Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave L View Post

This is not true. Show from scripture where it says people spoke in tongues. It was only during the two outpourings or after an apostle laid hands on them. You are adding to scripture in your present claims.
    Can't you read? Both Scripture quotes shows people spoke in tongues without any laying of hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by footwasher View Post

Can't you read? Both Scripture quotes shows people spoke in tongues without any laying of hands.
      Where?

Comment

Where?

Comment

Quote the scriptures and I will show you where you are wrong.

Comment

Put the scriptures in quotes and I'll show you where you are missing the message.

Comment

Put the scriptures in quotes and I'll show you where you are missing the message.
              Acts 2.1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues a as the Spirit enabled them.
              Acts 10.44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the [ae]message. 45All the [af]Jewish believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had also been poured out on the Gentiles. 46For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God. Then Peter responded, 47“Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?” 48And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Comment

The 12 Apostles were the only ones there. As I said, besides the 2 outpourings, the baptism and gifts came only through their hands. The 120 was a different time and place.

The people heard the 12 apostles speaking in tongues.

Comment

The 12 Apostles were the only ones there. As I said, besides the 2 outpourings, the baptism and gifts came only through their hands. The 120 was a different time and place.

The people heard the 12 apostles speaking in tongues.
                  You can't prove that there were only 12 people. Fail. Bad theology, bad reasoning, bad teaching.

Comment

You can't prove that there were only 12 people. Fail. Bad theology, bad reasoning, bad teaching.

This was not the 120. But the 12 only.

1“But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:” Acts 2:14 (KJV 1900) “For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.” Acts 2:15 (KJV 1900)

Comment

This was not the 120. But the 12 only.

1“But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:” Acts 2:14 (KJV 1900) “For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.” Acts 2:15 (KJV 1900)
                      Sure all the Apostles stood up, but there is no proof the 120 were not with them.

Your views are inadequate, will land you in trouble, you will be hearing Christ say, "I never knew you". It's like buying a smartphone or a car that is a lemon, but at least you know that it doesn't work and you can switch. Here you are waiting for the afterlife to find out your fault, when it's also clear from Scripture that your Gospel should be seen to to be the true Gospel in this life, and not a lemon too. Better switch, bro, before it's too late.

Comment

Sure all the Apostles stood up, but there is no proof the 120 were not with them.

Your views are inadequate, will land you in trouble, you will be hearing Christ say, "I never knew you". It's like buying a smartphone or a car that is a lemon, but at least you know that it doesn't work and you can switch. Here you are waiting for the afterlife to find out your fault, when it's also clear from Scripture that your Gospel should be seen to to be the true Gospel in this life, and not a lemon too. Better switch, bro, before it's too late.

“These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)” Acts 1:14–15 (KJV 1900) “Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.” Acts 1:16 (KJV 1900)

Notice the past tense.

“But Peter, standing up with the eleven [all men], lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these [men] are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;” Acts 2:14–16 (KJV 1900)

Present Tense.

And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles. And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they [the Apostles] were all with one accord in one place.” Acts 1:26–2:1 (KJV 1900)

Comment

“These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)” Acts 1:14–15 (KJV 1900) “Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.” Acts 1:16 (KJV 1900)

Notice the past tense.

“But Peter, standing up with the eleven [all men], lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these [men] are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;” Acts 2:14–16 (KJV 1900)

Present Tense.

And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles. And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they [the Apostles] were all with one accord in one place.” Acts 1:26–2:1 (KJV 1900)
                          Notice it never says that the Holy Spirit was given ONLY to the Eleven Apostles as you claim.

Notice it NEVER mentions laying on of hands.

Besides in Acts 10, CORNELIUS'S GROUP RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT EVEN BEFORE THEY HAD HANDS LAYED ON THEM.

This is like the rest of your theology, jumping to conclusions, desperate grasping at straws...

While what I said occurs several times through Scripture.

Hear with belief, receive the faith creatingi ministry of the Holy Spirit.

Drink rain, produce green vegetation, become born again, have a different spirit, see the Kingdom.

Hear with belief, perfect your faith, enter the Kingdom, receive gifts, empowering to pick up crosses, and be raised up by God, so that people will want to come to God.

Happened to Abraham, Caleb and Jesus.

John 12.32If I am lifted up above the earth, I will make everyone want to come to me."
                          Last edited by footwasher; 01-31-2021, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Genesis 22.15Then the angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time from heaven, 16and said, “By Myself I have sworn, declares the LORD, because you have done this thing and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your [f]seed as the stars of the heavens and as the sand, which is on the seashore; and your [g]seed shall possess the gate of [h]their enemies.

Numbers 14:24But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.

Joshua 2:8Before the spies lay down for the night, Rahab went up on the roof 9and said to them, “I know that the LORD has given you this land and that the fear of you has fallen on us, so that all who dwell in the land are melting in fear of you. 10For we have heard how the LORD dried up the waters of the Red Seab before you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to Sihon and Og, the two kings of the Amorites across the Jordan, whom you devoted to destruction.c 11When we heard this, our hearts melted and everyone’s courage failed because of you, for the LORD your God is God in the heavens above and on the earth below.

John 3:1Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; 2this man came to [a]Jesus at night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these [b]signs that You do unless God is with him.” 3Jesus responded and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born [c]again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

​​​​​​Hebrews 11.39And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive [aa]what was promised, 40because God had [ab]provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.
                            Last edited by footwasher; 01-31-2021, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Genesis 22.15Then the angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time from heaven, 16and said, “By Myself I have sworn, declares the LORD, because you have done this thing and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your [f]seed as the stars of the heavens and as the sand, which is on the seashore; and your [g]seed shall possess the gate of [h]their enemies.

James 2.22You see that faith was working with his works, and [o]as a result of the works, faith was [p]perfected; 23and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called a friend of God.

Genesis 22.15Then the angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time from heaven, 16and said, “By Myself I have sworn, declares the LORD, because you have done this thing and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your [f]seed as the stars of the heavens and as the sand, which is on the seashore; and your [g]seed shall possess the gate of [h]their enemies.

James 2.22You see that faith was working with his works, and [o]as a result of the works, faith was [p]perfected; 23and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called a friend of God.

You have to begin with hearing the correct Gospel, like Israel did in the wilderness, but not be like them, who because of unbelief could not enter Rest.

The Gospel

The Kingdom of God has been created and has been amongst men and is ready to be entered. It requires great faith, like that of Jesus, Abraham and Caleb to enter. That great faith can be built up if you believe the works of the Holy Spirit. Which you will see if you hear and believe that God will raise you up if you pick up His Cross.

The Way

The Holy Spirit will be given to those who hear with belief, will do great works by creating problems and then solving them. We must not be like Chorazin and Bethesda, who even when they saw these works did not repent, become meta-noia-ed, born again. For after tasting the Holy Spirit, witnessing the powers of the age to come, there will be no more opportunity to repent, for those who fail the test of obedience. However, if we hear with belief the teachings of the Holy Spirit, we will have a different spirit, and will be allowed entry into the Kingdom.

Luke 12.32Do not be afraid, little flock, because your Father has chosen to give you the kingdom.

Luke 10.17Now the [i]seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us [j]in Your name!” 18And He said to them, “I watched Satan fall from heaven like lightning. 19Behold, I have given you authority to walk on snakes and scorpions, and authority over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. 20Nevertheless, do not [k]rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.”

Strong men have forced their way into the Kingdom.

Today, if you hear His voice...

​​​​​​​

Comment

Notice it never says that the Holy Spirit was given ONLY to the Eleven Apostles as you claim.

Notice it NEVER mentions laying on of hands.

Besides in Acts 10, CORNELIUS'S GROUP RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT EVEN BEFORE THEY HAD HANDS LAYED ON THEM.

This is like the rest of your theology, jumping to conclusions, desperate grasping at straws...

While what I said occurs several times through Scripture.

Hear with belief, receive the faith creatingi ministry of the Holy Spirit.

Drink rain, produce green vegetation, become born again, have a different spirit, see the Kingdom.

Hear with belief, perfect your faith, enter the Kingdom, receive gifts, empowering to pick up crosses, and be raised up by God, so that people will want to come to God.

Happened to Abraham, Caleb and Jesus.

John 12.32If I am lifted up above the earth, I will make everyone want to come to me."
                                Prove that it says the Baptism was given to all. It only says the 12 apostles received it. Cornelius and his house guests, and those the apostles laid hands on. Adding to Scripture is sin.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X