Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Third Temple and Unforgivable Sin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

However we understand Hebrews 6:4-6, I disagree with it being the "unforgivable sin" Jesus described. I think there's a bit of hyperbole going on because a few verses later, Hebrews says "even though we speak like this", which is a suggestion he might be speaking a little stronger than strictly necessary.

Jesus said that only blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable, and that doesn't seem to describe what you're talking about here.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      However we understand Hebrews 6:4-6, I disagree with it being the "unforgivable sin" Jesus described. I think there's a bit of hyperbole going on because a few verses later, Hebrews says "even though we speak like this", which is a suggestion he might be speaking a little stronger than strictly necessary.

Jesus said that only blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable, and that doesn't seem to describe what you're talking about here.
      Even in the case of Jesus, I don't believe He was saying they HAD committed the unpardonable sin, but were "this close" (forefinger and thumb almost touching) to it.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you were to use the present dimensions scaled-down, for a model of Ezekiel's temple, it would look like a pack of cigarettes, laid flat. With two chopsticks for the pillars, one on each front side. This alone shows how far people miss the truth when wrestling scripture to their own destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Even in the case of Jesus, I don't believe He was saying they HAD committed the unpardonable sin, but were "this close" (forefinger and thumb almost touching) to it.
          Yes, I don't think there's anywhere in the Bible that says that a specific living person can't be forgiven. It didn't even say that about Judas. So for us to say that about anybody today seems a bit presumptuous.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Yes, I don't think there's anywhere in the Bible that says that a specific living person can't be forgiven. It didn't even say that about Judas. So for us to say that about anybody today seems a bit presumptuous.
            It always kinda saddens me when people almost seem to be rooting for somebody to "get what they deserve" because they sinned away their day of Grace or something.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

https://dispensationalpublishing.com...temple-period/ This will be an eye-opener for you and others. Plenty more proof.
              The first sentence on that page says:

"The Jewish people will construct the third temple"

It does not say that Christians (dispensationalists) will build the temple or do animal sacrifices, which is what you claimed:
              Originally posted by Dave L
              ]Dispensationalists plan to return to animal sacrifice in their millennial theory
              There is nothing that would stop the Jewish people from building a temple or starting animal sacrifices. They would just be ineffective as the old covenant is void. And since the Jewish people who have not accepted Christ as their savior are already damned, building a temple or doing animal sacrifices can't damn them any more than they are already damned. So saying it is "an unforgivable sin" is nonsense since they are not saved to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The first sentence on that page says:

"The Jewish people will construct the third temple"

It does not say that Christians (dispensationalists) will build the temple or do animal sacrifices, which is what you claimed:

There is nothing that would stop the Jewish people from building a temple or starting animal sacrifices. They would just be ineffective as the old covenant is void. And since the Jewish people who have not accepted Christ as their savior are already damned, building a temple or doing animal sacrifices can't damn them any more than they are already damned. So saying it is "an unforgivable sin" is nonsense since they are not saved to begin with.
                But scripture knows nothing of it. And Dispensationalists have already committed themselves to commit unforgivable sin, even if it is Satan's decoy.

Comment

The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

But scripture knows nothing of it. And Dispensationalists have already committed themselves to commit unforgivable sin, even if it is Satan's decoy.
                    So you are admitting you were wrong in claiming dispensationalists were going to start animal sacrifices? Come on, man, at least be honest enough to admit your mistakes!

Comment

What a steaming load of horsie poo. Again, the ultrawide brush, and a false accusation you won't be able to back up.

I'm beginning to think you might be an atheist pretending to be a Christian just to mess with people here (and other boards where you spread this same manure).

Comment

Here you have it folks...the "unpardonable sin" back in the OT.

2 Kings 24:2-4

"And the Lord sent against him bands of the Chaldees, and bands of the Syrians, and bands of the Moabites, and bands of the children of Ammon, and sent them against Judah to destroy it, according to the word of the Lord, which he spake by his servants the prophets. Surely at the commandment of the Lord came this upon Judah, to remove them out of his sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he did; And also FOR THE INNOCENT BLOOD WHICH HE SHED: for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood; WHICH THE LORD WOULD NOT PARDON."

Child sacrifice: the "unpardonable sin".

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Resurrections View Post

"And the Lord sent against him bands of the Chaldees, and bands of the Syrians, and bands of the Moabites, and bands of the children of Ammon, and sent them against Judah to destroy it, according to the word of the Lord, which he spake by his servants the prophets. Surely at the commandment of the Lord came this upon Judah, to remove them out of his sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he did; And also FOR THE INNOCENT BLOOD WHICH HE SHED: for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood; WHICH THE LORD WOULD NOT PARDON."

Woe to you abortionists....

(not referring to you, 3R)

Comment

I understand, Cowpoke. But yes, abortion has affected our family, to our great, lasting grief. It is a pain that never dissipates. One day I hope to embrace that most precious child. God expresses nothing but disdain for those who take a reward to destroy the innocent. It is a sign of a country's decadence that they institutionalize and financially support the murder of the innocent. It is a breaking of the very first commandment given in Eden, for mankind to "be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth". For those who repent of this, God certainly has and will extend His great mercy. But for those who do not...

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Resurrections View Post

It states that God did not pardon it in that particular case, not that it was inherently unforgivable. Using that same logic, you could argue that breaking the Sabbath was an "unforgivable" sin in the Old Testament because of the guy picking up sticks.

Comment

Yes, KingsGambit, I would agree with you that it was that particular case that God was not going to pardon. This is why I laid emphasis on God's great mercy being able to forgive someone who repents of participating in an abortion. Manasseh did not repent. Therefore, his sin in filling Jerusalem with innocent blood from one end of the city to another was not pardoned by God, and judgment fell accordingly. I only bring up this subject of a particular example of child sacrifice being an "unpardonable sin" because there are those who tend to concentrate on the Hebrews 10 context to the exclusion of any other sin. If they want to classify something as being "unpardonable", then there is language in this OT context of 2 Kings 24:2-4 that uses those very specific words, if they want to get technical about it.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X