Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

System of the Beast makes perfect sense today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you're putting too much emphasis on Presidential politics. Of much more importance is the woke movement. I have read it being described as a religious movement with dogma, priests, moral code, etc. Apparently the only thing it doesn't have is forgiveness. I don't know how much it has spread overseas yet but it may go down as the foundation of the one world religion.

Also, you could argue that wokeness is the driving philosophy of the Biden administration.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      I think you're putting too much emphasis on Presidential politics. Of much more importance is the woke movement. I have read it being described as a religious movement with dogma, priests, moral code, etc. Apparently the only thing it doesn't have is forgiveness. I don't know how much it has spread overseas yet but it may go down as the foundation of the one world religion.

Also, you could argue that wokeness is the driving philosophy of the Biden administration.
      I'm putting emphasis on the "Great Reset" because that's the global plan I believe they're going for. The chief drivers of that plan is the three crisis factor -- economic, climate, and pandemic. As far as the "woke" culture, I'm still not entirely sure how that's going to play into all this, though they do underscore the "equality" canard as part of that plan. I'm just not sure how much of that is actually driving the global plan vs. they're just using it to fool the left and make it seem like it'll work in favor of the masses (the underclasses) instead of a detriment to them. I'm leaning more towards the latter, though I think supernatural forces will definitely use it to continue to torment Christianity and eventually eradicate it on a local level while that global plan is being implemented.
      "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        - Pandemic is here to stay, and even if Covid goes away, a worse pandemic will take its place soon after.
        - Pandemic enforced mandates will not let up either in the US or abroad (if current mandates let up, it will only be replaced with newer mandates -- i.e. mandatory vaccine, immunization verification, etc.).
        - Biden will resort to executive order to enforce radical ("reset") multilateral policies and reforms (assuming the Dems don't get a senate majority).
        - Political division and conflict will worsen.
        - Economy will worsen (especially for the lower classes).
        - Social unrest will worsen.
        - Biden will use executive orders to try and regain order in the US as a result of increased social unrest.
        - Digital verification immunization will come to the forefront in discussions and debates (and how to specifically deal with the constitutional aspects of it being mandatory).
        - Digital currency will also become predominant (with much scoffing in the MSM about public paranoia of the "the mark of the beast").
        Just google "immunization passports" or "covid passports" and you'll find articles all over the internet. The subject is now mainstream, with some countries even already implementing it. Since I'm now more than confident this will happen in the US easily in the next four years...

Check, check, check, and check.

Vaccine Passports, Covid’s Next Political Flash Point

The next major flash point over coronavirus response has already provoked cries of tyranny and discrimination in Britain, protests in Denmark, digital disinformation in the United States and geopolitical skirmishing within the European Union.
        The subject of debate: vaccine passports — government-issued cards or smartphone badges stating that the bearer has been inoculated against the coronavirus.
        The idea is to allow families to reunite, economies to restart and hundreds of millions of people who have received a shot to return to a degree of normalcy, all without spreading the virus. Some versions of the documentation might permit bearers to travel internationally. Others would allow entry to vaccinated-only spaces like gyms, concert venues and restaurants.
        While such passports are still hypothetical in most places, Israel became the first to roll out its own last week, capitalizing on its high vaccination rate. Several European countries are considering following. President Biden has asked federal agencies to explore options. And some airlines and tourism-reliant industries and destinations expect to require them.

Dividing the world between the vaccinated and unvaccinated raises daunting political and ethical questions. Vaccines go overwhelmingly to rich countries and privileged racial groups within them. Granting special rights for the vaccinated, while tightening restrictions on the unvaccinated, risks widening already-dangerous social gaps.

Vaccine skepticism, already high in many communities, shows signs of spiking if shots become seen as government-mandated. Plans also risk exacerbating Covid nationalism: sparring among nations to advance their citizens’ self-interest over global good.

“Immunity passports promise a way to go back to a more normal social and economic life,” Nicole Hassoun and Anders Herlitz, who study public health ethics, wrote in Scientific American. But with vaccines distributed unequally by race, class and nationality, “it is not obvious that they are ethical.”

Still, there are clear upsides: grandparents reuniting with out-of-town grandchildren; sports, concerts and other events partly but safely returning; resumption of international travel and some tourism; businesses reopened without putting workers at undue risk.

All of that is why, Drs. Hassoun and Herlitz wrote, vaccine documents “may be inevitable.”
        Just as a side note, I find it interesting that the main discussion they're using is "inequality." Not one time did they mention issues with the Constitution or civil liberties in that article. I admittedly didn't expect that and thought the latter would be the predominant debate. But looking at it from that perspective, it's actually pretty brilliant that they're making it about "inequality." 1) It perfectly aligns with our current culture, and 2) it controls the debate, which ends up being a net benefit for the acceptance of vax passports, because the inequality is an issue that can easily be solved with government intervention, and takes the focus off the REAL debate, which is how it potentially violates our civil liberties.

Comment

- Digital currency will also become predominant (with much scoffing in the MSM about public paranoia of the "the mark of the beast").
          I won't necessarily "check" this just yet, though it's definitely a teaser...

The Federal Reserve is pushing ahead with its study into whether to implement its own digital currency and will be releasing a paper on the issue shortly, Chairman Jerome Powell said Wednesday. No decision has been made on the matter yet, he added, and said the Fed does not feel pressured to do something quickly as other nations move forward with their own projects.

"I think it's important that we get to a place where we can make an informed decision about this and do so expeditiously," Powell said at his post-meeting news conference. "I don't think we're behind. I think it's more important to do this right than to do it fast."
          Powell added the Fed is "working proactively to evaluate whether to issue a CBDC, and if so in what form."
          Establishing a digital dollar has been on the Fed's radar for more than a year, and it announced in May it would launch a deeper examination into the issue with a paper to follow.
          The Boston Fed has taken point on the project, joining with MIT in an initiative on whether the central bank should establish its own digital coin targeted at making the payments system more effective. Fed Governor Lael Brainard has been a strong advocate of the effort, though several other officials, including Vice Chair for Supervision Randal Quarles, have cast doubts.
          Advocates such as Brainard say a central bank digital currency's benefits include getting payments quickly to people in times of crisis and also providing services to the unbanked.

"We think it's really important that the central bank maintain a stable currency and payments system for the public's benefit. That's one of our jobs," Powell said. He noted the "transformational innovation" in the area of digital payments and said the Fed is continuing to do work on the matter, including its own FedNow system expected to go online in 2023.
          I do have a theory how it might be implemented, and I think it might be tied to a major bitcoin crisis, but I won't get into that. It's definitely going to be tied to the pandemic and future stimulus and bail-outs, that I know for sure.

So far here's how we've done within just the first year...

- Pandemic is here to stay, and even if Covid goes away, a worse pandemic will take its place soon after.
          Absolute check.

Even though the country is getting testy and jaded with all this, they're never going to stop pushing their agenda with continued fearmongering about the so-called "variants."

- Pandemic enforced mandates will not let up either in the US or abroad (if current mandates let up, it will only be replaced with newer mandates -- i.e. mandatory vaccine, immunization verification,
          Check.

- Biden will resort to executive order to enforce radical ("reset") multilateral policies and reforms (assuming the Dems don't get a senate majority).
          Absolute check (though even I didn't think Biden would be this brazen.

- Political division and conflict will worsen.
          Check, though I think most of us knew the division wouldn't get any better.

- Economy will worsen (especially for the lower classes).
          Still to be determined, though the signs already show things ain't looking pretty -- and will get a lot worse as inflation takes its toll.

- Social unrest will worsen.
          Still to be determined.

- Biden will use executive orders to try and regain order in the US as a result of increased social unrest.
          Still to be determined, though as we've all seen so far, Biden is an EO-monger, so this is a sure thing as the latter two situations get worse.

- Digital verification immunization will come to the forefront in discussions and debates (and how to specifically deal with the constitutional aspects of it being mandatory).
          Absolute check.

Still to be determined.

5-9 so far.

Comment