Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Wingnuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingnuts

What is it with some Christians who want to see 666 everywhere?

This one is hilarious. Apparently now Energy drinks are the sign of the antichrist.

So how does that work? Is Satan using Energy Drinks to create Demon Zombies or something?

I remember how Proctor and Gamble faced similar charges a couple decades ago

A long beloved local weatherman (and a Methodist lay minister) even told people to stop buying their products while on the air because of this.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I remember how Proctor and Gamble faced similar charges a couple decades ago

A long beloved local weatherman (and a Methodist lay minister) even told people to stop buying their products while on the air because of this.
      Somehow I don't see the devil taking over the world by selling energy drinks or Crest toothpaste.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Somehow I don't see the devil taking over the world by selling energy drinks or Crest toothpaste.
        For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Yeah! We have our tinfoil hats to protect us!

Comment

Obfuscation of the truth of future events would be one of my primary tactics if I were Satan. You make the subject so silly and embarrassing that it creates a chilling effect from ever talking about the subject seriously. It definitely worked with the subject of the return of Christ. There have been so many false alarms in the past that the subject is too embarrassing and uncomfortable to talk about now.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            Obfuscation of the truth of future events would be one of my primary tactics if I were Satan. You make the subject so silly and embarrassing that it creates a chilling effect from ever talking about the subject seriously. It definitely worked with the subject of the return of Christ. There have been so many false alarms in the past that the subject is too embarrassing and uncomfortable to talk about now.
            so basically these wingnut Antichrist conspiricists are the ones who are actually doing Satan's work? could be.

Comment

so basically these wingnut Antichrist conspiricists are the ones who are actually doing Satan's work? could be.
              I would include the Christians that broadcast it and give it a bigger forum as well.

Comment

That 666 is present in so many company logos is a manifestation of the beast system, as well as an indication of its furtherance, but of course not the cause, per se. In occult magic, practitioners must give a "warning" to those they seek to enslave.

The ingredients in Monster energy drinks are "soft killing" those who partake of them, which is intentional. As the Georgia Guidestones admit, the elite wish to cull humanity down to a "manageable" level of 500 million or so, down from its current 8 billion.

Isaiah 60:2 See, darkness covers the earth
                and thick darkness is over the peoples,
                but the Lord rises upon you
                and his glory appears over you.

The darkness spoken of is the illusion that humanity is not currently enslaved by Satan and those human beings who consciously serve him, called Mystery Babylon in Scripture. O Lord, open the eyes of the blind!

Comment

Actually, everyone without Christ is under the dominion of the Devil.
                  As Jesus told Saul, ". . . To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me."

Which Paul the Apostle explains was our former condition, ". . . Wherein in time past you [all] walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, . . . "

[Acts 26:18; Ephesians 2:2.]

Last edited by 37818; 11-10-2014, 09:01 PM.
                  . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
                    That 666 is present in so many company logos is a manifestation of the beast system, as well as an indication of its furtherance, but of course not the cause, per se. In occult magic, practitioners must give a "warning" to those they seek to enslave.

The ingredients in Monster energy drinks are "soft killing" those who partake of them, which is intentional. As the Georgia Guidestones admit, the elite wish to cull humanity down to a "manageable" level of 500 million or so, down from its current 8 billion.

The darkness spoken of is the illusion that humanity is not currently enslaved by Satan and those human beings who consciously serve him, called Mystery Babylon in Scripture. O Lord, open the eyes of the blind!
                    Yeah sure. Has anyone linked "Ebola" with "666" yet? If not I am sure they will soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                      Actually, everyone without Christ is under the dominion of the Devil.
                      Exactly. Satan doesn't have to steal souls or trick souls, because they belong to hell already without Christ. Not that Satan "owns them" - he is just as condemned as they are.

Comment

Exactly. Satan doesn't have to steal souls or trick souls, because they belong to hell already without Christ. Not that Satan "owns them" - he is just as condemned as they are.
                        If that's the case, what does 2 Thess 2:9-12 mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post

One thing I'm sure of is that when the real mark of the Beast is introduced, the same amount of public ridicule will be heaped on the Christians that resist it. I look at this as a tiny preview of what's coming. It'll be interesting to see which Christian can take the public shame and embarrassment (which will undoubtedly come from other Christians also) and stand against it in spite of the societal pressure.

Comment

It sure doesn't mean that Satan is hiding messages on cans of energy drinks.

Comment

It surely does not mean that Satan is not "just as condemned as they are." Or perhaps your intention was otherwise?
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X