Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What is the Gospel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I wasn't gonna go there.
    Who is getting a beating, being left flabbergasted, with no answers to queries, running away?

Comment

I wasn't gonna go there.
      Ah - but look at what he said about himself.

The same ones you are taking the lead from!
      And of course, such a one will certainly misidentify others.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Prove it. Shed light on what receiving the Holy Spirit means, in your own experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by footwasher View Post
          Who is getting a beating, being left flabbergasted, with no answers to queries, running away?
          Ah, gone back to that silly "running away" nonsense. You tried that before, and I'm still here, Junior.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ah, gone back to that silly "running away" nonsense. You tried that before, and I'm still here, Junior.
            With no words to express your 'receiving of the Holy Spirit'. No explanation, never happened.

You are here in a nominative way. You are just using up oxygen.
            Last edited by footwasher; 09-24-2021, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Prove it. Shed light on what receiving the Holy Spirit means, in your own experience.
              You have identified yourself with your own words, Scevason.

Receiving the Holy Spirit results in being opposed by those who love the world, being accused by false brothers, empowerment to overcome sin, and authorisation to become a son of God. That it just a start of the implications of receiving the Holy Spirit.

One of the other implications of receiving the Holy Spirit is that the recipient gets to preach gospel with actual power.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

He seems to have a lot more in common with ... um....

Scripture Verse: Rev 12:10

...for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You have identified yourself with your own words, Scevason.

Receiving the Holy Spirit results in being opposed by those who love the world, being accused by false brothers, empowerment to overcome sin, and authorisation to become a son of God. That it just a start of the implications of receiving the Holy Spirit.

One of the other implications of receiving the Holy Spirit is that the recipient gets to preach gospel with actual power.
                  Not even close.

Heb 6
                  4It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age— 6and then have fallen away—to be restored to repentance, because they themselves are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting Him to open shame.

it builds up your faith, courage, because you need it to enter Rest.

Num 14
                  24But as for My servant Caleb, because he has had a different spirit and has followed Me fully, I will bring him into the land which he entered, and his descendants shall take possession of it.

Only in the Kingdom can you unpack Scripture and manifest the presence of God, His finger, with you, leading to subduing the world, in turn gaining treasure that does not rust or perish, eternal treasure!

John 3
                  2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs You are doing if God were not with him.”

3Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.a

And again, it's resistible.
                  Last edited by footwasher; 09-24-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Not even close.
                    If you believe that you are a know-nothing appointing himself as a teacher.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

With no words to express your 'receiving of the Holy Spirit'. No explanation, never happened.

You are here in a nominative way.
                      Sure, Junior. Whatever you say.

Comment

He seems to have a lot more in common with ... um....

Scripture Verse: Rev 12:10

...for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

© Copyright Original Source

You're judging me?

Comment

Sure, Junior. Whatever you say.
                          More waste of oxygen. Try to contribute.

Comment

If you believe that you are a know-nothing appointing himself as a teacher.
                            Instead of ad Homs, address the argument. Show that you have some substance.

And try not to miss the point, again: it's not my teaching, I'm not taking credit for it. That being the whole point of the exercise:

Deuteronomy 3250Then you are to die on the mountain where you ascend, and be gathered to your people, as Aaron your brother died on Mount Hor and was gathered to his people, 51because you broke faith with Me in the midst of the sons of Israel at the waters of Meribah-kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin, because you did not treat Me as holy in the midst of the sons of Israel. 52For you will see the land at a distance but you will not go there, into the land which I am giving the sons of Israel.”
                            Last edited by footwasher; 09-24-2021, 09:23 PM.

Comment

More waste of oxygen. Try to contribute.
                              I'll tell you what, Junior.... Since you're smarter than God and have all these other posters hanging on every word you say, amening you, and agreeing with all your little delusions, I'll step aside, and you can pretend I ran away because you're so incredibly awesome.

Buhbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by cow poke View Post

i'll tell you what, junior.... Since you're smarter than god and have all these other posters hanging on every word you say, amening you, and agreeing with all your little delusions, i'll step aside, and you can pretend i ran away because you're so incredibly awesome.

Buhbye.
                                qed
                                Good call. At least you're not a waste of space anymore. Too bad it only takes delusions to drive you away. Just imagine what happens when Truth makes its appearance.

Acts 19
                                13But also some of the Jewish exorcists, who went from place to place, attempted to [f]use the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had the evil spirits, saying, “I order you in the name of Jesus whom Paul preaches!” 14Now there were seven sons of [g]Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, doing this. 15But the evil spirit responded and said to them, “I recognize Jesus, and I know of Paul, but who are you?” 16And the man in whom was the evil spirit, pounced on them and subdued all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. 17This became known to all who lived in Ephesus, both Jews and Greeks; and fear fell upon them all and the name of the Lord Jesus was being magnified.

Matt 7
                                23And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; LEAVE ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESS
                                Last edited by footwasher; 09-24-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X