Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What is the Gospel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preaching Christ Crucified !

1 Cor 1:23

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

2:2

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Preaching Christ crucified means, That He was put to death for the sins of His church, the elect of God. He having had their sins imputed to Him, as their surety and covenant head..

He being made a sin offering for the Israel of God 2 Cor 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us [the church], who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

For Jesus Christ did not come to save all people from their sins, but His People Matt 1:21

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Not all Jewish people, but His people or sheep from amongst the Jews and Gentiles, the wide scope of the seed of Abraham, for it is written, in thee shall all nations be blessed..

You cant preach christ and him crucified without naming specifically for whom He was crucified, and it was not for all mankind to include the devils seed or offspring Gen 3 15! 2

Comment

• Jesus Preached the Gospel of Election !

All that the Father giveth Me shall come unto me..

Jn 6:37

37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Amen, Jesus Himself taught election and special redemption in these very words..

It is very evident from this portion of the Word of God, that the Love Gift of the Father is not all humanity. This is corroborated in Jn 17:6

We find throughout the whole chapter of Jn 17 who these special people people are who the Father gave unto the Son. They are those given to Jesus Christ out of the world per Jn 17:6

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

In another place Jesus is saying I will declare thy name to my brethren per Heb 2:12

Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

Those that have been singled out of the world, not because of their own freewill, repenting and believing, or doing and working, or anything that man does or think. They have been set apart by the Sovereign, electing, and discriminating eternal purpose of God, from everlasting.

They have been under Gods everlasting purpose of mercy from everlasting to everlasting PS 103:17

17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Notice, this mercy is not for all mankind, but for those who Fear Him.

And fearing Him is not a condition of this mercy, but as a result of it. for none feared God from everlasting of themselves.

So this speaks to eternal election in their Head, the Lord Jesus Christ whom is from everlasting.2

Comment

• God says that their is a special people He calls, which is a remnant according to the election of grace, predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son [ their elder brother], and its them so predestined that He calls, Justifies, and glorifies, so who can lay anything to the charge of Gods elect ?

Comment

• Preaching The Whole Counsel of God

Acts 20:27

27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

For I never shrank or kept back or fell short from declaring to you the whole purpose and plan and counsel of God

For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God.

Paul wrote this in the context of Preaching the gospel of Gods Grace vs

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Notice the words in vs 27 Hesitate, shrank, and shunned.

These words are used because Paul was not scared to preach the difficult doctrines of the Gospel which He knew Men by nature would cavil, reject and criticize and contradict..

Gospel Truths like election and reprobation and Gods Sovereignty therein, i.e

Rom 9:11

11Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God's purpose in election might stand: 12not by works but by him who calls—she was told, "The older will serve the younger."[d] 13Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."[e]

14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For he says to Moses,

"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,

and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."

18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?"

20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'

"21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

22What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction?

What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory—

The fact of the matter is this, One cannot preach the Gospel if they are not preaching all the counsel of God, even those portions that the natural man cannot believe or accept.

Thats God not only, before the world began, selected a multitude that no man can number to inherit Glory, but that God also selected a multitude of people, perhaps even larger, to inherit shame and eternal destruction.

That God has not only appointed some to obtain salvation but some to wrath..

1 Thess 5:9

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

You see that ? Paul says, God has not appointed us to wrath, meaning in contrast to others He has appointed to wrath which are the vessels of wrath. 2

Comment

• Another Facet of Gospel Preaching !

Matt 28:19-20

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Many use this passage to derive a formula for water baptism, but thats not my intention.

But I do know that teaching is prominent in this passage, and the Triunity of the Godhead is set forth, and for that it has soteriological significance.

The disciples were sent to teach, to instruct in doctrine.

One of the Main proponents in salvation doctrine, is that salvation is a joint contrivance of all the sacred persons in the Godhead, according to ancient arrangement of the everlasting covenant.

The Father planned it [ salvation] in this covenant, The Son, The Word Made flesh, engaged to execute it, and the Holy Ghost engaged to render it effectual to all the heirs of promise..Heb 1:14

14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Knowledge of this everlasting covenant is imperative for God Honoring Gospel preaching.

And God shews this covenant to all the heirs of salvation

Ps 25:14

14The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

2 sam 23:5

Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

Peter opens up one of His Epistles with the Triunity in Salvation 1 Pet 1:1-2

1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Comment

• Eternal Union a Gospel Truth cont

The Eternal Union of Jesus Christ and His People is Made manifest in time. Jesus Christ as the Living Head of His members was Prophet, King, and Priest unto God in their behalf.We also, by His redeeming death and blood, are in time made unto God priest and kings per Rev 1:5-6

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

We the elect, did not make ourselves kings and priests unto God, not our freewill, or our choice did this or determined this, but this is a spiritual blessing bestowed upon us according to having been chosen in Christ before the foundation. Eph 1:3-4

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,
              that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Again Jesus Christ made us [ the elect] unto Kings and Priests:

Rev 5:9-10

9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Now the word made both here and Rev 1: 6 is the greek word:

poieō which means:

with the names of things made, to produce, construct, form, fashion
              Amen Jesus Christ through His blood work authors, ,produces, forms us, the elect into what we are, Kings and Priest as He himself is..so its only befitting that the members be images of the Head.

The word made also means:
              to be the authors of, the cause
              Hence, through His blood, He is the Author, the cause of our Faith.
              Certainly a priest of God has Faith in God.
              This is because of an Eternal Union the elect had in Jesus Christ before the world began, this is a Gospel Truth.

Comment

• The Gospel promise to abraham !

oft times when one is asked to define the gospel of Jesus Christ, they get as a response 1 Cor 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Which of course is a scriptural component of the True Gospel, though not understood by most who reference it.

But here also is another important component of the Gospel message, and that's the same gospel as preached by God to Abraham:

Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The promise God gave Abraham " In you shall all the nations be blessed" was the gospel of Jesus Christ:

Gen 12:3

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Acts 3:25

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Notice here in the above scripture, peter calls it a covenant and in Gal 3:8 its [the promise] is called the gospel..

Now this gospel was preached to Abraham, and given to him to believe, not only before the actual time accomplishments of Jesus Christ, but also before the giving of the law on mt sinai for we read in Romans 4:11-17

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath

: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Now, what God promised Abraham corresponds with what God accomplished through Jesus Christ, which is the fulfillment of the promise to Abraham. Acts 13:32-33

32And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers [ Abraham],

33God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children [children of promise, both jew and gentile], in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Hence, the New testament dispensation is a continuum of Gods faithful dealing with the promise He made to Abraham in the OT Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

This promise has nothing to do with the law of moses

From the above perspective. the gentiles also are the seed of Abraham, and the seed of Abraham is Israel, not Israel of the flesh, but Israel of promise. 2

Comment

• slain from the foundation !

Rev 13:8

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world

Look at these words here inspired by the Holy Ghost through His servant John " The lamb slain from the foundation of the world"

This scripture tells us that Jesus Christ blood was shed decretorial from the foundation, and actually when Christ died upon the cross in time. The question is, is there any difference in Gods perspective, which is eternal, as to when to declare them not guilty for whom Christ was slain for their sins and in their stead.

That Christ was the lamb slain from before the foundation shows that God in precreation, eternity, did impute the sins of the elect world unto Christ Judicially. Therefore decretorial received by imputation the sins of the elect [ the many brethren] before all creation, and this of course makes certain of the elects existence in time, in order to commit the sins that had been laid upon Jesus Christ. The Father gave all the election of grace unto the Son before the foundation of the world [ see Jn 17:2 & Heb 2:13]

and so this inevitably meant their existence in time to display His saving grace, this made certain the lives of the elect in time, certain in our natural state.

Paul speaks to this in Acts 17:26

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation..

The very fact that Christ came out of heaven to die for sins, is proof positive, that in a real decretorial sense, our sins [ the elect] had been imputed unto Him already, again He was slain from the foundation of the world.

This is a Gospel Truth in the lines of 2 Tim 1:9-10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 2

Comment

• Bringing life and immortality to light through the gospel

2 Tim 1:8-10

8Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Paul says that the preaching of the gospel is life unto life and death unto death 2 Cor 2:16

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

What does it mean, life unto life ? That is all that the Father elected, the Son died for and rose, The Holy Ghost sent by and for the Son quickens to life Jn 6:63

63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life

The spirit quickens to life all those the Son redeemed from death through His blood, and the gospel calls these quickened ones to belief in their redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ, and in this way the gospel brings to light immortality and life. Spiritual life preceeds the fruits of it, such as faith, repentance or good works. This is one of the purposes of the Gospel, to make manifest those who have been made recipients of or given eternal life..

Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him

He that is believing on the Son, hath been quickened, and hath eternal life..

Believing in the Son therefore makes manifest that Jesus on your behalf abolished death, all death, even spiritual death only spiritual death blinds the mind from believing in christ.2 Cor 4:3-4

3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not

But this cannot be True of the ones whom Jesus through His death, destroyed the works of the devil for 1 Jn 3:8

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Now, if one dies lost in unbelief, its obvious that Jesus Christ did not abolish death and the works of the devil for them , and consequently, the gospel, instead of bringing immortality and life to light, brings forth condemnation and death.3

Comment

• 2 Cor 5:19

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Paul in the gospel that He preached, reminds the Corinthians believers, that God was in Christ reconciling the World [ Jew and Gentile Elect] to Himself NOT IMPUTING THEIR TRESPASSES UNTO THEM !

My question is, when was God in Christ doing this ?

Was it while Christ was hanging on the cross, pouring His soul out unto death , when darkness covered the land for those 3 momentous hours ?

Or could it have been before this grand historical event in time ?

What was God the Father doing when He set up His own Son as Mediator from everlasting ?

Prov 8:22

22The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

When He made the Everlasting Covenant of Grace with Him, in the prospect of having to shed His blood [ Heb 13:20] when there took place a covenant of peace. [ Ezk 37:26] whence there was a covenant of peace established.

Was not God then reconciling His chosen ones to Himself, was it not then that His Son was appointed to bear their sins , which in time they would commit ; and then was it not he was reckoned to be the Lord God our Righteousness ? Did not God then transfer those sins of His people, from them to Him, and then impute His righteousness to them ?

Now many will conclude that God merely purposed to do these things, but however, purposing and doing are the same to God. This principle is seen here in Rom 4:17

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Besides, this was not a matter of exercising His Might or Ability, but an act of His will [desire]. The Non Imputation of sin and the imputation of righteousness, are not acts of His Power, but His will of desire, therefore His desire not to impute sin, is the non imputation of it, and His will to impute righteousness, is the imputation of it.

Comment

• 2 Cor 5:19 cont

For me to suppose that it was a matter of the everlasting covenant that then, God was reconciling the world [ Jn 3:17] to Himself, is not an out of the blue conclusion, for Heb 13:19-20 points to the existence of such a covenant, which was later also known as the new covenant, not because it was new, but because of its propriety over the old covenant with Gods national covenant people , isarael of the flesh.

Heb 7: 22 speaks of Jesus as being the surety of a better covenant Heb 7:22

22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament [covenant].

Which Covenant I believe is the everlasting covenant and later called the New Covenant. He is called the Surety of it because when it was made between Him and the Father [ Holy Ghost as witness] from eternity, He then purposed in His heart to draw nigh unto God, to offer of Himself to Him, as the surety of His people, to bear their sins, and fulfill all righteousness in their stead and behalf, and this agreed with the Fathers will, and He was well pleased with Him. The Father was well pleased and accepted Christ as the surety of all the elect [ of all time under both testaments] see Ps 40 & Heb 10 3

Comment

• Many today have limited the Gospel of Jesus Christ to just those portions of Holy writ that specifically says the gospel i.e 1 Cor 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed

but that is a mistake, yes those portions are indeed Gospel Truth, but they are not exclusively all that the gospel teaches. The Gospel of Jesus Christ or the Kingdom, is also the doctrinal Truths that we find in books of the bible like Romans [chpt 1-11] and Ephesians, the first three chapters, for these are just as much the gospel of Jesus Christ as 1 Cor 15:1-4.

The mistake that many have made is that, they believe those doctrinal truths in those chapters were something new to the recipients, but they were not, for they were actually having the Gospel truths they had heard and received before, reiterated, or rehearsed again.

Those letters were to strengthen and confirm them in what Gospel Truth they had previously heard.

Acts 14:21-22

21And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,

22Confirming the souls of the disciples
                          , and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 18:32

And after he had spent some time there, he departed, and went over all the country of Galatia and Phrygia in order, strengthening all the disciples.

And so that was the reason for many of the letters or epistles, such as Ephesians

Lets look at Eph 1 and see some of the Gospel Truth that Paul preached.

Eph 1:3-6

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

The Gospel Paul preached to Ephesus proclaimed : That the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, has chosen a people for Himself.

And secondly, that He chose them before the foundation of the world was laid.

next, That He chose them that they should be Holy and without blame before Him in Love.

Next:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, [When He chose us in Him] according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

In these few verses, Paul rehearses His Gospel and states:

Election or being chosen in Christ

The early date of this choice

The goal or purpose of this choice, to be holy and without blame before Him in Love.

The predestination of them chosen, and what they had been predestined to,

And that they had been made accepted to God, in the Beloved.

Now is not that good news ? 3

Comment

• Romans 8:29-30

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Paul's gospel he preached declared that there is a People that God foreknew

This word foreknow does not mean fore watch or to fore observe as to what mens actions would be before hand, as if God did not already know them, since He decreed their actions in the first place, but the word denotes an intimacy of knowing.

Its made up of Two greek words: The first is pro which simply means before.

The second is :ginōskō which means:

) to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel

a) to become known

2) to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of

a) to understand

b) to know

3) Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman

4) to become acquainted with, to know

In the NT ginosko frequently indicates a relation between the person "knowing" and the object known; in this respect, what is "known" is of value or importance to the one who knows, and hence the establishment of the relationship, e.g., especially of God's "knowledge," Cor 8:3, "if any man love God, the same is known of Him;" Gal 4:9, "to be known of God;" here the "knowing" suggests approval and bears the meaning "to be approved;" so in 2Ti 2:19; cp. Jhn 10:14, 27; Gen 18:19; Nah 1:7;

And when we understand the word to be used as to those whom God knows in a approving manner, it is because He knew them intimately because of their relationship with their Head, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now this type of knowing before is not common to all the sons of men, because as we shall see, Jesus says to some in the day of Judgment, even though they were seemingly committed to His cause and sustained a relationship with Him, He shall yet say to them Matt 7:22-23

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Its the same greek word for know, minus the pro which means before.

Now Jesus says He never knew them, so we know this is not meaning that He never saw their choices or decisions, for remember, He will Judge them for their sins, but He means He never knew them with approval, He never knew them in a intimate relationship as His members and He their head.

Paul writes again about those foreknown among the Jews as being Gods people rom 11:

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

So Paul's Gospel made clear that there was a People foreknew by God, when others were not.

Comment

• Justification from the Foundation of the world is a Gospel Truth !

Matt 25:34

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you[ Sheep] from the foundation of the world:

Rev 13:8

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It is scriptures like these that informs us that there are a people Justified from Eternity or the foundation before God. A Kingdom has been prepared for them and their names had been written in the lambs book of Life.

Now listen, every God called and sent messenger preaching the Gospel of God, knows this.

Paul knew it from what he wrote here Rom 8:28-30

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Those He foreknew were always Justified before Him !

Peter knew it from 1 Pet 1:1-2

1 Peter 1

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

The Apostle John knew it 1 Jn 5:11

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Before the elect are born, they have been given Eternal Life in the Son, much like before they were born they had been given physical life in Adam.

And therefore these things [ Justification before God, from the foundation] are foundational Gospel truths to be preached:

2 Tim 1:8-10

8Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

What is written in vs 9 comprises the testimony of the Gospel that Paul Preached.

Being in Christ Jesus [according to His own purpose and grace] means Justification, no condemnation ! For there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus Rom 8:1

And that would be the entire elect world who did not have their sins imputed unto them 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation

Thats is the world that Gods eternal Kingdom Kingdom was prepared for Matt 25:34 and its the world that, whose names were written in the lambs book of life Rev 13:8

Those of us who know the Truth have been called to witness to it Matt 24:14, and contend for it Jude:

3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Suffer ridicule for it 2 Tim 1:8

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Until the end !

Comment

• Defending the Gospel

I by the grace of God will defend this gospel doctrine. At the outset I must declare that the foundation of Justification before God, is the righteousness of Jesus Christ. His obedience and righteousness declares those He died for righteous / Justified before God:

Rom 5:18-19

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I already know that many adversaries to this gospel doctrine will vehemently proclaim that the believer is justified by faith, of which I answer, I agree Rom 5:1, but its of utmost importance to understand what that means and what it does not mean, lest we find ourselves proclaiming in a subtle fashion, justification by works, which is a damnable heresy.

For satan has been clever in turning the truth into a lie. For his minsters are very well learned in the scripture and ethics and morality 2 Cor 11:14-15

14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

perhaps even having attended some of the more reputable bible colleges and seminaries, and have obtained credentials that have won the applause of men.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X