Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Wingnuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    It sure doesn't mean that Satan is hiding messages on cans of energy drinks.
    Of course not. He's using the energy drinks to make people his followers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPQFqSRkXmM
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Of course not. He's using the energy drinks to make people his followers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPQFqSRkXmM

Comment

It sure doesn't mean that Satan is hiding messages on cans of energy drinks.
        You didn't say that in the post I responded to. It sounded like you making a general statement about deception.

Comment

I remember when I was a kid that somebody had written a book about how people could spy on you through your TV ---- the little light sensor on the automatic brightness detector was REALLY a camera, and coax (cable TV) could both send and receive video, so it was all preparatory to the BEAST being able to keep an eye on you!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I remember when I was a kid that somebody had written a book about how people could spy on you through your TV ---- the little light sensor on the automatic brightness detector was REALLY a camera, and coax (cable TV) could both send and receive video, so it was all preparatory to the BEAST being able to keep an eye on you!
            Rather ironically, we now put Cameras onto TVs which can do exactly that (XBox stuff). And there was a school who gave their students laptops with software built-in to spy on the kids using the camera.
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
              Rather ironically, we now put Cameras onto TVs which can do exactly that (XBox stuff). And there was a school who gave their students laptops with software built-in to spy on the kids using the camera.
              Yeah, it certainly was NOT a "camera" back in the day, more of a photo cell, but... yeah!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I told you that when we were young to keep you from watching Romper Room when Captain Kangaroo was on.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There are religious conspiracy nuts just like there are political ones.

They all believe that they have secret knowledge about some plan that the rest of the world has missed and must be informed about. Whether it is the JFK murder, fake moonlandings, 9/11, Monster Energy Drinks, or the Second Coming, it is all basically the same thing.

Comment

Second Coming is a conspiracy?
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      Second Coming is a conspiracy?
                      date setting is what I was talking about, and finding secret knowledge in hidden texts that tell when it will happen.

Comment

date setting is what I was talking about, and finding secret knowledge in hidden texts that tell when it will happen.
                        How is that a conspiracy lol?

Comment

000000lol-is-evil.jpg

One of my friends got an email from his younger sister urging him not to use lol any longer because of this rumor

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There are religious conspiracy nuts just like there are political ones.

They all believe that they have secret knowledge about some plan that the rest of the world has missed and must be informed about. Whether it is the JFK murder, fake moonlandings, 9/11, Monster Energy Drinks, or the Second Coming, it is all basically the same thing.
                            There are religious sheep just like there are political sheep.

They all believe it is better to "go along to get along" rather than risk their tiny slice of compromised peace. Whether it is the JFK murder which Congress determined was a conspiracy, 9/11 where two planes brought down three steel buildings or whatever, it's basically all the same thing.

Psalm 2:1 Why do the nations conspire
                            and the peoples plot in vain?
                            2 The kings of the earth rise up
                            and the rulers band together
                            against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,
                            3 “Let us break their chains
                            and throw off their shackles.”

Comment

If Satan wanted to have an energy drink, he could just stick 666 on the can and call it "Beast's Brew" and people would buy it just like that. No need to hide the message in this day and age.

Comment

If Satan wanted to have an energy drink, he could just stick 666 on the can and call it "Beast's Brew" and people would buy it just like that. No need to hide the message in this day and age.
                                Yep. Even I've bought some "devilish" beer.

mephistophelese11-400.jpg samaels11_125x500.jpg beast375_glass11-130x216.jpg

I haven't tried "The Beast" yet (haven't found it), but I've had the other two.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment