned to be unfair, for why should he be compensated the same as you and you worked much longer and harder than he, and the factory owner knew it. But Jesus answers in Vs 15

15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

And this Illustrates God's Sovereignty that none of by nature will submit to !

Comment

Election revealed in the beginning !

At the beginning immediately after the entrance of sin into the World by Adam's transgression, God did disclose His Election of a People by stating the fact that in mankind two manner of people shall be brought forth; That being the seed of the woman [Eve] which meant Christ and His People, His Body the Church, and the serpents seed, which are the children of the devil or of the wicked one Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Matt 13:38

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

And God Sovereignly put an enmity between these Two Seeds. Now the Seed of the Woman is the Elect of God, even as Christ is the Elect of God Isa 42:1; and the seed of the serpent is the non elect ! Abel gave evidence of being of the Election of Grace, while cain gave evidence of being of the wicked one 1 Jn 3:12

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Comment

The Principle of Election to Salvation !

Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

This scripture sets forth unto us the Divine Regulation of Election to Salvation, for the Election Purpose here is the same as it is set forth here Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

And here Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Yes, this passage is about Election, faith here is the Faith of God's Elect Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

And the point is this, That Salvation by Grace or Election [the same] in it God has no regard to any work, performance of a condition or requirement, our will or desire, which is summed up in Rom 9:11,16

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

The word done in Vs 11 "neither having done any good or evil"

This is the greek word prassō:

to exercise, practise, to be busy with, carry on

a) to undertake, to do

2) to accomplish, perform

a) to commit, perpetrate

3) to manage public affairs, transact public business

a) to exact tribute, revenue, debts

4) to act

It also means require as in Lk 19:23

23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

So Salvation by Grace or Election does not come from one doing something required by God, like believing or repenting or etc !

Salvation is not based upon the so called freewill of man, for if that was ever the case it reverts into Salvation by works Rom 11:6,5

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Election of Grace or Salvation by Grace through Faith is only possible if we are part of a Chosen remnant, out of all mankind, Vs 5

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

This is another foundational principle, Election of Grace, Salvation by Grace only is about a remnant, its never about saving all without exception, but only all the remnant without exception !

We take away this Element of remnant, we undermine Salvation by Grace !

That part denotes a remaining, and a small part as in Isa 1:9

9 Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Thats Salvation by Grace and Election by Grace, the Lord reserving some for Himself ! See Rom 11:4

This is the only Salvation the bible teaches and its the only one that Christ represents in His Death, so He says Jn 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And His Way is by being Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4 !

Salvation no other way Acts 4:12

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

No other way of Salvation than by being of the Election of Grace in Christ Jesus !

Its not the popular but very narrow way Matt 7:14

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

That few is a remnant that God reserved for Himself ! 4

Comment

Rom 9:8 The Elect are the Children of God or Promise !

Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The Elect are the Seed here also !

These are Truths that the scripture teaches, and even before they are believers or born again, and while they are yet enemies, in a state of enmity, in a state of nature Rom 5:10; Eph 2:3 they are and God sees them as His Children, Like the Father of the prodigal seen His son while he was estranged Lk 15:11ff.

And God Loved them as such in that condition 1 Jn 3:1; Jn 3:16. Now at the time of New Birth and Faith, it is then that they have the right to become openly and by profession, the Children of God Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power or privilege to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

But understand again, that before they are communicated Life or New Birth, they are still Children; Lets look at Isa 54:13

13 And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Which Jesus applied here Jn 6:45

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Which indicates that they were the Lord's Children or sons before being taught of Him.

Again Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

They are God's Children before being gathered by the Call of the Gospel; Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Again here, they are children before partaking of flesh and blood, before creation and before physical birth ! 4

Comment

Called according to His Purpose !

Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Now who are the called according to His Purpose ? Why its His Own Elect, and the purpose meant here is His Purpose of Election which Paul writes about here Rom 9:11

Notice Purpose of Election and Call; and this Call of the Purpose of Election is not limited to just jews as some falsely teach, but also includes Gentiles which are Elect Rom 9:24

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 5

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X