Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Soul Sleep, ECT, Annihilation: Are the dead conscious or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy View Post
    Thank you. That is what I believe. Is this also your belief? The reason I asked, is because I wanted to know if someone who didn't accept the doctrine of Conditional Immortality could describe it without repeating what the Bible says. I believe the doctrine of Conditional Immortality is described perfectly throughout the Bible.
    I believe in both conditional immortality and the eternal conscious torment of the dead.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
      I believe in both conditional immortality and the eternal conscious torment of the dead.
      http://www.rethinkinghell.com/about/statement

Comment

• The view I hold is not that view. As I pointed out, while I hold to conditional immortality of the soul, I also hold to a eternal conscious torment of the dead souls. At issue is the Biblical view point. Each view claiming the view held to be Biblical.

What needs to be identified are the key differences in understanding held by each. And the Biblical truths agree and disagreed on. And why.
        Last edited by 37818; 12-10-2014, 11:00 AM.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          The view I hold is not that view. As I pointed out, while I hold to conditional immortality of the soul, I also hold to a eternal conscious torment of the dead souls. At issue is the Biblical view point. Each view claiming the view held to be Biblical.

What needs to be identified are the key differences in understanding held by each. And the Biblical truths agree and disagreed on. And why.
          That would be interesting.
          What do you feel the key differences are in the eternal conscious torment model and the conditional immortality model?
          Have you seen this diagram listing the key differences and key agreements between the three different views on the fate of the unsaved?
          http://www.rethinkinghell.com/assets...med_detail.png

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X