Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Generation Y and Z Confirms Futurism is true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I needed to find something that befitted your comprehension abilities.

Have some hymns!

Any more hymns dealing with the sovereignty of God or that He is our Protector? In an eternal sense anyway. He isn't going to miraculously save you from every bad guy you encounter, so we should still be aware of our surroundings. But I don't need to fear any stinkin' fallen angels! Because I am an adopted child of God! That's much better than being a superhero sidekick or something. Yes, I'm saying being a Christian is cooler than all of the wish fulfillment in all the comics, books, movies, tv shows, and any other stories you can imagine. Even if scary and sad stuff happens, it is only temporary. One day, we shall leave the school of hard knocks and live happily ever after in a glorious new creation! I don't claim to know what will happen in between, but I will let God "worry" about that!
    "Any more psalms dealing with the sovereignty of God or that He is our Protector? In a physical sense anyway. He isn't going to miraculously save you from every Roman you encounter, so we should still be aware of our surroundings. But I don't need to fear Satan! Because I am a child of Abraham! That's much better than being a righteous Gentile or something. Yes, I'm saying being a Jew is cooler than all of the righteous acts of any Gentile you can imagine. Even if scary and sad stuff happens, it is only temporary. One day, we shall regain sovereignty over our land and live happily ever after in a restored Israel! I don't claim to know what will happen in between, but I will let God "worry" about that!" --A Jew circa 25 A.D.

The point, since it is not in cartoon form and may therefore be lost on you, is that you and others like you sound like modern day Pharisees. You think outward forms of lip service to God and your "inheritance" as a Christian (rather than as a Jew) vouchsafe your future, regardless of your behavior or actual, living faith in Christ, rather than in "His work", for I tell you truly, Christ could raise up people to praise His "finished work" from the very stones, but the worshippers He and His Father seek are those who worship Them in Spirit and in truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
      "Any more psalms dealing with the sovereignty of God or that He is our Protector? In a physical sense anyway. He isn't going to miraculously save you from every Roman you encounter, so we should still be aware of our surroundings. But I don't need to fear Satan! Because I am a child of Abraham! That's much better than being a righteous Gentile or something. Yes, I'm saying being a Jew is cooler than all of the righteous acts of any Gentile you can imagine. Even if scary and sad stuff happens, it is only temporary. One day, we shall regain sovereignty over our land and live happily ever after in a restored Israel! I don't claim to know what will happen in between, but I will let God "worry" about that!" --A Jew circa 25 A.D.

The point, since it is not in cartoon form and may therefore be lost on you, is that you and others like you sound like modern day Pharisees. You think outward forms of lip service to God and your "inheritance" as a Christian (rather than as a Jew) vouchsafe your future, regardless of your behavior or actual, living faith in Christ, rather than in "His work", for I tell you truly, Christ could raise up people to praise His "finished work" from the very stones, but the worshippers He and His Father seek are those who worship Them in Spirit and in truth.
      Dude, are you comparing yourself to Jesus??? Because your "I am the only True Christiantm on tweb" routine is getting old. And annoying. It just makes you look like an arrogant fool. Do you think there is a new covenant on the horizon? Because the old covenant was to prepare the way for Jesus.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Dude, are you comparing yourself to Jesus??? Because your "I am the only True Christiantm on tweb" routine is getting old. And annoying. It just makes you look like an arrogant fool.
        I am not and never could be Jesus. No one could. But I do think He told us to be like Him. I just take that command more seriously than most, since I love Him in deed and not just with words. I try to get you to see how much He hated hypocrisy and how hateful hypocrisy is not because I am arrogant, but because I love you.

Do you think there is a new covenant on the horizon?
        Yes

Because the old covenant was to prepare the way for Jesus.
        And the "new" covenant was to prepare the way for His return.

Comment

• And pray tell what this new covenant is? Newsflash, every Christianity flavored cult has claim to be bearing new revelation. Why does there need to be more than trusting in the death and resurrection of Jesus for salvation?

Comment

And pray tell what this new covenant is? Newsflash, every Christianity flavored cult has claim to be bearing new revelation. Why does there need to be more than trusting in the death and resurrection of Jesus for salvation?
            Where does the Bible say "trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus for salvation?" You and many other so-called Christians confuse the theology you were taught with the truths of the Bible. And you wouldn't be the first to replace God's commands with the traditions of men. The new covenant will be the same as all the other covenants: a reminder to men to love God with all of their bodies, souls, minds and hearts. Every generation must hear it anew in a language they can understand, since truths become truisms, cold and with a layer of tradition congealed on its surface.

Comment

I am not and never could be Jesus. No one could. But I do think He told us to be like Him.

I just take that command more seriously than most, since I love Him in deed and not just with words.
              You know all we can see here is words, right? This looks rather like boasting.
              I try to get you to see how much He hated hypocrisy and how hateful hypocrisy is not because I am arrogant, but because I love you.
              Yes, God hates hypocrisy. I'm not sure what you think the word means, however; from your posts here, you appear to conflate it with disagreeing with your theological position on the eschaton. I'm not sure how ridiculing and baldly misrepresenting other views is supposed to come across as love. You might want to work on your presentation a bit.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Where does the Bible say "trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus for salvation?" You and many other so-called Christians confuse the theology you were taught with the truths of the Bible. And you wouldn't be the first to replace God's commands with the traditions of men. The new covenant will be the same as all the other covenants: a reminder to men to love God with all of their bodies, souls, minds and hearts. Every generation must hear it anew in a language they can understand, since truths become truisms, cold and with a layer of tradition congealed on its surface.
                Being a Christian is pointless if Jesus did not rise from the dead. Read 1 Corinthians.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  You know all we can see here is words, right? This looks rather like boasting.
                  Ah - so we're better than Darfius because we don't indulge in boasting.

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Being a Christian is pointless if Jesus did not rise from the dead. Read 1 Corinthians.
                  Building a house without foundations is pointless = Building a house is pointless?
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• If Jesus did not rise from the dead, then we are to be pitied above all men.

Comment

If Jesus did not rise from the dead, then we are to be pitied above all men.
                      Indeed so. Jesus' death and resurrection underpins the efficacy of faith and hope, which are directed in part toward the general resurrection of the dead. However, the gospel does not teach that we are to "trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus for salvation." That is predicated, but not dependent solely, on God's love and grace.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Should I just post the Nicene creed?

Comment

Should I just post the Nicene creed?
                          Replete with all the anathemas?
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• ???

Comment

• The Nicene Creed of 325 AD - which ends with - [But those who say: 'There was a time when he was not;' and 'He was not before he was made;' and 'He was made out of nothing,' or 'He is of another substance' or 'essence,' or 'The Son of God is created,' or 'changeable,' or 'alterable'—they are condemned by the holy catholic and apostolic Church.]
                              The Nicene Creed (as amended) of 381 AD - which is substantially longer
                              Neither of which include the filioque - which adds and from the Son to "the Holy Spirit proceeding from the Father"
                              Neither of which refer to Christ descending into Hell.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                                Ah - so we're better than Darfius because we don't indulge in boasting.

Building a house without foundations is pointless = Building a house is pointless?
                                Wait, are you AGREEING with Darfius' nonsense?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X