Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Life after the eclipse (sign of Jonah)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
    After the total eclipse on August 21, we've had Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma and imminent world war. All of this preceding the "sign in the heavens" on September 23 (Revelation 12). Anyone suspicious that we may be living in strange times?
    I had pretty much ignored the 9/23/2017 hubbub, but I decided to read "The Revelation 12 Sign" by Phil Moser and find out what it is all about. Revelation 12:1-5 supposedly portrays an astronomical sign that occurred 9/23/2017, and announces the soon pre-trib rapture of the church. If Phil Moser is right the rapture should happen by 11/29/2017. The nation of Israel was established 11/29/1947 and 70 years is a generation. Jesus said it would happen in this generation (Mat 24:32-34, Luke 21:29-33). Never mind that the great tribulation is described in Mat 24:21-29.

There are some scientific gems in this book. Scientists have recently discovered that at the very moment the human egg is fertilized by sperm, light is given off. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. (John 1:9)

During the Revelation 12 sign the seed of the woman is represented as the planet Jupiter and is found in a position above the portion of the sky which has been blocked from view by NASA an area below the exit from the birth canal of Virgo. Here we see repeated the prophetic picture of Jupiter the king planet in juxtaposition above the possible planet x or Nibiru. Nibiru is a dark planet that is not visible with optical telescopes. All of the light emitted from this planet is in the infrared spectrum. Darkness was reported to have covered the entire surface of the earth for a period of three hours as recorded in Luke 23:44. This three-hour darkness that covered the entire earth could have been caused by a large planet, probably Nibiru, that came between the earth and the sun. This would explain the associated great earthquake that was mentioned as occurring at that time.

On 11/30/2017 we will know if we were left behind.
    The Capitol Insurrection And Religion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_bibl_vppi_i0

Comment

• I guess so.
      The Capitol Insurrection And Religion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_bibl_vppi_i0

Comment

• I was going to comment on how much different life was after the eclipse, but since everyone already died from the Net Neutrality repeal and the tax cuts, it was hardly worth the effort.

Comment

• Everyone enjoying their lives after the not-remotely-meaningful eclipse?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rayado View Post
            Everyone enjoying their lives after the not-remotely-meaningful eclipse?
            Maybe it really WAS meaningful, and we just haven't noticed yet. Have you checked lately to see if your feet are touching the ground?
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• What? are we still here?

Were we left behind? Again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                What? are we still here?

Were we left behind? Again?
                Funny you should ask, because it's baaaaackkkk...

Comment

• That is so wacky. Maybe He'd come back if people stopped claiming that He will return on a specific date for renovating the universe.
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rayado View Post
                    Funny you should ask, because it's baaaaackkkk...

Wait, that is the exact same story that Darfius was pushing with the eclipse! Can't they even come up with something original?

Comment

• Maybe those "predict the Second Coming/rapture/end of the world" types are trying to stall the return of Christ by expecting Him so He won't show up until they stop claiming He will show up! Or they will accidentally get it right someday. And Jesus promptly rebukes them for their foolish predictions and points out for the record that they were only correct by sheer accident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        Maybe those "predict the Second Coming/rapture/end of the world" types are trying to stall the return of Christ by expecting Him so He won't show up until they stop claiming He will show up! Or they will accidentally get it right someday. And Jesus promptly rebukes them for their foolish predictions and points out for the record that they were only correct by sheer accident.
                        More like Mat. 7:22-23.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          More like Mat. 7:22-23.
                          Ouch. Well, He sure does not like false prophets.

Comment

Wait, that is the exact same story that Darfius was pushing with the eclipse! Can't they even come up with something original?
                            This is just a lie.

Comment

Not the exact same--Meade is reinterpreting his original prediction because this is a better fit.

Comment

• We really should shame false prophets.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X