Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Elect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rushing Jaws
    replied
    Darfius,

I don’t think you can really object to my wall of text on another thread, if you are going to post a wall of text on this thread.

Though writing all that, is impressive. Kudos.
    Last edited by Rushing Jaws; 07-14-2021, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Darfius View Post

He also claimed disprovable things like he was the lamb of Revelation and that he could bed other men's wives. In order for your cowardly implication that I am like him to graduate to a fact, you'd have to disprove the claims I make. do u even logic, bro?
    Wow, talk about REALLY bad logic! I mention somebody who "also read the Bible and took it seriously", and you hop on your conclusion jumping horse and ride like the wind!

No thanks - you're free to spew forth your nonsense without me.

Leave a comment:

• Darfius
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I concur.

No, that's not why. Vernon Wayne Howell also read the Bible and took it seriously.
    He also claimed disprovable things like he was the lamb of Revelation and that he could bed other men's wives. In order for your cowardly implication that I am like him to graduate to a fact, you'd have to disprove the claims I make. do u even logic, bro?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I've been called crazy many times on this forum
    I concur.

for actually reading the Bible and taking it seriously
    No, that's not why. Vernon Wayne Howell also read the Bible and took it seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Darfius
    replied

Wow, you're downright certifable!

Unsubscribing ---- BLOG ON!!!!

(The Pharisees also tried to make things incredibly difficult -- I think you're working harder than them!)
    I've been called crazy many times on this forum for actually reading the Bible and taking it seriously. That says more about the people throwing the slander than it does me.

The Pharisees added to Scripture to add to their own authority, not to "make things more difficult". In fact, they decreed that one was not obligated to both pay the temple tax and care for one's own parents, which decreased the burden of the Law. Jesus condemned them for this, which you would know if you actually read the Bible and took it seriously, rather than being "saved" in your own eyes and according to the traditions of men you favor, ya know, like the Pharisees.

Thanks for unsubscribing. It saves me the trouble of asking you not to waste space in my thread if you're not going to contribute meaningful content.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

This is meaningless, undefined "holy speak" that has led to the horrid state of the world "Christians" have allowed today. What is the "gospel"? What constitutes "preaching"? How does one know one is "in the power of the Holy Spirit"? My post, which you are either too lazy or too cowardly to respond with specifics to, addresses all of the above.

Korah said some meaningless, undefined "holy speak" like that right before being swallowed alive into hell. Repent.
    Wow, you're downright certifable!

Unsubscribing ---- BLOG ON!!!!

(The Pharisees also tried to make things incredibly difficult -- I think you're working harder than them!)

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    No specifics? Good Lord, I knew you people were dishonest, but now you're not even hiding it.
    This must be you showing your Christian nature. There is nothing dishonest in what LJ said.

Leave a comment:

• Darfius
    replied
    Rather than worry about who "the elect" are, how bout just being obedient to Jesus and spread the word?

Mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Tell people about Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit, leaving the results to God.
    This is meaningless, undefined "holy speak" that has led to the horrid state of the world "Christians" have allowed today. What is the "gospel"? What constitutes "preaching"? How does one know one is "in the power of the Holy Spirit"? My post, which you are either too lazy or too cowardly to respond with specifics to, addresses all of the above.

Korah said some meaningless, undefined "holy speak" like that right before being swallowed alive into hell. Repent.

Leave a comment:

• Darfius
    replied
    Originally posted by Esther View Post
    Darfius, how about Mathew 24:22 in the Amplified Bible for an explanation of who the elect are?

22 And if those days had not been shortened, no human being would endure and survive, but for the sake of the elect (God’s chosen ones) those days will be shortened.
    Esther, "chosen ones" is one of the definitions I provided, but that's still too ambiguous to gather all of the answers the Lord provides in His speech. As I mention in the post, there are things one must do to be chosen by God, "chosen" having a connotation of being "called out" from among a larger group to a smaller group in closer fellowship with Him.
    Last edited by Darfius; 04-27-2021, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Rather than worry about who "the elect" are, how bout just being obedient to Jesus and spread the word?

Mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Tell people about Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit, leaving the results to God.

Leave a comment:

• Darfius
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

I read the whole thing....Twice!

So, taking your advice I'll just say...You sound verbose and wrong.
    No specifics? Good Lord, I knew you people were dishonest, but now you're not even hiding it.

Leave a comment:

• Esther
    replied
    Darfius, how about Mathew 24:22 in the Amplified Bible for an explanation of who the elect are?

22 And if those days had not been shortened, no human being would endure and survive, but for the sake of the elect (God’s chosen ones) those days will be shortened.

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied

Not really. Either find something factually incorrect in the logic or say, "great post, Darfius, thanks for the instruction". I honestly don't understand the logic behind complaining about reading on a forum. It's one thing to say that someone is verbose and wrong, but to simply complain about reading? You sound dumb.
    I read the whole thing....Twice!

So, taking your advice I'll just say...You sound verbose and wrong.
    Last edited by Littlejoe; 04-27-2021, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Darfius
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

It's not the reading that's the problem, the responding to the massive Elephant hurl that's the problem.
    Not really. Either find something factually incorrect in the logic or say, "great post, Darfius, thanks for the instruction". I honestly don't understand the logic behind complaining about reading on a forum. It's one thing to say that someone is verbose and wrong, but to simply complain about reading? You sound dumb.

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    So any thoughts on the actual content of the post? Weird to complain about reading on a forum.
    It's not the reading that's the problem, the responding to the massive Elephant hurl that's the problem.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X