Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Generation Y and Z Confirms Futurism is true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Since we are already at Generation Z, what's next? punctuation marks? Generation @
    Roman numerals, just to make it more confusing,

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      We'll have to start with double letters.......AA, AB, AC, etc.

Like license plates.
      I gotta go by the tag office tomorrow to get tags for my latest vehicle.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The CD (Cognitive Dissonance) Generation?
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I gotta go by the tag office tomorrow to get tags for my latest vehicle.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37333[/ATTACH]
          huh. Looks like your vehicle got runned over by my tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Roman numerals, just to make it more confusing,
            You mean Super Bowl Numbers?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We'll have to start with double letters.......AA, AB, AC, etc.

Like license plates.
              You are the expert here. You were the first one to complain about Generation A: Adam and Eve.

Comment

Historically two things will happen:

1. Liberalism/Conservativism seem to swing back and forth in US Society - like a pendulum. It is said that the latest gen Z is swinging back to the conservative side ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys.../#25fe44557878 )
                2. The more Christianity is persecuted, the better it flourishes.
                The exception is that we are in unprecedented times because of our technology. Most things are digital now, including and especially the way we communicate and how societal views are formed and shaped. I don't think there's a Christian on this board that would argue against the fact that cultural views are rapidly shifting towards the left (philosophical, political, economical), and dominating.

Look what's happening to conservative voices even today on social media platforms like Facebook, Youtube and Twitter, major social networks that are run my millennials with views that are typically antithetical to Christianity.

You now have major companies like Mastercard setting this precedence. The fact this is even becoming a debated issue and being considered is alarming.

A few years ago, you had Goldman Sachs pushing leftwing politics on their employees, and now you have other major financial institutions doing this.

All this is happening during a time we have a (supposed) conservative president in the House. What will happen in 10-20 years when progressive culture dominates everything, including government, and our means of commerce will be entirely digital?

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Considering the majority of Christians worldwide are not in the first world, this has the air of "we're the only ones that matter".
                When it comes to the spread of Christianity, the western world is the one that matters, hands down. But technology is certainly not entirely absent everywhere but the west.

Also note that Christianity may be thriving in other places (though I haven't looked at recent worldwide stats, so that's a pure guess), but it's under terrible, unprecedented physical persecution pretty much everywhere else in the underdeveloped world. How long do you think that will last?

It looks as if Christianity in the west will experience a type of "soft persecution," or persecution via censorship until it eventually becomes physical. Though, considering how comfortable we've become with technology and how invasive it's become in our lives, the former may be enough to put tremendous strain on the church here in the west.

Comment

huh. Looks like your vehicle got runned over by my tank.
                  Silly pirate. That tank is my latest vehicle. I was gonna get something bigger but I was having trouble finding an insurance company that'll cover it.

Hmm, the sheriff just drove by real slowly but didn't stop. No surprise there considering how the last time he dropped by to investigate "suspicious activity"[1] he lost every bit of hair and couldn't grow any anywhere on his body for 4 months

1. As I explainified to him then, around roguetech labs & bait shop suspicious activity is when nothing suspicious-like is occuring.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You are the expert here. You were the first one to complain about Generation A: Adam and Eve.

Don't make me come down there.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      The exception is that we are in unprecedented times because of our technology. Most things are digital now, including and especially the way we communicate and how societal views are formed and shaped. I don't think there's a Christian on this board that would argue against the fact that cultural views are rapidly shifting towards the left (philosophical, political, economical), and dominating.

Look what's happening to conservative voices even today on social media platforms like Facebook, Youtube and Twitter, major social networks that are run my millennials with views that are typically antithetical to Christianity.

You now have major companies like Mastercard setting this precedence. The fact this is even becoming a debated issue and being considered is alarming.

A few years ago, you had Goldman Sachs pushing leftwing politics on their employees, and now you have other major financial institutions doing this.

All this is happening during a time we have a (supposed) conservative president in the House. What will happen in 10-20 years when progressive culture dominates everything, including government, and our means of commerce will be entirely digital?

When it comes to the spread of Christianity, the western world is the one that matters, hands down. But technology is certainly not entirely absent everywhere but the west.

Also note that Christianity may be thriving in other places (though I haven't looked at recent worldwide stats, so that's a pure guess), but it's under terrible, unprecedented physical persecution pretty much everywhere else in the underdeveloped world. How long do you think that will last?

It looks as if Christianity in the west will experience a type of "soft persecution," or persecution via censorship until it eventually becomes physical. Though, considering how comfortable we've become with technology and how invasive it's become in our lives, the former may be enough to put tremendous strain on the church here in the west.
                      well your link to the mastercard thing says they opposed it. And like I said, the news is saying the newest generation is swinging conservative again. The left tends to go to extremes and alienates the middle and the right. Right now I know a lot of democrats who are abandoning their party because of such things as how they are supporting late term abortion and refusing to do anything about illegal aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        You mean Super Bowl Numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

No it isn't the one that matters. There are many missionaries from places that aren't the western world. I have met them. And frankly they are more effective than many western missionaries.
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                            No it isn't the one that matters. There are many missionaries from places that aren't the western world. I have met them. And frankly they are more effective than many western missionaries.
                            To downplay the western Christianity's role and influence in the world is just denying fact? Why do that just to make some point?

Comment

There will always be a remnant.

They might be underground, but they will be.
                              I don't know if Christianity will be pushed underground in the west. I think it will get harder and harder to find churches and people who are anything beyond Christian in name only. I think too many churches will become social clubs with a steeple. That assumes they survive the various scandals that are breaking out. I think the more committed believers will be in smaller churches, some form of house church, and maybe a niche in a big church. Its going to take God's guidance to find them.
                              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                                I don't know if Christianity will be pushed underground in the west. I think it will get harder and harder to find churches and people who are anything beyond Christian in name only. I think too many churches will become social clubs with a steeple. That assumes they survive the various scandals that are breaking out. I think the more committed believers will be in smaller churches, some form of house church, and maybe a niche in a big church. Its going to take God's guidance to find them.
                                I think it's already happening.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X