Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Are We Approaching The End Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    You have a point but I think focusing exclusively on technology may cause you to miss something....
    I don't think he's "focusing exclusively on technology" as much as he's recognizing it's another piece of the puzzle.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You have a point but I think focusing exclusively on technology may cause you to miss something. There have always been words like selfish, self-absorbed, etc. in the dictionary. However recently, the word "selfie" has come into existence because of of technology and a whole industry focused on promoting that behavior. Maybe it's the development of our technology that is setting up the last days when man thinks he's so smart he doesn't need God.

By the way, does this make Mark Zuckerberg an "anti-Christ"? (No, not The Anti-Christ but a type.)
      I believe social media fulfills 2 Timothy 3:2 to a tee and is just another among many examples of why we're in the last days. I don't think there's ever been a time in human history "lovers of self" has been fulfilled and advertised on a collective level like now.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I believe social media fulfills 2 Timothy 3:2 to a tee and is just another among many examples of why we're in the last days. I don't think there's ever been a time in human history "lovers of self" has been fulfilled and advertised on a collective level like now.
        When all is said and done, I can't think of a time in my life, or in history, that seems to better line up with the conditions in which Jesus will return to receive His own.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

When all is said and done, I can't think of a time in my life, or in history, that seems to better line up with the conditions in which Jesus will return to receive His own.
          I don't think we're ready in the western world. I think we're about to get tested -- our comfortable world turned upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I don't think we're ready in the western world. I think we're about to get tested -- our comfortable world turned upside down.
            To quote one of my favorite shows (Babylon 5): "The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

To quote one of my favorite shows (Babylon 5): "The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
              UNforgivable - I haven't seen that episode!
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

UNforgivable - I haven't seen that episode!
                Season 1; Episode 10; "Believers"
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
                  It does not follow logically that because other generations thought they were in the last days that therefore we are not now in the last days. It doesn't even suggest it. All that matters is whether the signs exist or not and they do, primarily the reformation of Israel, which was the blooming of the fig tree "other generations" did not possess.
                  “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." (Mt 24:32–35)

Some think "this generation" corresponds to the nation of Israel, which started again in 1948.

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Mt 24:14)

And we're getting close to this point!

Blessings,
                  Lee
                  "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Other than my belief that this is the last days generation, if I were certain about one thing, it's that I expect any day now a church to come out and set another date, and for that to get national media attention. If I were the enemy, that would be my greatest strategy to give yet another blackeye to eschatology, make Christians look bad nationally, and cease any and all further discussion about the subject. I would be very surprised if that doesn't happen well within the next year.

Comment

Season 1; Episode 10; "Believers"
                      Thankee - I will make sure to watch it.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

This has been a great discussion. Thanks everyone.

Let me ask the question another way using the Doomsday Clock as a model. On this clock, Jesus ascended to Heaven at 12:01 AM and at Midnight, He will return.

What is your guess on what time shows on the clock? I'm going to go with 11:00 PM.

Comment

This has been a great discussion. Thanks everyone.

Let me ask the question another way using the Doomsday Clock as a model. On this clock, Jesus ascended to Heaven at 12:01 AM and at Midnight, He will return.

What is your guess on what time shows on the clock? I'm going to go with 11:00 PM.
                          22:37:21

Comment

Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations. (Deuteronomy 7:9)
                            He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. (Psalm 105:8)
                            How long is a generation? Twenty years? Maybe forty years? He might not return for another forty thousand years!
                            When I Survey....

Comment

22:37:21
                              23:37:22!!!

Comment

As a matter of fact, there have been so many WRONG predictions, that when there's another "ok, this is really it", it's like the boy who cried wolf.

Even JESUS doesn't know!
                                Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                He didn't know. He does now.
                                Zactly

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X