Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

Discussion on matters of general mainstream Christian churches. What are the differences between Catholics and protestants? How has the charismatic movement affected the church? Are Southern baptists different from fundamentalist baptists? It is also for discussions about the nature of the church.

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and theists. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions. Additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Praying to Mary is worshiping Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    I'm not even surprised that you dodged the question. It was fun at first, now it's just boring. Until you're willing to acknowledge, at the very least, how novel your argument is, I'm gonna go spend my time more productively. In the mean time, there is a Catholic Answers piece that explores the etymology and historical definition of the English word "worship." Some here may find it interesting.
    You just don't approve how the evidence refutes your heresy.

Comment

• And there is no dictionary that defines worship as prayer, nor is there a dictionary that defines prayer as worship. What some dictionaries do is explain that worship can be expressed in the form of prayer.

A person can worship simply by bowing down. This doesn't mean that bowing down is worship, or that worship is bowing down. It means that the person expresses worship by bowing down.

He might worship in other ways as well, and he might bow down as a matter of simply being polite.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
        But we have much fuller liturgical prayers that have been handed down through the centuries
        Prayer in the Bible is always worship.
        What you and others are doing is not a fuller understanding of it but an overthrow of it.

Comment

• Prayer in the Bible is always worship.
          A bare assertion that you have never even come close to substantiating with any citation from the Bible.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
            And there is no dictionary that defines worship as prayer, nor is there a dictionary that defines prayer as worship. What some dictionaries do is explain that worship can be expressed in the form of prayer.

A person can worship simply by bowing down. This doesn't mean that bowing down is worship, or that worship is bowing down. It means that the person expresses worship by bowing down.

He might worship in other ways as well, and he might bow down as a matter of simply being polite.
            Prayer is always worship.
            I have 100% of the time it is done in the Bible to back me up on this wile you have 0% of the time.

But you will stick with zero.

Comment

A bare assertion that you have never even come close to substantiating with any citation from the Bible.

Wrong. I already cited 1 Corinthians 1:2.

Comment

• You dodged this:

What did the Lord Jesus call the Temple? --- A house of PRAYER.

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
                  Prayer in the Bible is always worship.
                  What you and others are doing is not a fuller understanding of it but an overthrow of it.
                  False accusation.
                  βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                  ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• 1Co 1:2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Has nothing to do with whether prayer is worship.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

False accusation.
                      Not false because by praying to Mary one is worshiping Mary....and worship is due unto God alone.

Comment

1Co 1:2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Has nothing to do with whether prayer is worship.
                        Wrong again.
                        Post #2 Letter "G"
                        http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...the-Lord-Jesus

Comment

Figured that....your opinion trumps all.
                          Blow it somewhere else.
                          Oh, the irony.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• The irony of me citing plenty of dictionaries to back up my assertions.

Comment

By claiming to know what Catholics teach and believe, but supposedly do not admit to teaching or believing, you assume the very knowledge of their hearts that you claim to know that Mary and the saints cannot have.
                              Exactly. A pity he's too blinded by his dogmatic assertions to see that.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Not false because by praying to Mary one is worshiping Mary....and worship is due unto God alone.
                                Absolutely false. I do not worship Mary and have never done so. I have not done what you accuse me of doing and you are not able to know my heart and hence have no way of knowing if what you say is true.
                                βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                                ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X