Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Third Temple and Unforgivable Sin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3 Resurrections View Post
    Yes, KingsGambit, I would agree with you that it was that particular case that God was not going to pardon. This is why I laid emphasis on God's great mercy being able to forgive someone who repents of participating in an abortion. Manasseh did not repent. Therefore, his sin in filling Jerusalem with innocent blood from one end of the city to another was not pardoned by God, and judgment fell accordingly. I only bring up this subject of a particular example of child sacrifice being an "unpardonable sin" because there are those who tend to concentrate on the Hebrews 10 context to the exclusion of any other sin. If they want to classify something as being "unpardonable", then there is language in this OT context of 2 Kings 24:2-4 that uses those very specific words, if they want to get technical about it.
    Any sin can be regarded as unpardonable where it is not repented of. That is not to say that individual transgressions have to be repented of, case by case - a decision to do everything as God wants things done will suffice (and is probably more acceptable to God).
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X