Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.


Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

This probably won't be the mark of the Beast

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    My workplace removed mask mandates for those who provided proof of vaccination through a specific HR portal. I've found that I'm basically the only person who is casually walking around this large building without a mask.

    It does follow the logic of two sets of rules. I suspect some of the people still wearing them either don't feel bold enough to go against the grain, or may have underlying medical conditions (which isn't my business).
    Biden admin and CDC set the precedent -- if you haven't been vaccinated you must wear a mask. Only problem is how do you prove they've been vaccinated? Well, businesses, following those guidelines, then demand customers verify this. I have to admit, it's very shrewd how government is doing this. They act like they're not part of any forced vaccination mandate but initiate the guidelines that create the inevitability for the mandate on a private level.

    This is all the evolutionary stage of the eventual vaccine passport. Though I will say, if the option stays at either get the vaccine in order to acquire your digital passport or wear a mask, it may not be as bad as I thought, as the latter presents a way out of the former.
    "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

    Comment


    • #77
      I'm not gonna lie, I kind of got chills...

      Let people know your vaccination status with bracelets from COVID Verified

      "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

      Comment


      • #78
        I stopped watching when the lady said that it is an honour system programme.
        1Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω
        Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        .
        "It is not divine truth that makes the man seem more innocent in what is equally sinful, but human wrong-headedness." AUGUSTINE: re adultery

        "The synoptic gospels claim that Jesus was crucified on the 15th day of Nisan and buried on the 14th day of Nisan:" majority consensus

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by seanD View Post
          Follow-up prediction Part 2:

          The debate is over. Unless you've been under a rock, we know covid digital passports are a thing now and without question will be implemented in society in the near future. Some countries have already implemented it, some countries are in the process of designing it and will eventually implement it immediately and abruptly, while other countries, like the US (for obvious legal reasons), will likely go about it at a much more gradual pace after serious and heated national debate. Only exception to the latter is if we have another fierce wave pandemic that "unexpectedly" disrupts our society again (not totally ruling that out).

          Here's my next prediction to where this will all lead.

          In the US, I think it will first be implemented by the travel and airline companies (who got massive government funds -- keep that in mind), then, aside from "unexpected" and unmitigating circumstances, it will gradually progress over time as other businesses adopt the technology. Biden and his admin will publicly feign like they're steering clear from it for obvious reasons (while collaborating with industries behind the scenes).

          It will be more than just a card, because these are already being issued and, as expected, there's a forgery black market. It will probably be a phone app at first, and here is where the inevitable issues pop up. First of all, not everyone has a phone, obviously. Secondly, even with a phone there are endless issues -- i.e. phone gets stolen, lost, they forget it at home, battery goes dead, phone sharing between relatives or friends, etc. There will also undoubtedly be a black market for hacks you can download that will give fraudulent data. This is where it will start to get creepy. Once the public is acclimated, the solution to these numerous issues will end up with the only inevitable solution -- something more personal and invasive that will lead to...

          Either an RFID chip or some other biometric technology that can be embedded into the skin, unseen. I tend to lean towards the latter because RFID technology is old tech and sort of outdated; I think they have far more advanced methods for this. This solves all problems previously mentioned.


          Assuming this is where it eventually leads, and I firmly believe it will so this is officially my second prediction -- the question is: will this be the Beast system? This time you can disregard the title of the thread because I honestly can't give an answer. At the very least, this will be an extreme move in that direction. I will say that if the third temple in Israel is being built or built by the time this comes to fruition -- look out.
          Tim Poole is a center-left leaning libertarian type and totally non-religious, so it's kind of freaky how we both think alike but for different reasons. He practically espouses the same exact scenario about an implant passport and the stages leading up to it that I do, almost word for word. If you don't want to watch the whole video, the freaky pertinent part is at 20:23...





          Again, I still think it's unlikely to be an "RFID chip" instead of some other well advanced and more reliable technology we might not have heard about yet. But the implant is coming without a doubt.
          "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by seanD View Post

            Tim Poole is a center-left leaning libertarian type and totally non-religious, so it's kind of freaky how we both think alike but for different reasons. He practically espouses the same exact scenario about an implant passport and the stages leading up to it that I do, almost word for word. If you don't want to watch the whole video, the freaky pertinent part is at 20:23...





            Again, I still think it's unlikely to be an "RFID chip" instead of some other well advanced and more reliable technology we might not have heard about yet. But the implant is coming without a doubt.
            John said the mark would shortly come to pass. They didn't have microchips way back then. Do you think you might be barking up the wrong tree by any chance?

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Dave L View Post

              John said the mark would shortly come to pass. They didn't have microchips way back then. Do you think you might be barking up the wrong tree by any chance?
              You can freely post whatever you want in this thread, but don't be surprised if you get no response from me. I've pretty much had my fill arguing with preterists in the past about the subject of eschatology and it sort of just bores me now. I've really got nothing more to say about the subject that I haven't already said.
              "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by seanD View Post

                You can freely post whatever you want in this thread, but don't be surprised if you get no response from me. I've pretty much had my fill arguing with preterists in the past about the subject of eschatology and it sort of just bores me now. I've really got nothing more to say about the subject that I haven't already said.
                If you think I'm a preterist, you are wrong on microchips, and on your knowledge of Eschatology. Did you know Jesus is Amillennial? He destroys premillennialism in the gospels but only the Born-Again can see the kingdom he preaches.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Dave L View Post

                  If you think I'm a preterist, you are wrong on microchips, and on your knowledge of Eschatology. Did you know Jesus is Amillennial? He destroys premillennialism in the gospels but only the Born-Again can see the kingdom he preaches.
                  Could care less.
                  "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by seanD View Post

                    Could care less.
                    Remember, God sends strong delusion to those who receive not a love of the truth. This is far more serious than you think.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Dave L View Post

                      Remember, God sends strong delusion to those who receive not a love of the truth. This is far more serious than you think.
                      You should be concerned about a digital passport implant, especially as a religious person and how it pertains to your rights to freely worship in society, and the potential dangerous scenario this creates in you losing those rights. This is regardless of your eschatology.
                      "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by seanD View Post

                        You should be concerned about a digital passport implant, especially as a religious person and how it pertains to your rights to freely worship in society, and the potential dangerous scenario this creates in you losing those rights. This is regardless of your eschatology.
                        You should not allow paranoia to control your thoughts and actions. John said Revelation would soon come to pass. But you missed most of it. There's still some to come but you can't see what's going on now either.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Dave L View Post

                          You should not allow paranoia to control your thoughts and actions. John said Revelation would soon come to pass. But you missed most of it. There's still some to come but you can't see what's going on now either.
                          Again, regardless of eschatology, you should be concerned about this system and your religious rights, even if this isn't "the mark."
                          "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by seanD View Post

                            Again, regardless of eschatology, you should be concerned about this system and your religious rights, even if this isn't "the mark."
                            I am not into conspiracy theories and you should not be either. To die for Christ is the highest calling. I would be honored. You'll always fear death unless you can reconcile this possibility.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Dave L View Post

                              I am not into conspiracy theories and you should not be either. To die for Christ is the highest calling. I would be honored.
                              Yes, I know, much like the idea of a digital covid passport was a conspiracy theory in the beginning of this thread... until it became an actual thing. Been there done that, bro.

                              You'll always fear death unless you can reconcile this possibility.
                              I don't fear death whatsoever. The covid cultists are the ones that fear death -- they're scared to death of this virus -- which is why they're so compliant to this tyranny, and probably why they'll be compliant in accpeting the mark when it does come to fruition.
                              "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by seanD View Post

                                Yes, I know, much like the idea of a digital covid passport was a conspiracy theory in the beginning of this thread... until it became an actual thing. Been there done that, bro.



                                I don't fear death whatsoever. The covid cultists are the ones that fear death -- they're scared to death of this virus -- which is why they're so compliant to this tyranny, and probably why they'll be compliant to the mark when it does come to fruition.
                                Why worry about persecution? You are guaranteed it by Jesus if you are a follower. Are you an anti-vaxxer?

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seanD, 06-22-2022, 04:48 PM
                                4 responses
                                39 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seanD
                                by seanD
                                 
                                Started by Darfius, 06-04-2022, 06:11 PM
                                0 responses
                                27 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Darfius
                                by Darfius
                                 
                                Started by Esther, 05-10-2022, 08:21 AM
                                60 responses
                                423 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Esther
                                by Esther
                                 
                                Working...
                                X