Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Jesus is honorable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus is honorable!

And that's an understatement! What He did for us is too wonderful for words to express. God is the maximally great being and worthy of all praise. He also knows this thread exists. Let us praise the King of kings!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

This was the first song I thought of. (Sadly, it doesn't include all 7 verses.)

~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Praise the LORD!

Comment

Really? Glory to God in the highest!

Comment

I'm disappointed. How are those other threads more important? Let's talk about how honorable Jesus is!

Comment

Unfortunately, most people on this website want to argue about politics,
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              I'm disappointed. How are those other threads more important? Let's talk about how honorable Jesus is!
              In my opinion, you started the thread as a praise thread and not a discussion thread. You need to provide some talking points for us to respond to.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Some trust in politics, some trust in the economy

I shall trust the LORD!

For He is great and made all things

Comment

Praise the LORD! Hosanna!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                    This was the first song I thought of. (Sadly, it doesn't include all 7 verses.)

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                    Praise the LORD!
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Yes let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

To God be the glory great things He has done;
                      So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
                      Who yielded His life in atonement for sin;
                      and opened the life gate that all may go in!

Praise the Lord Praise the Lord let the earth hear His voice;
                      Praise the Lord Praise the Lord let the people rejoice
                      Oh come to the Father through Jesus the Son
                      and give Him the glory great things He has done

....love this old hymn my Mom and I sing it quite often.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X