Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Why it's important to look for signs of the last days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Where do you find that? The closest that I recall is at the end of Revelation where we are told that those who adds (or takes away) from anything in Revelation will be cursed

Scripture Verse: Revelation 22:18-19

I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.

© Copyright Original Source

Starting to look like Darfius isn't going to answer that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Starting to look like Darfius isn't going to answer that.
      You called me Darius, so I couldn't be sure you were referring to me. In addition to the Revelation verse you cited, there is also:

Scripture Verse: Galatians 1

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

The gospel, which we possess in Scripture, was "not of human origin", but "received by revelation from Jesus Christ" and if it be subverted at all, such a one is under God's curse. If the Scriptures were not vouchsafed to us by God, then they were of human origin, contrary to Paul's claim here. You are to blame for not having already arrived at this simple inference yourself. It's the same reason you're unaware of the times you live in. Disobedience, presumption and thinking you are rich when you are really poor, blind and naked.

You say that John "could not" have been referring to all of Scripture when he pronounced the curse on those who would add or take away from it, but this is human and therefore faulty reasoning. John wrote under inspiration of the Spirit and what he wrote was not "of human origin".

Speak my name correctly when you address me and do not presume to either add or take away from God's word, lest you fall under a curse.
      Last edited by Darfius; 10-19-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post

You called me Darius, so I couldn't be sure you were referring to me. In addition to the Revelation verse you cited, there is also:

Scripture Verse: Galatians 1

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

The gospel, which we possess in Scripture, was "not of human origin", but "received by revelation from Jesus Christ" and if it be subverted at all, such a one is under God's curse. If the Scriptures were not vouchsafed to us by God, then they were of human origin, contrary to Paul's claim here. You are to blame for not having already arrived at this simple inference yourself already. It's the same reason you're unaware of the times you live in. Disobedience, presumption and thinking you are rich when you are really poor, blind and naked.

You say that John "could not" have been referring to all of Scripture when he pronounced the curse on those who would add or take away from it, but this is human and therefore faulty reasoning. John wrote under inspiration of the Spirit and what he wrote was not "of human origin".

Speak my name correctly when you address me and do not presume to either add or take away from God's word, lest you fall under a curse.
        He's referring to those who have a different message, one that contradicts the one he is teaching: "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse"

That's not the same thing as you were saying since the corpus didn't exist. Moreover, in Paul's case he doesn't say anything about adding to his message. If someone could provide more detail about something I seriously doubt that he would have objected. Just as long as it didn't alter that message.

You are doing exactly what you accuse others of doing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment