Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Giving the 'Blood Moon' claims some credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like duducing (a mix of deduction and dud, meaning a deduction that turned out to be a dud) is original

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Rogue, you're acting like what I would expect a little kid on the internet to act like, man.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Rogue, you're acting like what I would expect a little kid on the internet to act like, man.
        Apparently I've run afoul of disagreeing with you. My bad.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Apparently I've run afoul of disagreeing with you. My bad.
          Nah, you know that ain't it. I'm all for free speech. I just expect detractors to act like grown men, just sayin. But you do you, I'm not going to stop you.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Nah, you know that ain't it. I'm all for free speech. I just expect detractors to act like grown men, just sayin. But you do you, I'm not going to stop you.

I simply posted this

Personally, I think that history is chock full of eras when things were considerably worse than what we are experiencing now.

resulting in Darfius jumping in making personal accusations. I then backed up my statement and returned the favor by reminding him that his own stated beliefs make his accusing others of having "no conception of the real world" farcical.

Apparently I struck a nerve resulting in another barrage of personal attacks which again were easily slapped down.

Now you come along and say I'm the one in the wrong. Someone who amen'd both of Darfius' posts. Well, all things considered I hope you understand that I really couldn't care any less about your opinion in the matter. Not even a little.

Comment

I simply posted this

resulting in Darfius jumping in making personal accusations. I then backed up my statement and returned the favor by reminding him that his own stated beliefs make his accusing others of having "no conception of the real world" farcical.

Apparently I struck a nerve resulting in another barrage of personal attacks which again were easily slapped down.

Now you come along and say I'm the one in the wrong. Someone who amen'd both of Darfius' posts. Well, all things considered I hope you understand that I really couldn't care any less about your opinion in the matter. Not even a little.
              If by "personal attacks" you mean by stating facts such as you saying "we" aren't in a bad situation while utterly disregarding Christians being persecuted around the world, then yes, I personally attacked you. Some might call it "believing you mean what you say", but others like you might prefer playing the victim rather than being confronted by and adjusting themselves to the truth.

After I made the effort to educate you about your callousness, you rejected correction and chose the route of "I'm not racist, I have black friends" by providing posts where you mentioned Christian persecution in passing in threads about politics (posted in Civics) or to stick it to a rival not in your "in-group" (cerealman).

I suspect sean's point is that your post at the top of this page was purely spiteful and clearly not in the spirit of correction or to be relevant to the topic of the thread. Let's see whether you accept your correction this time or feign more ignorance. Sadly I think I can predict the answer.

Comment

The persecution here in the states looks like it's going to start off as not being overtly religious in nature (though in light of the unhinged leftist intersectionlists sweeping across the land, I don't rule out that it will eventually turn into that). It looks like it's going to be political. It's going to be the targeting of conservatives. We've already seen what I call "soft persecution" with social media censorship. And now we're seeing the rhetoric ramped up to eleven now, with Biden and intelligence agencies throwing around the "domestic terrorism" term, and we know who they're talking about. And since most conservatives are Christian, and most Christians (I'm guessing) are conservative, Christians are going to be affected indirectly. In most cases they do it very subtle and don't directly use the word "Christian." In other cases they're rather overt and lump everything together -- Christian, Trump supporter, Qanon, etc. -- and outrightly call them domestic terrorists. You even had Pelosi outrightly call Republicans "the enemy of the state." The MSM has been nonstop with that rhetoric, and we know how susceptible to MSM brainwashing folks have become.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...iolence-466034

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/03/23...an-extremists/

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-b1812490.html

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X