Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Doctrines that Destroy lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctrines that Destroy lives

Many solve crimes by following the money. But how do we find the Tares among the wheat? Jesus says the Tares or false Christians cause others to sin and do evil (Matthew 13:41). So instead of following the money, I follow the path of destruction in the doctrine’s wake.

“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)

So an easy way to challenge any suspect doctrine is to ask “Does the teaching cause sin and destroy lives? Or does it promote holiness and strengthen lives?

If we can trust this gauge, we can easily spot some false doctrines. Abortion approved by many churches being the more obvious.

Other popular doctrines allowing divorce and remarriage destroy families when they reach their weakest point. Churches that teach against divorce have low or no divorce rates.

Many teach today’s Jews rightfully and unconditionally own Palestine. And this belief leads in part to terrorism and the wars now afflicting the world. But Paul said “For all the promises of God [made to Abraham too] in him are yea, and in him [Jesus] Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900)

The Dual Morality doctrine justifies the Christian ignoring New Testament ethics, the Sermon on the Mount, and to kill the State’s enemies. This doctrine helped Hitler raise an army of Christians even among Mennonites. http://www.ephrataministries.org/rem...nite-nazis.a5w

Does the Lesser Magistrate doctrine justify Christians ignoring New Testament ethics and engaging in revolution? Dominion Theology calls for Christian takeover of governments. Even though Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world.

Does Infant Sprinkling (“Baptism”) place the Church above the word (in place of God), since scripture does not directly support infant baptism? Does it keep people from following Christ’s command to receive Baptism? How many Christians did the infant baptism doctrine kill over the centuries when believers refused to obey infant baptizers?

The Visible Institutional Church doctrine killed and oppressed millions of Christians and others. From Constantine’s time until America developed laws protecting us from the institutional churches. Simple independent churches being many of their victims from the beginning.

These are examples. But I believe if we question what we hear, and try to see where it ends, we might avoid having innocent blood on our own hands. “The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.” (Matthew 13:41) NIV

Why are you speaking as if we have any free will on the matter?

And again I told you to stop starting new threads till your older ones have run their course. Don't start any more for a couple of weeks please. This is Theologyweb, Not Dave L's blog.

Please check your Private Messages, I just gave you an official warning on the matter.
    Last edited by Sparko; 01-14-2022, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
      Many solve crimes by following the money. But how do we find the Tares among the wheat? Jesus says the Tares or false Christians cause others to sin and do evil (Matthew 13:41). So instead of following the money, I follow the path of destruction in the doctrine’s wake.

“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)

So an easy way to challenge any suspect doctrine is to ask “Does the teaching cause sin and destroy lives? Or does it promote holiness and strengthen lives?

If we can trust this gauge, we can easily spot some false doctrines. Abortion approved by many churches being the more obvious.

Other popular doctrines allowing divorce and remarriage destroy families when they reach their weakest point. Churches that teach against divorce have low or no divorce rates.
      Hospitals that reject cancer patients have low or no cancer rates.

Many teach today’s Jews rightfully and unconditionally own Palestine. And this belief leads in part to terrorism and the wars now afflicting the world. But Paul said “For all the promises of God [made to Abraham too] in him are yea, and in him [Jesus] Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900)

The Dual Morality doctrine justifies the Christian ignoring New Testament ethics, the Sermon on the Mount, and to kill the State’s enemies. This doctrine helped Hitler raise an army of Christians even among Mennonites. http://www.ephrataministries.org/rem...nite-nazis.a5w

Does the Lesser Magistrate doctrine justify Christians ignoring New Testament ethics and engaging in revolution? Dominion Theology calls for Christian takeover of governments. Even though Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world.

Does Infant Sprinkling (“Baptism”) place the Church above the word (in place of God), since scripture does not directly support infant baptism? Does it keep people from following Christ’s command to receive Baptism? How many Christians did the infant baptism doctrine kill over the centuries when believers refused to obey infant baptizers?

The Visible Institutional Church doctrine killed and oppressed millions of Christians and others. From Constantine’s time until America developed laws protecting us from the institutional churches. Simple independent churches being many of their victims from the beginning.

These are examples. But I believe if we question what we hear, and try to see where it ends, we might avoid having innocent blood on our own hands. “The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.” (Matthew 13:41) NIV
      Dave, what do you think you're accomplishing by spending so much time attack other people and other churches? Seriously, it only makes you look petty and vengeful, and somewhat of a Pharisee.

We all have responsibility for the areas over which we have influence. We don't need to go looking for trouble, especially when that is detrimental to living our own Christian lives and ministering to those around us.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And can you PLEASE stop messing with the "Font" tags? It makes it so much easier to mess things up when responding.

Just type!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Calvin approved of the murder of Servetus.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Calvin on Servetus. Are people who accuse Calvin, bearing false witness?

"For what particular act of mine you accuse me of cruelty I am anxious to know. I myself know not that act unless it be with reference to the death of your great master, Servetus. But that I myself earnestly entreated that he might not be put to death his judges themselves are witnesses, in the number of whom at that time two were his staunch favourers and defenders. But I have said quite enough about myself." Calvin's Calvinism Translated Henry Cole P-346

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L
              Jesus says the Tares or false Christians cause others to sin and do evil (Matthew 13:41).
              Wait. How can false Christians CAUSE others to do anything? I thought there was no free will? Only God can cause someone to do something according to your theology.

Basically even you can't keep up the charade of (hyper) Calvinism and end up arguing like there is free will. Your theology is self-defeating.

Comment

Calvin on Servetus. Are people who accuse Calvin, bearing false witness?

"For what particular act of mine you accuse me of cruelty I am anxious to know. I myself know not that act unless it be with reference to the death of your great master, Servetus. But that I myself earnestly entreated that he might not be put to death his judges themselves are witnesses, in the number of whom at that time two were his staunch favourers and defenders. But I have said quite enough about myself." Calvin's Calvinism Translated Henry Cole P-346
                Why is Calvin talking like there is free will?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Wait. How can false Christians CAUSE others to do anything? I thought there was no free will? Only God can cause someone to do something according to your theology.

Basically even you can't keep up the charade of (hyper) Calvinism and end up arguing like there is free will. Your theology is self-defeating.
                  You show a misunderstanding of the topic. It's about recognizing tares.

Comment

And what did the Master teach us about the tares?

Comment

Why is Calvin talking like there is free will?
                      Sometime when I'm allowed to post again I'll show you how free will works. It's a marvelous study.

Comment

You are the one who said Jesus said they CAUSE Christians to sin. You can't even keep up the farce of your nutty theology of no free will without contradicting yourself over and over.

Comment

Sometime when I'm allowed to post again I'll show you how free will works. It's a marvelous study.

You are allowed to post Dave. You just need to stop starting new threads all the time. You can answer here just like you did above.

Comment

You are allowed to post Dave. You just need to stop starting new threads all the time. You can answer here just like you did above.
                            I'll start a new thread when allowed to do so. Did you know everything you think say or do is based on a reason God sent to control your will?

Comment

WOW --- I misunderstood THAT one!!! I thought he was implying that God wasn't allowing him to post yet....

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X