Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

Discussion on matters of general mainstream Christian churches. What are the differences between Catholics and protestants? How has the charismatic movement affected the church? Are Southern baptists different from fundamentalist baptists? It is also for discussions about the nature of the church.

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and theists. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions. Additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Praying to Mary is worshiping Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    Romans 8:26-27 are.
    Really? Why doesn't it say so? Do you have some sort of golden tablet that makes it possible for you to determine that some human is praying? There is nothing in the text that says as much.

The TEXT says that the Holy Spirit intercedes with groanings.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• The word "pray" is found in Romans 8:26.

Comment

The word "pray" is found in Romans 8:26.
        And it says we don't know what to pray for, so the Holy Spirit intercedes. And it says that the Holy Spirit does so with groanings. and that God knows the mind of the Holy Spirit. And that the Holy Spirit is acting in accord with God.

Where does it say that a human is praying?
        Last edited by tabibito; 08-20-2014, 08:10 AM.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Already addressed in Post #860.

Your next stupid argument....

Comment

Already addressed in Post #860.

Your next stupid argument....
            You can't answer the question, so you resort yet again to gratuitous insult. Par for the course.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• The answer was already supplied in Post #860.

Since you have nothing else you simply regurgitated this same asinine argument.

Comment

I don't know the official Roman Catholic stance as it pertains to your question. Whenever I tell them not to pray to Mary they almost always respond by saying that it's just like asking a friend (living on earth) to pray for you.
                This should perhaps clue you in to the fact that your opinion of prayer to Mary is in the extreme minority. Perhaps you're aware of this, which is why you seem unable to make a civil reply.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The answer was already supplied in Post #860.

Since you have nothing else you simply regurgitated this same asinine argument.
                  Your contempt for scripture, declaring it asinine, is noted.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• The so called answer you provided in post #860 was wrong.
                    Your contempt for scripture, declaring it asinine, is noted.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

He insists he is a baseball player. Who is anyone else to say otherwise?
                      Your analogy assumes that the basketball player, ie, Catholics, are lying, but you have no evidence to support your accusation. You cannot prove your honesty by pointing to a single place where Catholics supposedly say Mary can search the hearts in equality with the Holy Spirit or that Mary can guide prayers according to the will of God in equality with the Holy Spirit. You say you saw them playing basketball, ie, that you seem to know their sinful and idolatrous hearts and the meaning of their silent prayers, but you obviously do not. When people do not agree with your judgmental condemnation of others and of themselves, you insult them. You can insist you are right all day long, your whole life can be one long insult. Or maybe you could try a different approach.
                      Last edited by robrecht; 08-20-2014, 09:44 AM.
                      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Another idiot comment that was already dealt with in Post #212.
                        ---------------
                        This was posted in #688 and #788 and now here is Post #888.

Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven. (Psalm 148:13, NASB)

The only one due praise by every person is God. This is because His name ALONE is exalted. By offering praises (yes, this is prayer here) to Mary the RCC and others who pray to her are assigning her a position which God alone possesses.
                        -----------------
                        Psalm 65:2
                        O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come. (KJV)

Myriads of people can go to God in prayer at any time with many requests - and these requests can all be done silently and yet God will fully know them all.
                        Your demonic "Mary" does not qualify.
                        ------------------
                        Still not one prayer from the Bible was cited that isn't worship.

Your "god" has been dethroned.
                        Stick your head in a bucket of water, take three deep breathes, and then hold your breathe for three minutes. Then we will be rid of you...

Alternatively, read scripture and get a Christian education...Lets start with Phil 2:9-11

"Wherefore God (the Father) also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and (God the Father has) given him (Jesus) a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
                        Your "god" has been dethroned.
                        My God has been enthroned by his Father according to scripture!!!!

Your God (whatever fictitious obsenity you present him to be) is simply non-existent (according to scripture).

As for Mary, the disciples or any of the saints, in my entire longish lifetime in the RCC I have never heard them described as gods (apart from the deranged pretenses of KKK type pretend protestants suffering from alcohol or drug induced delusions).

In my RCC experience, when we find ourselves at wits end, when our faith becomes so low that we cannot front up to the Father or the Son, the Spirit intervenes, who in effect, turns us to the example of the saints who underwent far worse torments than we might encounter, and by focusing on them we can draw strength. In your absolutely secular perspective (your insular atheism) you most likely cannot accept such a perspective...which is a great pity, as apparently you have never experienced a Christian perspective on life...
                        Last edited by apostoli; 08-20-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          This should perhaps clue you in to the fact that your opinion of prayer to Mary is in the extreme minority. Perhaps you're aware of this, which is why you seem unable to make a civil reply.
                          You ignored what God teaches in Romans 8:26-27.
                          Typical

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                            Your analogy assumes that the basketball player, ie, Catholics, are lying, but you have no evidence to support your accusation.
                            Post #888.

Comment

• Originally posted by apostoli View Post
                              As for Mary, the disciples or any of the saints, in my entire longish lifetime in the RCC I have never heard them described as gods
                              The RCC and others pray to their mythical Mary...thus the believe she is a god for every time in Scripture prayer takes place it is worship.

Comment

Post #888.
                                This is the analogy I have been talking about.
                                βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                                ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X