Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post

Do you see what Christs death did here ?
    Are you asking or telling?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

You must know that footwasher is highly unorthodox in his beliefs. He doesn't hold to the tenets of faith that are scripturally sound.

I usually ignore him.
      Understood!

Comment

Originally posted by footwasher View Post

Are you asking or telling?
        Don't you see the question mark ?

Comment

Don't you see the question mark ?
          So you're telling. Well what did Christ's death do there?

;)

Comment

So you're telling. Well what did Christ's death do there?

;)
            Read the thread, its all about what Christs death does to save them He died for. Haven't u paid attention ?

Comment

The Blood/Death of Christ not only legally saved all for whom He died, but it also effects experiential salvation or conversion. Heb 9:12-14

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

"
              How much more shall the blood of Christ purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

You see this ? Its the powerful Blood of Christ that converts them He died for unto serving the living God. That means they shall live by the Faith of Christ unto serving the True and Living God.

1 Thess 1:9

For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

​This is a result of the powerful effectual blood of Christ !15

Comment

The Blood/Death of Christ not only legally saved all for whom He died, but it also effects experiential salvation or conversion. Heb 9:12-14

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

"
                How much more shall the blood of Christ purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

You see this ? Its the powerful Blood of Christ that converts them He died for unto serving the living God. That means they shall live by the Faith of Christ unto serving the True and Living God.

1 Thess 1:9

For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

​This is a result of the powerful effectual blood of Christ !15
                You say that the blood of Christ "effects experiential conversion", "converts them He died for unto serving the living God", which "means they shall live by the Faith of Christ unto serving the True and Living God".

But why are you still sinful?

Why are you still not "living by the faith of Christ, unto serving the True and Living God"?

Comment

You say that the blood of Christ "effects experiential conversion", "converts them He died for unto serving the living God", which "means they shall live by the Faith of Christ unto serving the True and Living God".

But why are you still sinful?

Why are you still not "living by the faith of Christ, unto serving the True and Living God"?
                  Question is personal and rabbit trail away from the point of the post. Do you understand the point ?

Comment

Question is personal and rabbit trail away from the point of the post. Do you understand the point ?
                    Your point is that the conversion is experiential, like a Holy Spirit indwelt person feels warmth, not just understands a doctrine and believes it must have happened because he did the right things.

If you say the elect have an experential conversion, and we assume you are having knowledge of that experience, why don't you explain what it is?

Comment

Your point is that the conversion is experiential, like a Holy Spirit indwelt person feels warmth, not just understands a doctrine and believes it must have happened because he did the right things.

If you say the elect have an experential conversion, and we assume you are having knowledge of that experience, why don't you explain what it is?
                      I did explain it. You not attentive are you ?

Comment

I did explain it. You not attentive are you ?
                        Please explain your personal experiential conversion, how you changed from lying to not lying.
                        Last edited by footwasher; 01-07-2021, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Please explain your personal experiential conversion, how you changed from lying to not lying.
                          When I was 20, the Lord converted me over a period of 3 days. I began telling people that I didn't know what was going on but I think Christ is real and he is dealing with me.

The joy of the Holy Spirit and God's love had become real and excited me. And I didn’t want it to stop but feared that it might. On the evening of the 3rd day my happiness turned into remorse. God convicted me of sins I didn't even know existed. I began praying, sobbing and asking his forgiveness.

I also asked Jesus into my heart. I heard you are supposed to do this, probably as a child in Sunday school. I fell asleep exhausted in tears only to awake the next day absolutely convinced Christ had saved me.

I had never been so excited about anything. I began telling friends and others. I saw a whole string of conversions in and around people I knew. They believed me and wanted in on it too. None of us were churched, so we began experimenting with going to different churches. We and our girls rattled a few churches with our enthusiasm.

Not wanting to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers, I gave up my career and began living the sermon on the mount (Matthew 6:24-34). Seeking first the kingdom of God as a career. To make a long story short, I began working unskilled labor part-time as unto the Lord. And retired early out of my own pocket, never missing a day's work even through two major recessions and job closings. The Lord is faithful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

When I was 20, the Lord converted me over a period of 3 days. I began telling people that I didn't know what was going on but I think Christ is real and he is dealing with me.

The joy of the Holy Spirit and God's love had become real and excited me. And I didn’t want it to stop but feared that it might. On the evening of the 3rd day my happiness turned into remorse. God convicted me of sins I didn't even know existed. I began praying, sobbing and asking his forgiveness.

I also asked Jesus into my heart. I heard you are supposed to do this, probably as a child in Sunday school. I fell asleep exhausted in tears only to awake the next day absolutely convinced Christ had saved me.

I had never been so excited about anything. I began telling friends and others. I saw a whole string of conversions in and around people I knew. They believed me and wanted in on it too. None of us were churched, so we began experimenting with going to different churches. We and our girls rattled a few churches with our enthusiasm.

Not wanting to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers, I gave up my career and began living the sermon on the mount (Matthew 6:24-34). Seeking first the kingdom of God as a career. To make a long story short, I began working unskilled labor part-time as unto the Lord. And retired early out of my own pocket, never missing a day's work even through two major recessions and job closings. The Lord is faithful.
                            Very impressive.

I want to regroup here.

I think the point is to be saved in the way Scripture teaches is important. However, every believer has a different interpretation of what the Bible teaches regarding salvation.

Would you agree that a good way to learn what the Bible teaches is to see if your understanding is repeated in every Bible character's life?

Comment

Very impressive.

I want to regroup here.

I think the point is to be saved in the way Scripture teaches is important. However, every believer has a different interpretation of what the Bible teaches regarding salvation.

Would you agree that a good way to learn what the Bible teaches is to see if your understanding is repeated in every Bible character's life?
                              I believe my experience is typical throughout scripture. That it happens apart from the human will causing the will to react. People call it "supernaturalism" in contrast to "naturalism" which has no supernatural element.

Comment

Not !

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X