Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Russia, the king of the North, the Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tabibito
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Particularly if that association goes back to roughly the 6th cent. B.C.
    Seems not. Medieval times, starting with cartographers then adopted by cartoonists. Russia didn't actually adopt the bear as symbolic of anything to do with the nation until 1980.

Leave a comment:

• Esther
    replied
    Here is a link to gotquestions which I find concise. I have always taken for granted Russia is the king of the North in the Bible and the Bear.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Russia-end-times.html

It is the injured bear theory I heard in the past few days that I am finding interesting.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

I've been hearing that interpretation for decades. Wonder if the interpretation occurs prior to the Cold War?
    Particularly if that association goes back to roughly the 6th cent. B.C.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Esther View Post

Do you mean does the Bible make it clear Russia is the king of the North and the Bear? Or is it a modern day interpretation?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Thoughtful Monk
    replied
    Did the authors indicate that meant Russia or is that something we concluded today?
    I've been hearing that interpretation for decades. Wonder if the interpretation occurs prior to the Cold War?

Leave a comment:

• Esther
    replied
    Did the authors indicate that meant Russia or is that something we concluded today?
    Do you mean does the Bible make it clear Russia is the king of the North and the Bear? Or is it a modern day interpretation?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Esther View Post
    In the Bible, Russia is the king of the North (North of Israel) also understood to represent the Bear. I heard such an interesting observation on one of the Christian channels, that an injured bear is far more dangerous than one that is not. Putin is injured I think. The Ezekiel 38 war could well be on its way.

Leave a comment:

• Esther
    started a topic Russia, the king of the North, the Bear

Russia, the king of the North, the Bear

In the Bible, Russia is the king of the North (North of Israel) also understood to represent the Bear. I heard such an interesting observation on one of the Christian channels, that an injured bear is far more dangerous than one that is not. Putin is injured I think. The Ezekiel 38 war could well be on its way.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X