Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.


Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Life after the eclipse (sign of Jonah)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Darfius View Post
    This is just a lie.
    well he modified it a bit, but it is the same story you were claiming previously, the sign in the heavens, even to including the Planet Nibiru.

    oh and it is a new year and we still haven't been raptured (well you anyway, us heathens would probably be left behind in your theology) and pretty much nothing has changed and there have been no tribulations or signs. And now he has changed the date and is predicting a new date for the revelation 12 sign that he said and you believed was the eclipse.

    Isn't it time for you to apologize and admit you were wrong?

    Originally posted by Darfius View Post
    If I'm wrong, I say "my bad." If you're wrong, your cowardice leads you and everyone who relies upon you to damnation.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      well he modified it a bit, but it is the same story you were claiming previously, the sign in the heavens, even to including the Planet Nibiru.

      oh and it is a new year and we still haven't been raptured (well you anyway, us heathens would probably be left behind in your theology) and pretty much nothing has changed and there have been no tribulations or signs. And now he has changed the date and is predicting a new date for the revelation 12 sign that he said and you believed was the eclipse.

      Isn't it time for you to apologize and admit you were wrong?
      Given all the turmoil that has happened since Sept 23, up to and including the probable world war that is about to start, the humor of your rear end sticking up as your head is buried in the sand is only surpassed by the pathos of how many you could have strengthened for the coming trouble by not being a self-centered idiot. And I'm mid-trib, playa.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Darfius View Post
        Given all the turmoil that has happened since Sept 23, up to and including the probable world war that is about to start, the humor of your rear end sticking up as your head is buried in the sand is only surpassed by the pathos of how many you could have strengthened for the coming trouble by not being a self-centered idiot. And I'm mid-trib, playa.
        So since the same guy is now predicting the SAME sign is happening on April 23rd, you don't think that you were wrong in believing him when he said it was going to happen last year?

        Where IS that planet Nibiru anyway? Shouldn't it have been visible last year?

        Or is the new date all part of the Mandela Effect?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Where IS that planet Nibiru anyway?
          Look, if you're going to be doing ancient astronaut theory, you gotta open up the thread to us non-theists, too. Nibiru was created by Zecharia Sitchin, who claimed it was a 12th planet known to the Sumerians, in a highly eccentric 3600 year orbit, inhabited by ancient astronauts who evolved some 40 million years ahead of us.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
            Look, if you're going to be doing ancient astronaut theory, you gotta open up the thread to us non-theists, too. Nibiru was created by Zecharia Sitchin, who claimed it was a 12th planet known to the Sumerians, in a highly eccentric 3600 year orbit, inhabited by ancient astronauts who evolved some 40 million years ahead of us.
            The pirate was asking "where," not "what," Jerk.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

            Comment


            • Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              The pirate was asking "where," not "what," Jerk.
              The pirate was mocking him, which is okay by me, but for the wrong reason.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                The pirate was mocking him, which is okay by me, but for the wrong reason.

                This particular Nibiru is the "brain" child of Nacy Leider of Zetatalk as far as I can tell. She ate a starburst candy one day and got chosen as the spokesperson of the Zeta Reticuli aliens who told her that this mysterious planet Nibiru was going to pass by the Earth and cause a pole shift and a planetwide catastrophe. I remember arguing with her back on the Bad Astronomy forum before I even joined Theologyweb. A loon bigger than Jorge, Magellen2004 and John Martin all rolled up into one fruitcake burrito. It has been supposed to have been here at least 20 years ago and then every few months after that. She is still going on about it on her website: http://www.zetatalk.com/


                Although this thread is in the eschatology forum, it should be in the padded room. But since it is not my thread, it is up to Darfius to allow you to post here.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  This particular Nibiru is the "brain" child of Nacy Leider of Zetatalk as far as I can tell. She ate a starburst candy one day and got chosen as the spokesperson of the Zeta Reticuli aliens who told her that this mysterious planet Nibiru was going to pass by the Earth and cause a pole shift and a planetwide catastrophe. I remember arguing with her back on the Bad Astronomy forum before I even joined Theologyweb. A loon bigger than Jorge, Magellen2004 and John Martin all rolled up into one fruitcake burrito. It has been supposed to have been here at least 20 years ago and then every few months after that. She is still going on about it on her website: http://www.zetatalk.com/
                  The Twelfth Planet was first published in 1976.

                  Although this thread is in the eschatology forum, it should be in the padded room. But since it is not my thread, it is up to Darfius to allow you to post here.
                  I'm absolutely sure I remember him giving me permission.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                    The Twelfth Planet was first published in 1976.
                    Time travel, my friend. Time travel.

                    I'm absolutely sure I remember him giving me permission.
                    Ah, maybe it is the Mandela Effect.

                    Comment


                    • It appears that nothing other than the "sign" happened, even after giving it what....almost 4 years?
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

                      "... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Darfius View Post

                        If I'm wrong, I say "my bad." If you're wrong, your cowardice leads you and everyone who relies upon you to damnation.
                        Well? Even for a mid-trib we are beyond the time period for the rapture by now.
                        Last edited by Sparko; 08-23-2021, 02:57 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                          It appears that nothing other than the "sign" happened, even after giving it what....almost 4 years?
                          Hey, Stupid, I hope you're having a good day and thank you for "forgiving me" in the other thread before proceeding to mock me and pick a fight here. Clearly you are my moral exemplar.

                          Covid, which has destroyed more freedoms than the first 9/11 in preparation for a global government, is not "nothing". Nor is the instability in Afghanistan, which will likely have far reaching consequences worldwide.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Darfius View Post

                            Hey, Stupid,
                            Takes one to know one.

                            I hope you're having a good day and thank you for "forgiving me" in the other thread before proceeding to mock me and pick a fight here. Clearly you are my moral exemplar.
                            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

                            I'm trying to emulate your posting style...after all, you ARE a self-proclaimed Genius and and expert Bible interpreter...



                            Covid, which has destroyed more freedoms than the first 9/11 in preparation for a global government, is not "nothing". Nor is the instability in Afghanistan, which will likely have far reaching consequences worldwide.
                            it's not much either. 4 years I would have thought it would be much worse TBH if the end times have started.

                            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

                            "... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

                            Comment


                            • Guess it's always seven years from now. The Black Death and WW2 were worse. It's a fallen wworld and bad stuff will happen until Christ returns.
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                                Guess it's always seven years from now. The Black Death and WW2 were worse. It's a fallen wworld and bad stuff will happen until Christ returns.
                                We actually don't really know for sure the Black Death and WW2 were worse because we have no way knowing ourselves unless we were actually there. Our information about it is based on historical documents recorded by others that condenses all these events. Also, there was probably a very large percentage of people in the world not affected by those things and probably never even knew they were happening. Whereas today, not only do we have a greater population than back then, but there are many more people who "hear" about these things because of our communication technology. That has a much bigger impact on the world as whole.
                                "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seanD, 10-15-2021, 07:32 PM
                                75 responses
                                396 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Thoughtful Monk, 10-15-2021, 01:04 PM
                                50 responses
                                304 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Started by Darfius, 09-21-2021, 03:42 PM
                                10 responses
                                80 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Darfius
                                by Darfius
                                 
                                Started by Darfius, 09-03-2021, 05:50 PM
                                8 responses
                                117 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post 3 Resurrections  
                                Started by seanD, 02-05-2014, 02:15 PM
                                63 responses
                                9,819 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seanD
                                by seanD
                                 
                                Working...
                                X