Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All for whom Christ died will be born again anew. When He died, those He died for were in union with Him, similar to how when Adam sin and died they died with him because in union with him. And so likewise when Christ was raised from the dead, they in union with Him were raised also with Him, and it will be made evident by giving them also newness of life, or the new birth.

Rom 6:4-5

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Now if we don't believe in this union with Christ, when He died, we died, when He arose with Him in union, then, if we believe in water baptism, that's what we are publicly saying, that we we were in union with Him, as He was our federal representative. And so His resurrection from the dead typifies our sure spiritual resurrection from the dead into newness of life! So blessed are they who have part in the first resurrection!

Comment

• The regeneration of those that Christ died for, is due to Christs resurrection from the dead, Peter writes 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The prep "by" here is dia and means:

: through, throughout, by the instrumentality of, (b) acc: through, on account of, by reason of, for the sake of, because of.

The words begotten us again is the word anagennaó:

/aná, "up, again," which intensifies 1080 /gennáō, "give birth") – properly, born-again or "born from on high."

313 /anagennáō ("born again, from above") is used twice in the NT (1 Pet 1:3,23) – both times referring to God regenerating a believer (giving a supernatural, new birth).

to produce again, beget again, beget anew; metaphorically: τινα, thoroughly to change the mind of one, so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God, 1 Peter 1:3;

Strong's Greek: 313. ἀναγεννάω (anagennaó) -- to beget again
      Thats were our believing comes from, thats part of the newness of life

Christs death put away our sins, hence justice satisfied, new life is given ! 25

Comment

• Christs Death produces Saving results because its the death that effects the Blood of the New Covenant. Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament/covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

This New Covenant Death has promises connected to it, these promises are unconditional, not conditioned on what the recipients [the many] have to meet, For Christ met all the conditions.

Under the Old Covenant, the recipients broke that Covenant Heb 8:7-12

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Jer 31:32

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

So this covenant has no conditions to perform, and its saving because it effects #1 Remission/forgiveness of sins. No conditions, because God has promised to forgive all their sins:

Heb 8:12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

This is the same forgiveness spoken of in Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Comment

• Those for whom Christ died, are ensured of Salvation because He liveth to make intercession for them.

Rom 8:32-34

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Nothing in this chain events has anything to do with what the sinner did.

Those who Christ died for are automatically beneficiaries of His Intercession for them

Isa 53:12

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

If you notice He made intercession for not believers, but transgressors. and why? Because for them He poured out his soul unto death.

The word transgressors mean: to rebel, transgress, revolt

Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

So those He died for, He lives evermore, makes intercession for them, which ensures them being saved to the uttermost.

Therefore, all for whom Christ died, and rose again in behalf of, He intercedes for them, ensuring their conversion. 25

Comment

• Christs Intercession and Advocacy are efficacious benefits for any and all for whom Christ died 1 Jn 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Being a propitiation for our sins is another way of saying He died for us, so He lives to be our Intercessor and Advocate/paraklētos.
            1. one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate
            2. one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor
              1. of Christ in his exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins

He can successfully plea on behalf of those He died for, because the sins they are committing He has satisfied Gods Justice for

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X