Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Generation Y and Z Confirms Futurism is true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
    "All prophecy has happened except the good parts" makes sense, huh? I bet it also makes sense to you that two planes can bring down three steel buildings. I despise cowards. As does the Lord.
    Are you competing with SeanD to see who can offer the least compelling argument?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Are you competing with SeanD to see who can offer the least compelling argument?
      He has almost convinced me to become a preterist with his conspiracy argument.

Comment

"All prophecy has happened except the good parts" makes sense, huh? I bet it also makes sense to you that two planes can bring down three steel buildings. I despise cowards. As does the Lord.
        So, are you also a "9/11 truther"? Do you really think the USA government is evil and competent enough to pull off a false flag operation where only some kooks catch on to what "actually" happened? Are there any conspiracy theories you don't believe? You do believe the Nazis murdered millions of Jews(and other "undesirables") and that man landed on the moon in 1969, right?
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          So, are you also a "9/11 truther"? Do you really think the USA government is evil and competent enough to pull off a false flag operation where only some kooks catch on to what "actually" happened? Are there any conspiracy theories you don't believe? You do believe the Nazis murdered millions of Jews(and other "undesirables") and that man landed on the moon in 1969, right?

Yes, I am a "9/11 truther". "The U.S. government" is too simplistic a breakdown of the elements involved. Not everyone in the government was involved. And there were elements of other governments, which are really just elements of the Satanic government over us all. As I mentioned before on this forum, "conspiracy theory" was a CIA invented phrase to throw shade on people who distrust the "official" narrative, which is given to keep the masses from learning about their Satanic overlords. You should watch the movie The Good Shepherd with Matt Damon. It tells the true story about how the CIA was founded by secret society members (Skull and Bones at Yale). Most "intelligence" (dealing in secrets) agencies were. John Dee, considered one of the first "secret agents" under Queen Elizabeth, was a well known alchemist/Rosicrucian.

This is why preterism is a dangerous fantasy that involves sticking your head in the sand about the way the world really is and how dangerous the enemy and "the principalities of this dark world" really are. Many of the Pharisees who orchestrated Jesus' death were kabbalistic practitioners who knew that He was who He claimed to be, but preferred someone else. They were also mostly Edomites. "For Jacob I have loved, but Esau (Edom) I have hated."

Comment

God is a conspiracy theorist:

Scripture Verse: Psalm 2

Why do the nations conspire
            and the peoples plot in vain?
            The kings of the earth rise up
            and the rulers band together
            against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,
            “Let us break their chains
            and throw off their shackles.”

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Conspiracy is also a legal term for bad guys plotting a crime. If a group plans to rob a bank, that would be a bank robbery conspiracy. No need to claim evil when incompetence works. The 9/11 attacks could have been prevented if there had been a locked metal door to keep hijackers out of the cockpit. The problem with acting like chicken little and crying that the sky is falling every time you get beaned in the head with an acorn is that no one will believe you. Or everyone gets eaten by a fox.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                He has almost convinced me to become a preterist with his conspiracy argument.
                Reminds me of how the one and only time a political commercial ever affected was my vote was that it convinced me to vote for the other person.

Basically, it was an attack ad on one of the candidates in an election I had previously not cared that much about. Now, I'm aware these ads frequently will exaggerate things or take things out of context in order to attack the opposing candidate, so I usually don't put much credence into them. But what I was struck by in this commercial was that even if everything it just said was true, none of it seemed particularly important (at least to me). So I figured "well, if that's the best you can come up against this guy, I guess he's worth voting for" and voted for the candidate the ad was attacking (for the record, that candidate won). If not for that ad, I would've abstained from the election entirely.

Comment

What about the moon landing, Darfius? Was that faked too?

Comment

What about the moon landing, Darfius? Was that faked too?
                    No idea. Doubt it, though. The Bible indicates that the enemy has "bases" on other planets that "even there" they will not be able to escape from God's wrath.

Scripture Verse: Obadiah 1

3 The pride of your heart has deceived you—O dwellers in the clefts of the rocks whose habitation is the heights, who say in your heart, ‘Who can bring me down to the ground?’ 4 Though you soar like the eagle and make your nest among the stars, even from there I will bring you down,” declares the LORD. 5 “If thieves came to you, if robbers by night—oh, how you will be ruined—would they not steal only what they wanted?

Comment

No idea. Doubt it, though. The Bible indicates that the enemy has "bases" on other planets that "even there" they will not be able to escape from God's wrath.

Scripture Verse: Obadiah 1

3 The pride of your heart has deceived you—O dwellers in the clefts of the rocks whose habitation is the heights, who say in your heart, ‘Who can bring me down to the ground?’ 4 Though you soar like the eagle and make your nest among the stars, even from there I will bring you down,” declares the LORD. 5 “If thieves came to you, if robbers by night—oh, how you will be ruined—would they not steal only what they wanted?

Space Demons!

Comment

Space Demons!

Get your laughs in while you still can. Very soon, men's hearts will be failing them for fear of what is coming upon the earth. God stopped Babel because "otherwise nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them." He will not stop them this time, to show all of creation the wickedness that is possible when He is disregarded and:

Scripture Verse: Psalm 64

Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint;
                        protect my life from the threat of the enemy.
                        Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked,
                        from the plots of evildoers.
                        They sharpen their tongues like swords
                        and aim cruel words like deadly arrows.
                        They shoot from ambush at the innocent;
                        they shoot suddenly, without fear.
                        They encourage each other in evil plans,
                        they talk about hiding their snares;
                        they say, “Who will see it?”
                        They plot injustice and say,
                        “We have devised a perfect plan!”
                        Surely the human mind and heart are cunning
                        But God will shoot them with his arrows;
                        they will suddenly be struck down.
                        He will turn their own tongues against them
                        and bring them to ruin;
                        all who see them will shake their heads in scorn.
                        All people will fear;
                        they will proclaim the works of God
                        and ponder what he has done.
                        The righteous will rejoice in the Lord
                        and take refuge in him;
                        all the upright in heart will glory in him!

Comment

Get your laughs in while you still can. Very soon, men's hearts will be failing them for fear of what is coming upon the earth. God stopped Babel because "otherwise nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them." He will not stop them this time, to show all of creation the wickedness that is possible when He is disregarded and:

Scripture Verse: Psalm 64

Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint;
                          protect my life from the threat of the enemy.
                          Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked,
                          from the plots of evildoers.
                          They sharpen their tongues like swords
                          and aim cruel words like deadly arrows.
                          They shoot from ambush at the innocent;
                          they shoot suddenly, without fear.
                          They encourage each other in evil plans,
                          they talk about hiding their snares;
                          they say, “Who will see it?”
                          They plot injustice and say,
                          “We have devised a perfect plan!”
                          Surely the human mind and heart are cunning
                          But God will shoot them with his arrows;
                          they will suddenly be struck down.
                          He will turn their own tongues against them
                          and bring them to ruin;
                          all who see them will shake their heads in scorn.
                          All people will fear;
                          they will proclaim the works of God
                          and ponder what he has done.
                          The righteous will rejoice in the Lord
                          and take refuge in him;
                          all the upright in heart will glory in him!

Are you on medication? If so, I think you missed your dose.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                            Reminds me of how the one and only time a political commercial ever affected was my vote was that it convinced me to vote for the other person.

Basically, it was an attack ad on one of the candidates in an election I had previously not cared that much about. Now, I'm aware these ads frequently will exaggerate things or take things out of context in order to attack the opposing candidate, so I usually don't put much credence into them. But what I was struck by in this commercial was that even if everything it just said was true, none of it seemed particularly important (at least to me). So I figured "well, if that's the best you can come up against this guy, I guess he's worth voting for" and voted for the candidate the ad was attacking (for the record, that candidate won). If not for that ad, I would've abstained from the election entirely.
                            That's more or less why I abandoned the pre-trib rapture idea I was taught growing up; I read a book attacking other views.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Are you on medication? If so, I think you missed your dose.
                              I know you think it's crazy to read, understand and actually reference the Bible, Sparkplug, but honest, it's just Christian.

Comment

I know you think it's crazy to read, understand and actually reference the Bible, Sparkplug, but honest, it's just Christian.
                                I have no problem with the bible, just how you misuse it.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X