Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Repentance is the Gift Of God !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post

    You still dont see it !
    If you were a Jew you won't believe immediately. It is a very serious commandment, not to worship anybody except God the Father.

    Do you really not know what the Shema is?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by footwasher View Post

      If you were a Jew you won't believe immediately. It is a very serious commandment, not to worship anybody except God the Father.

      Do you really not know what the Shema is?
      You still dont get it. Paul hated jews also that believed in Christ. Who do you think Paul was breathing out threats and slaughters to in Acts 9:1

      And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

      Comment


      • Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post

        You still dont get it. Paul hated jews also that believed in Christ. Who do you think Paul was breathing out threats and slaughters to in Acts 9:1

        And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
        You don't understand. Jesus was claiming to be equal to God.This was a very serious sin for Jews. Faithful Jews had to act. It is clearly written in the Old Testament.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by footwasher View Post

          You don't understand. Jesus was claiming to be equal to God.This was a very serious sin for Jews. Faithful Jews had to act. It is clearly written in the Old Testament.
          You still dont get it. Paul when Saul hatd Christ and Christians who followed Him, He persecuted the Church.. Then He had a change of mind and began to Love Christ and Christians who followed Christ. He was given repentance !

          Comment


          • Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post

            You still dont get it. Paul when Saul hatd Christ and Christians who followed Him, He persecuted the Church.. Then He had a change of mind and began to Love Christ and Christians who followed Christ. He was given repentance !
            How can Paul hate Christ when he never met him? He was in Tarsus, which is in Turkey. Even Peter and the other disciples were tempted several times, to leave Jesus. It requires time and experience to develop trust and love. Paul had neither seen nor had time to spend with Jesus.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by footwasher View Post

              How can Paul hate Christ when he never met him? He was in Tarsus, which is in Turkey. Even Peter and the other disciples were tempted several times, to leave Jesus. It requires time and experience to develop trust and love. Paul had neither seen nor had time to spend with Jesus.
              You just dont get it. Who asked Saul why persecutest me ? Acts 9:1-5

              And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

              2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

              3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

              4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

              5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post

                You just dont get it. Who asked Saul why persecutest me ? Acts 9:1-5

                And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

                2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

                3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

                4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

                5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
                It's the same reasoning. Paul didn't even know who he was persecuting!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by footwasher View Post

                  It's the same reasoning. Paul didn't even know who he was persecuting!
                  You still dont get it, even when its written right in front of you !

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post

                    You still dont get it, even when its written right in front of you !
                    How can you hate someone you don't know?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by footwasher View Post

                      How can you hate someone you don't know?
                      I just showed you, and you dont get it ! Saul of tarsus hated Christ and his followers and persecuted them. Acts 9

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post

                        I just showed you, and you dont get it ! Saul of tarsus hated Christ and his followers and persecuted them. Acts 9
                        If he hated Christ, why couldn't he recognise Him when He appeared?

                        Why did Jesus say that Paul was persecuting Him, when Paul was really persecuting the Church?

                        Why did Paul hate the Church?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by footwasher View Post

                          If he hated Christ, why couldn't he recognise Him when He appeared?

                          Why did Jesus say that Paul was persecuting Him, when Paul was really persecuting the Church?

                          Why did Paul hate the Church?
                          You still dont get it !

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post

                            You still dont get it !
                            Since you don't know the answers, I will give them.

                            If he hated Christ, why couldn't he recognise Him when He appeared?

                            Because he never hated Christ. He couldn't hate someone he never met.

                            Why did Jesus say that Paul was persecuting Him, when Paul was really persecuting the Church?

                            Because the Church was following what He taught them.

                            Why did Paul hate the Church?

                            Because he loved God, and God said to keep His People pure. When Phineas killed the Israelite who was sleeping with a Canaanite woman, God praised him, and the disaster that was falling on Israel was stopped. Paul thought that persecuting the Church was like that. He felt if he kept Israel pure by destroying the Church, which was teaching the command to follow Jesus, he felt it was a step to prevent Israel from worshipping other gods.

                            Num 25.1While Israel remained at Shittim, the people began to commit infidelity with the daughters of Moab. 2For they invited the people to the sacrifices of their gods, and the people ate and bowed down to their gods. 3So Israel [a]became followers of [b]Baal of Peor, and the LORD was angry with Israel. 4And the LORD said to Moses, “Take all the leaders of the people and [c]execute them [d]in broad daylight before the LORD, so that the fierce anger of the LORD may turn away from Israel.” 5So Moses said to the judges of Israel, “Each of you kill his men who have [e]become followers of [f]Baal of Peor.”


                            Only when Jesus taught him He was God, gave him a new revelation, only then did Paul stop persecuting the Church. So Paul was not a hater of God, he was ignorant. He was not sinning, but making mistake. Do we punish people or children who make mistakes? No-oooh! We tell them what is correct.

                            So God did not give Paul repentance. He gave him a new revelation.

                            Galatians 1.12For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
                            Last edited by footwasher; 06-21-2021, 10:20 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by footwasher View Post

                              Since you don't know the answers, I will give them.

                              If he hated Christ, why couldn't he recognise Him when He appeared?

                              Because he never hated Christ. He couldn't hate someone he never met.

                              Why did Jesus say that Paul was persecuting Him, when Paul was really persecuting the Church?

                              Because the Church was following what He taught them.

                              Why did Paul hate the Church?

                              Because he loved God, and God said to keep His People pure. When Phineas killed the Israelite who was sleeping with a Canaanite woman, God praised him, and the disaster that was falling on Israel was stopped. Paul thought that persecuting the Church was like that. He felt if he kept Israel pure by destroying the Church, which was teaching the command to follow Jesus, he felt it was a step to prevent Israel from worshipping other gods.

                              Only when Jesus taught him He was God, gave him a new revelation, only then did Paul stop persecuting the Church. So Paul was not a hater of God, he was ignorant. He was not sinning, but making mistake. Do we punish people or children who make mistakes? No-oooh! We tell them what is correct.

                              So God did not give Paul repentance. He gave him a new revelation.
                              You have the answer right in front of you in black and white Acts 9 and you dont get it !

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post

                                You have the answer right in front of you in black and white Acts 9 and you dont get it !
                                Paul never met Jesus, so how could he hate Him? It's very clear that he hated the Church for following Jesus, and when he LATER got a revelation from Jesus that He was God, he stopped hating it.

                                Where is the mistake in this answer?

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by footwasher, 07-18-2021, 12:51 AM
                                11 responses
                                61 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tabibito  
                                Started by Cow Poke, 03-23-2021, 02:41 PM
                                18 responses
                                171 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DesertBerean  
                                Started by footwasher, 03-14-2021, 12:55 PM
                                23 responses
                                196 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post footwasher  
                                Started by brightfame52, 12-27-2020, 11:50 AM
                                381 responses
                                1,347 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post brightfame52  
                                Started by Hornet, 08-31-2020, 12:22 AM
                                218 responses
                                1,079 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Dave L
                                by Dave L
                                 
                                Working...
                                X