Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

His Elect !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post
    Election is the Father's Sovereign Choice from Everlasting, of a Special Loved People, Chosen in Christ for Salvation.

Eph 1:3-4

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Jer 31:3

3The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Deut 7:6-7

6For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Predestination is God's pre arrangement of all the decree's from everlasting, to bring about the experiential Salvation of His Elect in Christ !
    Nowhere in Scripture does God choose a person to be saved.

Comment

Earnestly contend for the Faith !

Jude 1:3

3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

The Doctrine Election is revealed in the scriptures, and His People will take their stand and contend for this Blessed Gospel Doctrine, regardless of what men may say or think !

Even Angels were Elected of God 1 Tim 5:21

charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

The word is eklektos

picked out, chosen

a) chosen by God,

1) to obtain salvation through Christ

a) Christians are called "chosen or elect" of God

2) the Messiah is called "elect", as appointed by God to the most exalted office conceivable

3) choice, select, i.e. the best of its kind or class, excellence preeminent: applied to certain individual Christians

The Elect Angels are the ones Chosen by God as to associates with the Heirs of Salvation among Chosen men Heb 1:13-14

13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Yet there were angels whom God decreed to destroy for their sin 2 Pet 2:4

4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Its the same with men, some of them God determined to spare them not for sin, they are the non elect of men ! 2

Comment

[B]
        Its the same with men, some of them God determined to spare them not for sin, they are the non elect of men ! 2
        OK! Double predestination?

Nowhere in Scripture does God chose someone to be damned for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by footwasher View Post

OK! Double predestination?

Nowhere in Scripture does God chose someone to be damned for no reason.
          They damned for a reason, sin !

Comment

They damned for a reason, sin !
            But you're talking about someone being damned or saved from the foundation of the world, even before they did anything, good or bad! (Ephesians 1.4) And please improve your English. Your post should read:

They ARE damned for a reason, sin!

Where 'damned', the past participle of 'damn', is used as an adjective verb.
            Last edited by footwasher; 09-13-2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Of course if you are a person of colour, then welcome! You can use your own language here!

An example of Ebonics is eliminating the apostrophe and any letters following the apostrophe in a word, such as "I going".

https://www.yourdictionary.com/ebonics

Comment

But you're talking about someone being damned or saved from the foundation of the world, even before they did anything, good or bad! (Ephesians 1.4) And please improve your English. Your post should read:

They ARE damned for a reason, sin!

Where 'damned', the past participle of 'damn', is used as an adjective verb.
                But they are damned for a reason, their sins.

Comment

But they are damned for a reason, their sins.
                  No, before they could anything, good or bad, they were damned.

This means God is unfair, unrighteous, to condemn people. Since this is impossible, it must mean something else. Ask me, and I'll tell you what it means, through the Holy Spirit.

Because I heard the correct Gospel, received the real experience of the ministry of the Holy Spirit, benefitted from drinking from the Rock, and was allowed into the Kingdom, where real believers receive gifts of explaining Scripture, because we only say what God says, do what God does.

None of which you have experienced. But don't come to me to receive bread, but to see signs, the work of the finger of God, so that you will see the truth of how to become a real believer, because we are lights of the world, guiding people to God, when they see the benefits of being in the Kingdom, and want to receive these blessings too.
                  Last edited by footwasher; 09-15-2022, 07:06 AM.

Comment

No, before they could anything, good or bad, they were damned.

This means God is unfair, unrighteous, to condemn people. Since this is impossible, it must mean something else. Ask me, and I'll tell you what it means, through the Holy Spirit.

Because I heard the correct Gospel, received the real experience of the ministry of the Holy Spirit, benefitted from drinking from the Rock, and was allowed into the Kingdom, where real believers receive gifts of explaining Scripture, because we only say what God says, do what God does.

None of which you have experienced. But don't come to me to receive bread, but to see signs, the work of the finger of God, so that you will see the truth of how to become a real believer, because we are lights of the world, guiding people to God, when they see the benefits of being in the Kingdom, and want to receive these blessings too.
                    That means God made them to be damned for their sins. Just like He made some to be merciful to for their sins. Both are for His Own Glory. You dont like it right ?

Comment

That means God made them to be damned for their sins. Just like He made some to be merciful to for their sins. Both are for His Own Glory. You dont like it right ?
                      Yes I don't like it because it makes God unrighteous. Nowhere in Scripture does God damn a person for their sins in advance.

And your English is still terrible.

You said they were damned for their sins.

Then you said they were made damned for their sins.

There is no such sentence in English. Nobody can be made damned.

Damned means judged to be wrong. You can't say some one is made judged for their sins.

How can you post here when your English is so bad? You can't understand and you can't communicate. You can only cut and paste from commentaries, without understanding.
                      Last edited by footwasher; 09-15-2022, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Our Covenant Head was Chosen or Elected !

The bible teaches Election even of the One who died for His Seed Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

The Lord Jesus Christ . Scripture records the Father saying Isa 42:1

1Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Peter writes as well 1 Pet 2:4,6

To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Christ was Chosen of God to be the Head of the Church, His Body ! So now, if the Head is Chosen, so must be His Members, His Body ! Unless the Father chose a bodiless Head ! And because of this, He had to be the Saviour of the Body Eph 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

He is the Chosen foundation stone, and Those He is Saviour, His Body, are the chosen stones 1 Pet 2:5

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

A Chosen Priesthood at that 1 Pet 2:9

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Comment

footwash

You said they were damned for their sins.
                          You misstated what I said.

I stated they were made to be damned for their sins.
                          Last edited by brightfame52; 09-16-2022, 12:21 PM.

Comment

footwash

You misstated what I said.

I stated they were made to be damned for their sins.
                            Damned means 'judged to be wrong'. So:

'they were made to be damned for their sins'
                            means

they were made to be 'judged to be wrong' for their sins.

There is no possibility of having this kind of sentence in English.

Will you admit that English is not your first language?

Comment

Our Covenant Head was Chosen or Elected !

The bible teaches Election even of the One who died for His Seed Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

The Lord Jesus Christ . Scripture records the Father saying Isa 42:1

1Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Peter writes as well 1 Pet 2:4,6

To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Christ was Chosen of God to be the Head of the Church, His Body ! So now, if the Head is Chosen, so must be His Members, His Body ! Unless the Father chose a bodiless Head ! And because of this, He had to be the Saviour of the Body Eph 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

He is the Chosen foundation stone, and Those He is Saviour, His Body, are the chosen stones 1 Pet 2:5

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

A Chosen Priesthood at that 1 Pet 2:9

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
                              No where in Scripture is a person chosen to be justified, reckoned righteous, or damned, considered unrighteous.

As usual, you are avoiding discussion.

Comment

No where in Scripture is a person chosen to be justified, reckoned righteous, or damned, considered unrighteous.

As usual, you are avoiding discussion.
                                You are ignoring the scripture points I have made! Do you want to discuss them?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X