Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

System of the Beast makes perfect sense today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you're putting too much emphasis on Presidential politics. Of much more importance is the woke movement. I have read it being described as a religious movement with dogma, priests, moral code, etc. Apparently the only thing it doesn't have is forgiveness. I don't know how much it has spread overseas yet but it may go down as the foundation of the one world religion.

Also, you could argue that wokeness is the driving philosophy of the Biden administration.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      I think you're putting too much emphasis on Presidential politics. Of much more importance is the woke movement. I have read it being described as a religious movement with dogma, priests, moral code, etc. Apparently the only thing it doesn't have is forgiveness. I don't know how much it has spread overseas yet but it may go down as the foundation of the one world religion.

Also, you could argue that wokeness is the driving philosophy of the Biden administration.
      I'm putting emphasis on the "Great Reset" because that's the global plan I believe they're going for. The chief drivers of that plan is the three crisis factor -- economic, climate, and pandemic. As far as the "woke" culture, I'm still not entirely sure how that's going to play into all this, though they do underscore the "equality" canard as part of that plan. I'm just not sure how much of that is actually driving the global plan vs. they're just using it to fool the left and make it seem like it'll work in favor of the masses (the underclasses) instead of a detriment to them. I'm leaning more towards the latter, though I think supernatural forces will definitely use it to continue to torment Christianity and eventually eradicate it on a local level while that global plan is being implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        - Pandemic is here to stay, and even if Covid goes away, a worse pandemic will take its place soon after.
        - Pandemic enforced mandates will not let up either in the US or abroad (if current mandates let up, it will only be replaced with newer mandates -- i.e. mandatory vaccine, immunization verification, etc.).
        - Biden will resort to executive order to enforce radical ("reset") multilateral policies and reforms (assuming the Dems don't get a senate majority).
        - Political division and conflict will worsen.
        - Economy will worsen (especially for the lower classes).
        - Social unrest will worsen.
        - Biden will use executive orders to try and regain order in the US as a result of increased social unrest.
        - Digital verification immunization will come to the forefront in discussions and debates (and how to specifically deal with the constitutional aspects of it being mandatory).
        - Digital currency will also become predominant (with much scoffing in the MSM about public paranoia of the "the mark of the beast").
        Just google "immunization passports" or "covid passports" and you'll find articles all over the internet. The subject is now mainstream, with some countries even already implementing it. Since I'm now more than confident this will happen in the US easily in the next four years...

Check, check, check, and check.

Vaccine Passports, Covid’s Next Political Flash Point

The next major flash point over coronavirus response has already provoked cries of tyranny and discrimination in Britain, protests in Denmark, digital disinformation in the United States and geopolitical skirmishing within the European Union.
        The subject of debate: vaccine passports — government-issued cards or smartphone badges stating that the bearer has been inoculated against the coronavirus.
        The idea is to allow families to reunite, economies to restart and hundreds of millions of people who have received a shot to return to a degree of normalcy, all without spreading the virus. Some versions of the documentation might permit bearers to travel internationally. Others would allow entry to vaccinated-only spaces like gyms, concert venues and restaurants.
        While such passports are still hypothetical in most places, Israel became the first to roll out its own last week, capitalizing on its high vaccination rate. Several European countries are considering following. President Biden has asked federal agencies to explore options. And some airlines and tourism-reliant industries and destinations expect to require them.

Dividing the world between the vaccinated and unvaccinated raises daunting political and ethical questions. Vaccines go overwhelmingly to rich countries and privileged racial groups within them. Granting special rights for the vaccinated, while tightening restrictions on the unvaccinated, risks widening already-dangerous social gaps.

Vaccine skepticism, already high in many communities, shows signs of spiking if shots become seen as government-mandated. Plans also risk exacerbating Covid nationalism: sparring among nations to advance their citizens’ self-interest over global good.

“Immunity passports promise a way to go back to a more normal social and economic life,” Nicole Hassoun and Anders Herlitz, who study public health ethics, wrote in Scientific American. But with vaccines distributed unequally by race, class and nationality, “it is not obvious that they are ethical.”

Still, there are clear upsides: grandparents reuniting with out-of-town grandchildren; sports, concerts and other events partly but safely returning; resumption of international travel and some tourism; businesses reopened without putting workers at undue risk.

All of that is why, Drs. Hassoun and Herlitz wrote, vaccine documents “may be inevitable.”
        Just as a side note, I find it interesting that the main discussion they're using is "inequality." Not one time did they mention issues with the Constitution or civil liberties in that article. I admittedly didn't expect that and thought the latter would be the predominant debate. But looking at it from that perspective, it's actually pretty brilliant that they're making it about "inequality." 1) It perfectly aligns with our current culture, and 2) it controls the debate, which ends up being a net benefit for the acceptance of vax passports, because the inequality is an issue that can easily be solved with government intervention, and takes the focus off the REAL debate, which is how it potentially violates our civil liberties.

Comment

- Digital currency will also become predominant (with much scoffing in the MSM about public paranoia of the "the mark of the beast").
          I won't necessarily "check" this just yet, though it's definitely a teaser...

The Federal Reserve is pushing ahead with its study into whether to implement its own digital currency and will be releasing a paper on the issue shortly, Chairman Jerome Powell said Wednesday. No decision has been made on the matter yet, he added, and said the Fed does not feel pressured to do something quickly as other nations move forward with their own projects.

"I think it's important that we get to a place where we can make an informed decision about this and do so expeditiously," Powell said at his post-meeting news conference. "I don't think we're behind. I think it's more important to do this right than to do it fast."
          Powell added the Fed is "working proactively to evaluate whether to issue a CBDC, and if so in what form."
          Establishing a digital dollar has been on the Fed's radar for more than a year, and it announced in May it would launch a deeper examination into the issue with a paper to follow.
          The Boston Fed has taken point on the project, joining with MIT in an initiative on whether the central bank should establish its own digital coin targeted at making the payments system more effective. Fed Governor Lael Brainard has been a strong advocate of the effort, though several other officials, including Vice Chair for Supervision Randal Quarles, have cast doubts.
          Advocates such as Brainard say a central bank digital currency's benefits include getting payments quickly to people in times of crisis and also providing services to the unbanked.

"We think it's really important that the central bank maintain a stable currency and payments system for the public's benefit. That's one of our jobs," Powell said. He noted the "transformational innovation" in the area of digital payments and said the Fed is continuing to do work on the matter, including its own FedNow system expected to go online in 2023.
          I do have a theory how it might be implemented, and I think it might be tied to a major bitcoin crisis, but I won't get into that. It's definitely going to be tied to the pandemic and future stimulus and bail-outs, that I know for sure.

So far here's how we've done within just the first year...

- Pandemic is here to stay, and even if Covid goes away, a worse pandemic will take its place soon after.
          Absolute check.

Even though the country is getting testy and jaded with all this, they're never going to stop pushing their agenda with continued fearmongering about the so-called "variants."

- Pandemic enforced mandates will not let up either in the US or abroad (if current mandates let up, it will only be replaced with newer mandates -- i.e. mandatory vaccine, immunization verification,
          Check.

- Biden will resort to executive order to enforce radical ("reset") multilateral policies and reforms (assuming the Dems don't get a senate majority).
          Absolute check (though even I didn't think Biden would be this brazen.

- Political division and conflict will worsen.
          Check, though I think most of us knew the division wouldn't get any better.

- Economy will worsen (especially for the lower classes).
          Still to be determined, though the signs already show things ain't looking pretty -- and will get a lot worse as inflation takes its toll.

- Social unrest will worsen.
          Still to be determined.

- Biden will use executive orders to try and regain order in the US as a result of increased social unrest.
          Still to be determined, though as we've all seen so far, Biden is an EO-monger, so this is a sure thing as the latter two situations get worse.

- Digital verification immunization will come to the forefront in discussions and debates (and how to specifically deal with the constitutional aspects of it being mandatory).
          Absolute check.

Still to be determined.

5-9 so far.

Comment

Digital currency will also become predominant (with much scoffing in the MSM about public paranoia of the "the mark of the beast").
            We're getting close.

Though it's possible 2024 may be iffy and a bit early for the USD to be implemented and adopted this way...

Perhaps we're about to enter an economic catastrophe (extremely plausible at this point) so severe that it will rapidly thrust open the door to this technology as some type of US government solution -- a type of economic bail-out or rescue plan?

But we'll see. At some point, whether before 2024 or after, it's going to happen.

As I said earlier, even if you're not a futurist, this should be disconcerting to you, especially to you as a conservative. Let me reiterate why this should be disconcerting...

It's a double whammy. If commerce becomes entirely digital, the type of centralized power and control that will allow for even greater leaps towards these "reset" goals will be unprecedented. I think it goes without saying how oppressive such a system will end up being, especially in light of the fact the goals being pushed align with leftist progressivism (at least on the surface) and a very secular ideology which is typically hostile and downright intolerant of Christian beliefs and values.

Think of it this way: If the world was successfully forced into sheltering in place, mask wearing, social distancing compliance, and social events like church gatherings forcibly shuttered or disrupted out of fear alone, imagine how easy it will be to steer the populace into compliance once a monetary digital system is in place and it's centralized. Don't comply, then we shut off your means to eat, simple as that. There certainly may be legal barriers to this, but there is no constitutional provision that allows government bodies to force the populace to shelter in place either, and yet they did it, and we followed suit.

It doesn't even really have to be instituted with brute governmental force at first because it could happen just from the pressure of practical necessity, followed by a gradual phase-out of traditional transactions. Stores and companies (at least the ones left standing in the pandemic aftermath) stop accepting cash in the name of keeping their customers and patrons safe from the pandemic for example, then you're options are suddenly limited. Government provides a means to access this digital currency apparatus for those who can't and thus it gradually becomes more and more practical and less menacing, then eventually moves from practical to mandatory.
            Last edited by seanD; 07-19-2022, 06:51 PM.

Comment

We're getting close.

Though it's possible 2024 may be iffy and a bit early for the USD to be implemented and adopted this way...

Perhaps we're about to enter an economic catastrophe (extremely plausible at this point) so severe that it will rapidly thrust open the door to this technology as some type of US government solution -- a type of economic bail-out or rescue plan?

But we'll see. At some point, whether before 2024 or after, it's going to happen.

As I said earlier, even if you're not a futurist, this should be disconcerting to you, especially to you as a conservative. Let me reiterate why this should be disconcerting...

And then following right in the heels of the above, where "official" voices introduce and endorse CBDCs, we have the Biden admin present the federal and legal framework...

White House Releases 'First Ever' Comprehensive Crypto Regulatory Framework

The White House has published a legal framework for engaging with bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in the U.S. following a “whole of government” executive order (E.O.) from President Joe Biden earlier this year, per an official press release.

The “Ensuring Responsible Development of Digital Assets” E.O. called on government agencies to produce varying forms of research regarding consumer privacy and protection, energy usage, and central bank digital currency (CBDC) benefits and risks.

In accordance with the research provided, the White House intends to empower the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) to “aggressively pursue investigations” in the digital asset space.

Additionally, Biden’s administration will push the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to “redouble their efforts to monitor” the ecosystem as it relates to “unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices.”

However, it is unclear what enables the determination of whether or not these agencies will begin monitoring for the aforementioned malicious behavior.

Continuing on, the framework also calls on agencies to begin accepting “instant payment systems,” such as FedNow and the consideration of regulating non bank payment providers.
              Furthermore, the National Science Foundation (NSF) will research “technical and socio-technical disciplines and behavioral economics” in order to understand digital asset ecosystems.
              Following a recent report from the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), the Department of Energy (DoE) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are being tasked with “tracking digital assets’ environmental impacts; developing performance standards as appropriate; and providing local authorities with the tools, resources, and expertise to mitigate environmental harms.”

In addition, the Bank Secrecy Act will be amended to apply to digital assets, leading to larger fines for unlicensed money transfers and stricter enforcement against digital asset service providers.
              Also, the U.S. Treasury department will complete a risk assessment as it relates to decentralized finance (De-Fi).

Finally, Biden’s administration has developed “Policies for a U.S. CBDC System,” which details the government’s priorities as it relates to the release of a digital dollar. However, the release states that “further research is needed”.

Agencies that were chosen to lead the ongoing working group for the research and possible development of a CBDC include the Federal Reserve, the National Economic Council, the National Security Council, the Office of Science and Technology Policy, and the Treasury Department.
              It really is moving pretty quick, so maybe my 2024 target is plausible.

This is what I expect moving forward -- reports and news stories that (in short) will follow in the line of something like this: Crypto technology GOOD; but bitcoin and other unmonitored digital currencies VERY BAD and must be stopped; but regulated central bank digital currencies as an alternative GOOD.

Comment

CBDCs moving at breathtaking speed. Now they're in the testing phase, though it still seems unlikely this will happen before 2024, but we'll see...

New York Innovation Center to Explore Feasibility of Theoretical Payments System Designed to Facilitate and Settle Digital Asset Transactions

NEW YORK – The Federal Reserve Bank of New York today announced that its New York Innovation Center (NYIC) will participate in a proof-of-concept project to explore the feasibility of an interoperable network of central bank wholesale digital money and commercial bank digital money operating on a shared multi-entity distributed ledger.

This U.S. proof-of-concept project is experimenting with the concept of a regulated liability network. It will test the technical feasibility, legal viability, and business applicability of distributed ledger technology to settle the liabilities of regulated financial institutions through the transfer of central bank liabilities.

"The NYIC looks forward to collaborating with members of the banking community to advance research on asset tokenization and the future of financial market infrastructures in the U.S. as money and banking evolve," said Per von Zelowitz, Director of the New York Innovation Center.

As part of this 12-week project, the NYIC will collaborate with a group of private sector organizations to provide a public contribution to the body of knowledge on the application of new technology to the regulated financial system.
                Of course, there's always that "crisis event" that could drive adoption of this even faster.

Also, with the fallout of FTX (interesting timing), the push for more federal regulation of the digital currency market will be in full force, which will open the door to CBDC adoption even more.

Comment

Like clockwork...

Government Cracks Down on Crypto Industry With Flurry of Actions

Cryptocurrency executives hoped that 2023 would herald a new beginning after a year of disastrous setbacks. Instead, the industry has found itself on the receiving end of an aggressive government crackdown.

Last month, the Securities and Exchange Commission levied fines and other penalties against crypto lending firms, while federal banking officials issued policy statements that appeared calculated to make it harder for crypto companies to participate in the mainstream finance system.

In the last few days, the pace has accelerated. Two high-profile crypto firms — including a popular exchange where people buy and sell digital coins — came under intense pressure from state and federal regulators. After announcing a settlement with the exchange, the S.E.C. also fined a crypto promoter and sued a start-up that issued digital coins, for a total of three enforcements in just over a week.

The actions are likely a prelude to a protracted spell of legal wrangling, as regulators respond to the market turmoil that caused prominent crypto companies to file for bankruptcy last year and cost investors billions of dollars. And the enforcement signals a growing urgency in Washington to address the threat posed by cryptocurrencies, an experimental technology that enables new forms of financial speculation.

“I’ve been referring to it as the crypto carpet bombing,” said Kristin Smith, the executive director of the Blockchain Association, a crypto industry trade group. “Every couple hours we hear of some new enforcement action.”

For years, regulators were criticized for failing to come to grips with the crypto industry, even as it grew into a multitrillion-dollar business. In November, the FTX crypto exchange, once regarded as one of the most reliable firms in the freewheeling industry, failed practically overnight, and its founder, Sam Bankman-Fried, was charged with orchestrating a yearslong fraud.

That put regulators under intense pressure to act. Crypto companies have long existed in a legal gray area, with legislators and government officials debating how they should be classified for regulation. The industry’s growth has outstripped the slow-moving federal bureaucracies that oversee the other parts of the finance industry, like traditional banks and publicly traded companies.

After FTX filed for bankruptcy in November, the S.E.C., the Justice Department and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, another regulator, all brought cases against Mr. Bankman-Fried and two of his top lieutenants.

But the activity against the broader industry picked up last month when the S.E.C. fined the crypto lender Nexo $45 million and charged one of its competitors, Genesis, with offering unregistered securities.

Last week, the S.E.C. announced a settlement with the Kraken crypto exchange that removed one of its popular investment products from the U.S. market, which could have broad ramifications for the industry. The agency also sent Paxos, a company that issues so-called stablecoins pegged to the U.S. dollar, a warning of a potential lawsuit over securities violations.

This week, the S.E.C. sued Terraform Labs, the company that developed the digital coins Luna and TerraUSD, which collapsed last spring and triggered a broader meltdown in cryptocurrency prices. On Friday, the agency announced that the former National Basketball Association star Paul Pierce had agreed to pay $1.4 million to settle charges that he marketed a cryptocurrency without the proper disclosures.

Beyond the S.E.C., three top financial regulators sent a letter to banking organizations last month, warning them to exercise caution in their dealings with cryptocurrencies. Also last month, the Federal Reserve denied an application from Custodia Bank, a crypto company, to join the central bank’s payment system.

The enforcement wave has caused outrage and anxiety in the crypto industry. Some industry advocates have labeled the government efforts “Operation Choke Point 2.0,” alluding to a law enforcement campaign in the 2010s to prevent banks from working with certain businesses.

One industry lawyer said he was advising executives to prepare for as long as five years of high-stakes, expensive litigation with the government. Crypto companies have privately traded tips on which law firms to hire to handle government lawsuits, said the lawyer, who requested anonymity to describe sensitive legal discussions.

“What’s happening today is a coordinated effort that cuts across multiple agencies and seemingly reflects a unitary view that the entire crypto industry needs to be restrained,” said Paul Grewal, the chief legal officer of Coinbase, the largest U.S. crypto exchange. “It’s important for the crypto industry to prepare itself for a long fight.”

Representatives for the S.E.C. and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, a banking regulator, declined to comment. Other federal banking regulators did not respond to requests for comment.

You'd think it almost all looks coordinated.

Fed's new instant payments system to launch in July

The U.S. central bank will launch its "FedNow" instant payment service in July, the Federal Reserve said on Wednesday, with certification and testing for early adopters starting in the first week of April. Announced in 2019, FedNow will allow banks to instantly transfer payments across the financial system.

And right on the cusp of a banking crisis we're having.

The "accidental" timing to all this is just impeccable. Whether or not this digital system will supplant their CBDC system they were testing, or this is in fact a test run for that very system remains to be seen. Based on the timing of it all, I'd go with the latter.

Comment

This is what I expect moving forward -- reports and news stories that (in short) will follow in the line of something like this: Crypto technology GOOD; but bitcoin and other unmonitored digital currencies VERY BAD and must be stopped; but regulated central bank digital currencies as an alternative GOOD.
                    Like clockwork...

‘Crypto FUD’ — Industry outraged as White House report slams crypto

Crypto executives have expressed irritation over the latest White House economic report — which notably features an entire chapter dedicated to casting doubts on the merit of digital assets.

The Economic Report of the President, released on March 20, marks the first time the White House has included a section on digital assets since it first began issuing the annual economic policy report in 1950.

The co-founder of digital asset investment firm Paradigm, Fred Ehrsam, remarked that 15% of the Economic Report was dedicated to “crypto FUD.”

The report includes 35 pages dedicated to debunking the “Perceived Appeal of Crypto Assets,” along with a short section on the FedNow payment system and central bank digital currencies.

The report’s main argument is that crypto assets fail to deliver on their “touted” benefits, such as improving payment systems, financial inclusion and creating mechanisms to transfer value and intellectual property, stating:

“Instead, their innovation has been mostly about creating artificial scarcity in order to support crypto assets’ prices — and many of them have no fundamental value.”

It also argues that cryptocurrencies fail to perform the functions of sovereign money — such as the U.S. dollar — as crypto prices fluctuate too wildly to be a stable store of value, nor can they function as a unit of account or medium of exchange.

The report also takes aim at stablecoins, arguing they are subject to run risks and thus too risky to satisfy their role as a “fast payment” instrument.

Blockchain Association CEO Kristin Smith called the latest presidential report “disappointing,” saying it shows that some in the government appear “increasingly allergic” to the burgeoning crypto industry, adding:
                    “We urge the Biden administration to consider how it will be remembered: as a leader of profound innovation or a roadblock to a global tech revolution.”

Decentralization is also highlighted in the report, which argues that “despite claims of being decentralized and trustless, blockchain-based applications are in practice neither.”

Users access crypto assets by going to a limited set of crypto asset platforms, while a small group of miners performs the majority of mining in most crypto assets, it argues.

Things are moving at a rapid pace, not just with digital money, but with all things digital in general.

I can easily see a scenario where, in the midst of a global financial crisis (or another global pandemic), CBDCs are introduced as a type of rescue plan sometime at the height of the crisis event.

From there, it'll be a matter time it's integrated into other digital features such as an universal ID, health passport, some sort of carbon credit score, etc., all of which have been proposed by WEF elites.

And then from there, we start getting into biometrics for better security and convenience, where it's not just an app on your phone or some other portable device, but actually implanted on/in your body.

Comment

More of the same confirmation of what I initially said last year where federal enforcement was going to aggressively target the cryto market, specifically bitcoin, only this is a huge take-down, bigger than even FTX...

Binance users pull more than $1 billion from the exchange after CEO leaves, pleads guilty

The reason as I explained for this is they either want to take full control of the market with heavy regulation, or they want to kill the market, either of which will clear the way for the introduction of the Fed's CBDC.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X