Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

Discussion on matters of general mainstream Christian churches. What are the differences between Catholics and protestants? How has the charismatic movement affected the church? Are Southern baptists different from fundamentalist baptists? It is also for discussions about the nature of the church.

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and theists. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions. Additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Praying to Mary is worshiping Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    No, your response is empty.
    No! Your response is completely empty! Scripture plainly states that David was worshiped in equivalence to the LORD GOD (YHWH) = 1 Chron 29:20 wherein it is explicitly stated that "all the congregation blessed the LORD God (YHWH) of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshiped the LORD (YHWH), and the king (David)".

You can ignore and discredit scripture all you want. Unfortunately, for us that acknowledge scripture as inspired of God, scripture refutes your basic premise on what worship is and to whom it is directed...basically it is simply a matter of linguistics. Unfortunately, you are too infantile to have a mature comprehension. Keep to the milk, it may make you prosper!

It is obvious you have no response to the inspired scriptures...which accounts for your attempt at infantile diversions...
    Last edited by apostoli; 08-21-2014, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Paul dealt with the same thing. There is no God but one by nature (Galatians 4:8) but people can pray to anything/anyone that is not God and they become a "god" for them (1 Corinthians 10:19-20).
      In Deuteronomy it says (to the Isrealites) that they have "one God and Lord". A.Paul turns that around in 1 Corinthians to say we have ONE GOD THE FATHER, and one Lord Jesus Christ... Over three hundred years (until 325CE) the church was plagued by various morons such as you, then at a council, the majority church affirmed (irrefutably) A.Paul's teaching...which has been delivered down to us to this present day...

Which will you have? Your unsupportable predisposition or actual Christianity...
      Last edited by apostoli; 08-21-2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by apostoli View Post
        No! Your response is completely empty! Scripture plainly states that David was worshiped in equivalence to the LORD GOD (YHWH) = 1 Chron 29:20

Not so doofus. I already proved otherwise but you ignored commenting on what I wrote.
        Impossible to convince a blockhead against their will.

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          You cared enough before to misrepresent what they say and believe. Misrepresentation is wrong.
          Yeah we shouldn't misrepresent the basketball player insisting he was playing baseball.

With all the idolatry warned about in the OT and the NT the burden of proof is on those who pray to Mary to show us that God says it's ok to do.
          In addition to the fact that whenever prayer in the Bible took place it was always worship there is also the following:
          When Stephen died loud lamentation was made over him not "to" him (Acts 8:2) and when the apostle James died (Acts 12:2) there is no biblical evidence he was prayed to either. Added to this even after the death of all the other 11 apostles John makes no mention of this abhorrent practice in his later writings (of course no one else wrote in favor of it as well).

Burden of proof is on those who say it is ok to pray to Mary to provide real convincing evidence because the Bible is certainly against what they are doing.

Comment

Yeah we shouldn't misrepresent the basketball player insisting he was playing baseball.

With all the idolatry warned about in the OT and the NT the burden of proof is on those who pray to Mary to show us that God says it's ok to do.
            In addition to the fact that whenever prayer in the Bible took place it was always worship there is also the following:
            When Stephen died loud lamentation was made over him not "to" him (Acts 8:2) and when the apostle James died (Acts 12:2) there is no biblical evidence he was prayed to either. Added to this even after the death of all the other 11 apostles John makes no mention of this abhorrent practice in his later writings (of course no one else wrote in favor of it as well).

Burden of proof is on those who say it is ok to pray to Mary to provide real convincing evidence because the Bible is certainly against what they are doing.
            Everybody has their own burdens. Yours is to support your claim that Catholics believe Mary is a god or retract it. When pressed to apply your basketball analogy consistently, you have already implicitly withdrawn the claim (you do realize that, right?), why not make it official, man up, admit you got overly excited and misspoke. No one will think any less of you; in fact you would gain respect.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Not so doofus. I already proved otherwise but you ignored commenting on what I wrote.
              Impossible to convince a blockhead against their will.
              Doofus, there is not a Hebrew or Greek scholar that would support your ignorance. The original texts say what they say, David was worshiped in equivalence to YHWH (God)!!!

As for what you write, there has been nothing to comment upon! Except, to reveal your total and absolute ignorance (socially, scripturally and grammatically).

It is impossible to convince a moron against their will...try going to drug/alcohol rehabilitation to remediate your schizophrenia. You definitely have a problem, as everyone here at theologyweb recognises...Either see a Christian minister nearest to you or get to your local mental health professional. I recognise your symptoms. I had a son that suffered from your condition, and in his thirtieth year, in his insanity, he climbed under a train and waited for it to move, and as a consequence was decapitated...

Comment

• You may stand down now. Foudroyant managed to make himself persona non grata, and will not be returning.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Permanent !?
                  そんなに
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    You may stand down now. Foudroyant managed to make himself persona non grata, and will not be returning.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                      Permanent !?
                      そんなに
                      He stole Sparko's bacon. There's no forgiving that.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        He stole Sparko's bacon. There's no forgiving that.
                        Hrrrumpf. I manage to do that on a near daily basis. Guess I'm still unbannibatable.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Xena
                          The site philosophy of free and open discussion for all viewpoints, popular and unpopular will stay the same.
                          The moment I heard she was leaving, I knew that this statement would turn out to be a lie. Figures that it would be you who banned him, Bad Pig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                            The moment I heard she was leaving, I knew that this statement would turn out to be a lie. Figures that it would be you who banned him, Bad Pig.
                            As it happens, I didn't pull the trigger. Further, he wasn't banned for his viewpoints; frankly, his arguments were bad enough they didn't really need refuting. Care to make a third false allegation, and strike out?

sigpic

Comment

• No, you didn't ban him. All you did was announce his banning with glee, in a thread where he just happened to be mocking one of your major beliefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                                No, you didn't ban him. All you did was announce his banning with glee, in a thread where he just happened to be mocking one of your major beliefs.
                                You made a false accusation against OBP. You could at least apologize for that before you tear into him with an unprovable claim about his state of mind.
                                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X